DOES THIS HAVE A PERMANENT FILTER OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE REPLACED, IF SO, HOW OFTEN AND WHAT IS THE COST OF THE FILTERS.
Quiet machine. smaller than I thought but works fine....
Sunpentown AC-7014G Moss Green HEPA Air Purifier with Ion Flow Technology
ITEM#: 13534433Keep your home full of fresh air with this Sumpentown HEPA air purifier. Featuring ion flow technology, this white air purifier combines filters with UV light to ensure your air flows fresh and pure.
- Color: Moss green
- Input voltage: 120V / 60Hz
- Rated power: 57W
- Ideal area: 269 square feet
- Noise level: (hi/med/low) 48/39/28
- Air flow: (hi/med/low) 115/75/50 CFM
- Dimensions: 16.14 inches wide x 6.89 inches deep x 17.13 inches high
- Unit weight: 9.48 pounds
- Pre-filter: Captures larger particles
- Anti-bacterial pre-filter: Captures and removes bacteria and microorganisms
- HEPA filter captures 99.5-percent of airborne pollutant particles as small as 0.3 microns, including spores, pollen, mold, pet dander and dust
- Activated carbon filter helps remove household odors
- UV light sterilizes the air by breaking down microorganisms, such as germs, viruses, bacteria, fungi, mold and more, and effectively destroys the nucleic acids in these microorganisms so their DNA is disrupted and destroyed
- Ion flow generates negative ions to attract particles, such as dust, pollen and many other allergens, which are positively charged, once bonded, the particles become heavy and fall to the ground and out of your respiratory system
- TiO2 (titanium oxide) filter + UV: Photo catalytic oxidation is achieved when UV ray combines with a TiO2-coated filter, this process creates hydroxyl radicals and super-oxide ions, which are highly reactive electrons, these electrons aggressively combine with other elements in the air, such as bacteria and volatile organic compounds (VOC), which are harmful pollutants; once bound together, the chemical reaction takes place between the super-charges ion and the pollutant, effectively oxidizing or burning the pollutant and breaking the pollutant down into harmless carbon dioxide and water molecules
|Primary Filtration Type||Pre-Filters|
|Recommended Room Size||Medium: 151-400 sq. ft.|
|Warranty||1 year Limited Manufacturer|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Helpful
- Most Recent
Quiet machine. smaller than I thought but works fine.Read More
Easy to assemble. Quiet when running. Does not take up a lot of room. Delivery was on time. Would purchase again!Read More
Inexpensive, quiet, effective in even a large area. the Sunpentown AC=7014G well exceeded my expectations and works better than a system I previously bought for more than 10 times as much. I would purchase another, but it keeps the air clean in my entire apartment, and both my and I smoke.Read More
This Hepa Air Filter works extremely well! It is quiet, & looks attractive.The price was great, even with the extra warranty. I would & have reccommended it very highly!!.Read More
While I don't like the number of different filters that come with this purifier, I do like the fact that it removes odors and has helped decrease the allergens in my bedroom. It also serves as a nice white noise producer at night. The low and medium settings are quiet enough to sleep through. It is bigger than I expected, which does make it harder to hide and "blend in," so if you're looking for a compact air purifier, this is not your model.Read More
I'd say the actual odor and pollutant reduction capabilities of this unit are much better than most. I have 5 cats living indoors yet, the 'scent of animal' still annoys me so I've tried a few different Mfg and Models types. THIS ONE, by far, takes care of my problem the BEST! However, The UV bulb burned out in less than 4 months and some of my filters are dirty. I'd reorder more parts from Mfg, BUT the cost will outweigh the unit. Instead, I WILL just order a whole new unit since that seems to be the way with most of the air filter/purifiers out there. Honeywell and other brands had replacement parts that would outcost the original purchase price as well.Read More
It is a great air purifier. We never turn it off, keep it on the low fan setting all day long, even though it is in our bedroom and we are not in it during the day. At night my husband likes the medium fan setting for white noise. The UV light seems to have burned out already, after about maybe 9 months? We have been too lazy to replace, and have had reduced allergy symptoms even without the light. One major thing to note, however, every filter inside this thing is wrapped in plastic when you get it. You have to open it up and unwrap them all. We had no idea and ran it the first several weeks with it all still in plastic. It's wrapped on the inside, not the outside, so we had no idea. We hated it at first, it was a little loud and didn't make much difference. Then we opened it up to see why it was loud, and bingo, we had never properly unwrapped it and set it up. So that is my only warning. That could even be why our UV light burned out so fast... We vacuum the filter regularly, and have not looked into how to change filter/where to purchase...Read More
Questions & Answers
This air cleaner actually uses 3 different replaceable filters and one UV bulb:TiO2 filter (+ the uv light) = kills bacteria and VOCCarbon Filter = odor removalHEPA filter = removes airborne pollutants. They should be replaced every 6 months or so and the cost is about $30. Factory suggest filter replacement once every 6 months.
The item uses three different types of replaceable filters. These should be replaced every six months as suggested by the manufacturer, and the replacement filters cost about $30.
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Best Air Purifier for Allergies
Best Air Purifier for Allergies from Overstock.com. Here's what to look for in an air purifier when you suffer from allergies.
Best Locations for Air Purifiers
Best Locations for Air Purifiers from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with the best locations for air purifiers and advice about our many brand-name products.
Best Air Filter for Your Home
Best Air Filter for Your Home from Overstock.com. Consider these air filters when you're shopping for the best purifier for your family.
FAQs about Air Purifiers
FAQs about Air Purifiers from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with answers to frequently asked questions about air purifiers and advice about our many brand-name products.
Air Purifiers Buying Guide
Air Purifiers Buying Guide from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about air purifiers and advice about our many brand-name products.
Tips on Air Purifiers
Tips on Air Purifiers from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about air purifiers and advice about our many brand-name products.
Air Ionizer Fact Sheet
Air Ionizer Fact Sheet from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with facts about air ionizers and advice about our many brand-name products.
Why You Need an Air Purifier
Why You Need an Air Purifier from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about why you need an air purifier and advice about our many brand-name products.
Home Appliances Buying Guide
Home Appliances Buying Guide from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about home appliances and advice about our many brand-name products.
How to Change a HEPA Filter
How to Change a HEPA Filter from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to change a HEPA filter and advice about our many brand-name products.
Wedding Bells At Pride Parade
Shipping & Returns
Usually leaves our warehouse in 1-2 business days. *
Standard Return Policy:
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details