I was nervous about the utility of this rug pad after reading the multiple reviews from people complaining that their runners did not stay in place even after installing this rug pad. NO PROBLEMS here! I installed the rug pad on hardwood floors in our hallway under an 8'x2' wool runner rug and have had NO problems with slippage. (thankfully!) Great product! No problems!
This type of pad keeps the rugs on my wood floors from moving and gives a nice cushion under foot. You need to cut it a few inches smaller than your rug so it slopes down around the edges. This is much better than the thin open weave type of pads which get folded up under rugs and have no cushioning. Very happy with this purchase and have bought several more to use all over my home.
This rug pad has absolutely no grip causing the rug to slip. There is a rubber type backing which holds firm to the hardwood floor but the top has no texture to hold rug in place. Purchased two of these for use in hallways. Very disappointed.
the pad is cushiony and does stick to the floor, but the accent rug continually slips off the surface of the pad much more frequently than the previous pad I had (with small squares that allowed for ventilation).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
product as described, quality is very good, although I have a problem with the runner I purchased slipping and am constantly re-adjusting it. Maybe it is great for a room-size rug, but not a runner
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
This rug pad has a nice thickness - palpably changes the experience of walking on the runner we have over it. It stays in place and keeps the rug from slipping on our wood floor. I downgraded it one star for the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We purchased a rug on Overstock and this pad and could not get the rug to stay put for the life of us! The pad did not work. I am not sure if it was the pad or the rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I've tried many types of carpet pads but this one is the ultimate. Carpets don't slide off and they're very comfortable to walk on. They are also fairly easy to cut to size if you need to. When it comes time to replace any of the cheaper varieties I've bought, I will be getting this type again.
I am pleased with the quality of this rug pad...it is nice and thick and seems to be made well. The only thing that I am a little dissatisfied with is that even with the rug pad, my runner (which is in a high traffic area) still shifts around and I often have to readjust it to the correct place on the floor. This even occurs using the non-rubber side that is intended for the use on carpeted surfaces. I definitely have noticed though that having the rug pad makes the rug look better and more uniform, the rug is more even and firm to walk across, and vacuuming the rug is easier and it bunches up less with the rug pad underneath. Therefore, I am overall fairly satisfied with my purchase.