It was over priced. Other sites sell this for $$$ less than I purchased it such as **********. The surface got scratched up easily. Paint peels off if you try to paint the scratches. The legs wobble even if it's screwed well. Don't buy from Overstock.
My first desk arrived damaged (bottom of one of the drawers was broken), and the customer service was great! Long story short because UPS did not come to pick it up I got to keep it and will put it to good use in my son's first post college apt! The second one that came was in great shape except for a small nick on the front which was easily colored in with black magic marker. It is a beautiful piece and feels solid, easy to put together (just the legs), but I can see how the finish would chip easily. I am using it in a guest room so I'm sure it will be fine. I put a blotter on top so a laptop won't chip it and it's great. Other reviews talked about the finish chipping easily. For the price I think its great!
I bought this desk because I really liked the look. Very IKEA-esque. However, the top of the desk chips very easily, even from normal office use. I've had to use a Sharpie on 10-15 different spots after owning it for 3 months. If this desk was $40-50 (like IKEA would likely price it), I would understand, but $130 is too much for the poor quality of the finish.
We were really impressed how how solid & sturdy this desk was when it arrived. It was also quite easy to assemble; my 10 year old did it herself. I wish I could find more pieces of furniture like this. It looks fantastic, & was a good value in my eyes.
Saw that it rated well and liked the styling so I went ahead and ordered. However, I read after I ordered about the chipping problem. I tried to cancel but I was too late. I would have to send it back. I even bought a plastic mat for it at office store right from the beginning but yup...the top chips very easy and white specs where it chips are showing up. I am not even sure what caused the chipping. I think I set down my keys. It is a desktop for got sakes and it shouldn't chip from basic regular use. I would not recommend this product.
urchased this desk because they stated it is made of wood. Well, upon arrival, It already had scratches on the black surface that showed what appeared to be a white or light grey plastic for a base. As we put the piece together, it seemed every time a surface was touched, it scratched off the black and showed the white color. I wanted to return the piece immediately but the return shipping prevented me from doing so. As it is, upon assemly-NEW OUT OF THE BOX- I had to use a cloth to cover the very, very low-quality and ugly desk. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The black finish is some sort of coated product. Honestly, if you drag your almost empty backpack across it, you will have many permanent scratches. It's like a cheap protective coating with a very bad white color under it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very inaccurate. I am the most cautious and careful of people with finishes on furniture. As we were putting this piece together (very gently) it showed many, many scratches.
Good desk for a teenage boy! It fit perfect in my sons room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice and sturdy, perfect for a teenager!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
the desk is in my living room and looks great.... the finish is a bit more plastic looking than i'd like... but it is a price performer... the color is black...you can't go wrong..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. strong...sturdy...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accuarate...