We own a vinyerard and winery and wanted a small wine cooler for our tasting room. We plugged this in in August of 2011 and it is now December of 2011. This cooler suddenly started making loud noises (so loud we cannot leave it plugged in.) It also emites an electircal smell so combined with the noise, tells us the motor is going. Overstocks return policy is 30 days, so we'll have to contact the warrenty to see if they will do anything. Would not reccomend you purchase this unless you are willing to take the risk that it will only work properly for a short time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine if you only need it to last 6 months
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Match
This is a great wine cooler for the money. I purchased the cooler august of 2011, so I have been running it constantly for a year, during which time it has been completly full of wine. It is a pleasing unit, and I really like the temp settings on the top. It looks great sitting out in the open, ie not built into a bar or anything. I have not had one bit of problems with this, so perhaps the others just got bad units, it is quit and has no problems reaching internal temps. I keep my house 69 in winter and 71 in the summer, and at those settings, the upper chills to my setting and holds at 46 while bottom zone has no problems holding at 52. The one thing I do find annoying, is if the power blinks, the top zone where you keep whites, will reset to a neutral setting of 50 degrees, so you need to keep a check on it to make sure it did not reset during the night or while you were at work etc. I make my own wines, and found it extremely nice to keep a few bottles of each batch at a more constant and cooler temp than in my basement and ready to drink at a moments notice. As I write this review, I am drinking a glass of home made merlot that has been aging for one year, in the nice cool environment of this cooler. Its fantastic. I did hedge my bets and purchase a square trade warranty on this cooler just in case, but really it is running just as it did when plugged in a year ago. Would purchase again
The fridge was the right size for our pantry -- but sleek & quite enough to keep in an open area, which is where it is until we move to our new house. When it first arrived, the top cooled to 44, but after a week or so doesn't go below 53. The bottom is at 54. This is fine for us as we don't drink whites regularly & I would pull a bottle and chill first anyway. Hold 18 bottles easily. I am happy with my buy. Good for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so so
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
very pleased with the wine cooler and received it very fast!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very nice
good value for the price. I was worried that it will be too loud but the noise level is acceptable. I do hear it but since there are no compressor like an ac unit or a refregerator it is a bit quieter. The manual states that it should run from room temp of 70 degrees. My living room is averaging at 80. The internal temp doesn't quite reach it's minimal settings. I guess that is due to the high external temp. both zones reach 53 degrees. The lowere temp zone should reach low 40's but hopefully during cooler seasons it actually reaches is.
The wine color is quite, aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and the digital display and inside lighting add a special touch that makes the unit stand out in my wet bar.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Despite the dimensions being listed, the unit looks much bigger online.