I have had electric kettles for over 4o years now, and have been through many in my life and this one is a gem. It is a very simple and clean design. The stainless steel look is great and so far seems to be easy to keep looking nice. It isn't a chrome finish but looks at home with my other appliances in my modern kitchen. This has two very important qualities that I knew I needed that many others don't. It has a temperature gauge on the side. This is a wonderful feature as it allows you to see how hot the water is at all times and I use it to heat water for cooking as well as tea as it's so much faster than waiting for a pan to boil (like kick starting the process). Also since I will use it to make instant coffee you need to have a gauge as that shouldn't be made with boiling water as it taints the coffee. The second is that it is QUIET!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how many metal kettle sound like a freight train running through the kitchen, and can be so bad that having a conversation near one can be tough. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to recommend it to anyone one!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not bad - darker steel than lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I don't know why some people have complained that the interior is plastic - a lot of my kettles have been plastic all over and there's nothing wrong with that. It means the kettle is doubly insulated and the exterior doesn't get so hot you can't touch it. I'm a Brit. I know all about kettles! I like the blue light to tell you it's on, and the water level indicator. It also looks very elegant. Replaces a Krups kettle which was a disaster, and very dangerous. This seems absolutely fine and I'd recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far so good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I've never had an electric kettle before so I read the reviews and the one by honestpolicy was most helpful and spot on. It's fast and quiet. It turns off promptly when it comes to a full boil. It's very easy to handle and pours nicely with no dripping or splashing. You can set it back on the base easily in any direction. It frees up space on the stovetop. One reviewer commented about it being plastic inside, and I wondered whether this would affect the taste, but it doesn't after the first boil. I'm very happy with this kettle.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact. I also have the toaster by the same manufacturer and it matches.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I've only had it a few weeks, but it works just like it should so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Very convenient having quick access to hot water. It boils fairly quickly and stays acceptably hot for a little beyond 5 minutes. Reboils quickly. The least thing that I like about it is it's fill line. Water has to be added to a minimum level which seems to be nearly 3 cups. It feels as if a lot of water is unnecessarily heated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chose it for its stainless steel composition. Seems to be a good grade.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
I would highly recommend this kettle. I have been looking for one that had a little style and finally found it. I love the fact you can grab it from any postion. It does not need to be placed on the base in any certain way. I use it primarily to heat water for 2 or 3 cups of coffee/tea and it is very quick.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Being stainless it looks like nice stainless.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think it's a great value for the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product is just as the description states.
As the English do, the key to a good cup of tea is how hot the water is. That was my motivation to buy this product. Hot water heats fast, like the blue light up system to let you know it's on, auto shut off, the kettle itself is portable. Very well made for many years of excellent tea.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a great electric kettle! It has a wide opening, so it is easy to fill. It heats the water very fast, and without much noise. The water is the perfect temperatrue for instant coffee and tea. I am 100% happy with this kettle!! It was also a very good price from Overstock, and shipped quickly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. AAA+++
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
This kettle both looks really nice on the counter, but more importantly, has worked very well also. I've had no issues. I really like the gauge on the front to let you know how hot the water is. I also really like that you can put the kettle on the base at any position.
I searched for awhile and finally decided on this, after reading many reviews. What clinched it was a review by a British woman. Who knows more about making tea? Also, from other reviews, I realized that it has other uses. I use it for making instant oatmeal and hot chocolate etc. I use it all the time and it is great and I have never had a problem with it. I recommend it highly.
WOW! . I bought this for an extended house guest that drank tea. First time buying an electric kettle and I feel free lucky. The piece looks great, super easy to use and is so fast even I was shocked! Been using this for 8 months and works like the day we got it!
Unlike the kettle we replaced, the spout can be turned in any direction while on the heating element/plate. With that attribute, and with a longer cord, I can easily avoid steaming the wood cabinets above the counter. Another improvement is the on/off switch flips off when the kettle is taken off the heating element. It seats easily when placing back on the heating plate. Plus, it has a temperature gauge if you want to stop it before boiling (for. e.g., tea). It has a long, soft, blue light (although under the handle, it is still visible). The lid has an easy to use release in the middle silver section, a good safety feature if it were to get knocked over. We've used the kettle daily for a month and are thrilled with it. It also looks sleek. I'm tempted to buy another as a back-up.