Been using a steamer that I purchased from another company years ago. I guess I was used to bad performance!! This steamer is great. Strong, steady steam. The built in hanger is a real plus. I would recommend this steamer. I use mine instead of ironing. Seldom do I bring out the iron. I live a pretty casual life and if you are a neat freak, you many not rely on a steamer as I do.....but it's pretty darn good.
I researched this steamer before I purchased it. It was not a let down. Ladies and gents, put away your iron! What took me 20 minutes now takes me about 35 seconds. The longest time is turning your clothing item around to steam the other side. This steamer is fast, easy and affordable. Great features include gripping hangers, large water tank and a long hose. It heats up in seconds! Easy to use and makes your clothing look great. If you are looking for that hard starched look, this isn't the item for you, but if you like a nice pressed look buy it! This item has made my life much, much easier and my clothing look great!!
I spent an enormous amount of time selecting the brand of steamer that I would purchase. That part was the most frustrating of all. Well, I can save YOU the trouble I went through. This is the one! I love the Sunbeam S1500 Classic Garment Steamer. It's very user friendly and sturdier than I thought it would be. I even steamed my jeans with it. I must say, though, that I am the type to take my clothes out of the dryer and hang them up immediately, so my jeans probably weren't as wrinkled as those that people leave in the dryer all tumbled and jumbled together with other clothes. I was concerned that the height of the steamer's clothes' hanger wouldn't be sufficient for me (I'm 5'6") and that I would have to do a lot of bending, which would take a toll on my back and neck problems. But once again, I was pleasantly surprised at how high the pole actually reached once I had extended it fully. It required very little bending. In no time at all, I had gotten the hang of it, and in fact, within an hour of setting it up, I had steamednearly all of the trousers(7 pair) that I had just taken out of the wash. I even learned to use the creaser within that time frame as well. It made awesome creases. I really didn't know that it would have a creaser when I first purchased it, so that was a relief that it did. Of course, I didn't get it perfect on the very first try, but the steamer made my errors easy to fix by simply resteaming the section of the crease that wasn't perfect and then using the creaser to fix it. It does take a little extra effort to hang the pants, but I was able hang them full length (from waist to hem), something I thought wasn't possible based on the online photos I'd seen of people using the steamer. However, I do think that I will probably purchase (or make) a steam board in the future, only because it will be so much faster. But the hanger will still be great for steaming blouses and just refreshing clothing in general. By the way, there were no leaks from the machine nor the hose. The hose is very well insulated and never got too hot to touch. The steamer heats within seconds. I still wait at least a minute or two, though, just to make sure that it really is ready. The water tank is very ample. I was able to steam all of the trousers I mentioned, and there was still water left in the reservoir. The steamer takes regular water from the tap. Distilled water would probably be better for the machine in the long run though, for obvious reasons--less sediment deposit. I haven't tried any of the other steamer brands out there, but I can assure you that this one will do the job and do it like a pro. I see no reason to pay more money than I have to, and I feel that the price I paid (around ($95 on sale) was well worth it for ease of use, quality and durability, and time-saving. It stores away nicely, too. You can lower the hanging rod or leave it up for convenience sake because it doesn't take up much room at all. I really think you will love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is really good. I was hoping that I hadn't purchased something that would be broken in a couple of months. I wasn't disappointed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described, and perhaps even a bit better
This Sunbeam Classic garment steamer takes the wrinkles away in a second. I can go through a whole load of laundry in about 15 or 20 minutes, and doing it is a breeze. I would recommend this steamer to everyone who cannot afford to send every single piece of clothing to be ironed. It really does a great job removing wrinkles.
This is a great unit. I saw some reviews complaining about not being able to use your own hangers on it and that is just not true. The hanger provided folds down and on both sides are plastic studs that you can hang your own hangers on. It's really nice that the provided hanger folds down to make it easy for storage. This is a really good product.
I have not regretted this purchase. It shipped quickly and was easy to assemble. My husband and I both have wardrobes that usually require a lot of dry cleaning. This steamer has reduced my need to send out my clothes. (I still send out my husband's shirts, however). It heats up quickly and is fun to use.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The product seems too large to be practical for people living in homes with narrow rooms. It's too large & unsightly to fit into a small laundry room & requires as much storage space as a vacuum cleaner. I have to keep it in my guest bathroom which makes the bathroom look messy & crowded (who wants to look at hoses, hangers, or water tanks when you're using a bathroom?). It's too heavy to make the cost of return shipping practical, so I may try to sell it at a garage sale & buy a smaller "storage friendly" & compact product. I only need something to take the wrinkles out of things in my closet & don't need 45 minutes of steam. It's probably great for a large family with a large laundry room and/or walk in closets, where it might be hidden when not in use, but even after emptying & attempting to dry it you probably wouldn't trust that it's dry enough to store in a carpeted closet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate: black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fine but the humongous size makes it difficult to store or use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The tank portion is quite large & can't fold up for easy storage
Easy to assemble. Works perfectly. My old stramer (toby) broke after a year so This replaced it. If you have clothes balled up in a drawer you can use this on them for a few minutes and every wrinkle comes out! It doesn't make you look stiff and overdressed, just pulled together, not sloppy! Love it when rushing to get ready for work in the morning.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
Love this steamer. Bought it to steam new drapes instead of ironing them. Wish the hose was a little longer. I have found some many other uses for it. Holds plenty of water. Now I use it for anything wrinkled, shirts, tablecloths, curtains, you name it. Never need to iron again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good I guess
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good product. Never thought how handy this is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This steamer really BLOWS steam. Replaced a smaller steamer that quit working and wish we would have done it earlier. Very easy to assemble and operate right out of the box. Heats up and creates steam in less then a minute. Easy to add and refill water. Good balance when rolling on hard floor. Does have an included hanger or there is a hook for your own hanger. Also a lower clamp rod to pull the garment taunt for easier steaming and an included creasing attachment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description matched delivered product
I was debating between this one and the other one from a different brand (the peptobismol pink color), but went with this Sunbeam because it was 50 dollars cheaper. This one work really well. You can also control the height of the stand, (which I don't think you can do with the pink steamer) and long hose. It heats up and makes the steam in like 1 min, and removes wrinkles well on silk blouse or sweaters. A
I love my steamer! No, it will not totally replace your iron, but it is a dream for steaming dresses and other garments that I normally took to the dry cleaners. It literally paid for itself with the trips I saved to my local cleaners! Note: I use filtered water in mine to be sure the irons and minerals in my tap water won't stain my clothes or clog up my steamer.
I love this thing. It has made ironing so much easier and faster. It's particularly nice for a wrinkled item that isn't supposed to be obviously ironed (think jeans, scarfs, kids' clothes.) Sleeves are a breeze. The attachments are easy to put on without burning yourself. The assembly took a few minutes and it wasn't very obvious where each piece went. But the directions were clear and easy to do. It can be a little difficult to do the edges of pieces, but the attachments work reasonably well for taking care of the problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not commercial grade, but enough for at-home use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I did not think I would depend on this product as much as I do. Fast, easy to operate. If I had to have one criticism, it would be the flat hanger that comes with the unit. I prefer to use my own hangers and turn the clothing myself to reach the other side. The unit is very easy to assemble and use. I do not know how I ever did without it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top notch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This garment steamer is super easy to set up and use. I expected assembly to be a pain but the pieces clicked quickly and easily into place and I was using the steamer in just a few minutes. My daughter and I have tried steaming everything. It's just so-so on a lot of cotton, but everything else it does great. I love it! Oh -- the wheels on the base are a nice feature. Makes moving it from room to room a breeze, and it can double as a spare I.V. pole because yeah-that's a feature that's so often needed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Professional quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead-on accurate description.
The steamer has performed well. It heats quickly and has a much larger water tank than the popular unit it replaced. That unit was slightly less expensive, but it was not as well built as I had to insert a screw to keep the pole from collapsing. It would be nice if the built in hanger (a nice hanger) would hang from a hook on the pole rather than attach to the pole as I usually hang my shirts on a hanger, so I end up hanging my shirt (already on a hanger) from their shirt hanger. I would buy this again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
I bought this product because someone else told me that they had it, but it doesnt work that well. Its better that waiting for the iron to heat up and getting the board out, but doesnt get all the wrikles out of certain materials, including kakai
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. its cheap looking for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? doesnt work that great
Our old steamer just stopped working so we ordered one that was a little higher quality this time. We are very pleased so far.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
this product works as described. But its not worth the price you can buy one much cheaper that will do the same job for much less money. the hanger works but you have to take the shirt off and turn it around which is a lot of trouble most steamers have a simple hook to hang your own hanger on and is much easier to turn it around to do the other side.take my advice and buy a cheaper one and save your self some money.