Upon opening and inspecting the package I didn't see anything ruined that would have alerted me to the bad quality of the manufacturing, but as I got further into the project of building this piece, I realized what a piece of junk this was. The wood was good quality, but the way that it was manufactured was awful. Most if not all of the hole that were "pre-drilled" were lining up correctly, and for someone that puts things together for a living I was appalled at the fact that on the back panels the holes drilled were half off the side of the wood making it useless. The notches for the shelves were also askew as if someone had blindly produced this product or it had been done by a machine. The doors do NOT close all the way, and the general unsound structure of it is awful. Stay far away from this product.
We had some difficulty putting this item together. The top of the chest wouldn't line up correctly, but with pressure it finally slipped into place correctly. The pre drilled holes for the door magnets (closure) was off. We had to place them further up so the doors would stay closed. Overall we are happy with our purchase, and we have received many compliments on it.
I purchased this as a housewarming gift to hold wedding china and crystal in a very limited space. It definitely fulfilled it's purpose and looked nice too. Picture is very accurate as are the reviews about assembling the product. Tricky to do, but my husband is handy and was able to do it. Not for the mechanically inept. Also, the shipping experience was great!
I LOVE THIS DISPLAY CASE. IT IS HEAVY BECAUSE THEY HAVE USED REAL WOOD AND NOT GLUED TOGETHER CHIPS AND SAW DUST. TOOK MY FRIEND TWO HOURS TO ASSEMBLE. NOT COMPLICATED. LOOKS GREAT. I LOVED IT SO MUCH I BOUGHT ANOTHER. DEEP ENOUGH SO I TOOK ALL THE SMALL APPLIANCES OFF COUNTER(LIKE BREAD MAKER,GRAIN MILL,ETC.). SECOND ONE STORES COOK BOOKS AND LIQUOIR.
The cabinet looks great next to our fireplace and I found it easy to put together. Our last step will be to cut a few holes in the back panel for our media component cables to fit through.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wood is solid, and the piece put together is sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The unit came in a flat pack.... Pretty easy to figure out how to put together until one gets to the center partition.... The hole pattern will not line up for the shelves of the center partition is not put in properly and one has to know to look to see the hole pattern. Great otherwise .... solid wood and heavy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding or better
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
Overall I would not recommend this product nor do I think I would buy anything else from this company. The product arrived in a timely manner which was a plus but that is where it ends. When I went to put it together the bottom board would not butt up flush against one of the side boards preventing me from being able to tighten up the cam loc. After investigating the cause I found the front trim board on the bottom board was not cut flush. I contacted Overstock and advised them of the situation and they were able to get a new bottom panel on order and said it should arrive at the end of the week. Well Friday came and went and no board. Contacted Overstock on Monday and found that for some reason the replacement board was sent to Arizona instead of Oklahoma. I was then advised that there were no more of these available and that I could either send it back for a full refund or get a partial refund (50%) and keep it. I opted for the partial refund as I knew I could get the trim board flush which I did and when I was done you couldn't tell. The rest of it went together pretty uneventful until I got to the front doors. The pre-drilled wholes they made for the hinges were so far off that when I used them the doors were off center and would even close without hitting each other. So I had to fill the wholes stain them and align and drill my own holes. If I knew it would've been such a headache I would've returned it for a full refund. The only reason I gave this 2 stars was due to Overstock going out of it's way to make it right. Props to Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same. What I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall the quality of this product was poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was quite accurate
This storage cabinet is absolutely gorgeous in my foyer; however, it was a bear to put together as many of the pre-drilled holes were not in the correct spots and didn't match up properly. Instead of an hour or so like some reviewers, mine took forever to put together. Yet, the end result was worth it because it was exactly the piece of furniture I was searching for after several months of online and in-store shopping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This is a dark expresso brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid heavy piece once put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat accurate.
I am happy with the cabinet. Tricky instructions, not easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. its okay, not high quality. Its pressed board.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Great deal - love this piece. does require assembly but was quick and easy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? deep espresso
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good qiuality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
This was part of my first order from O.co, and I ordered this cabinet to use in my large living room. The shipping was FAST, I received it in 4 days! I was pleasantly surprised that all pieces were unscathed, as the box it shipped in had definitely seen better days. The assembly and instructions were easy, it took me an hour start to finish with no help. I'm very pleased with the look, it is exactly as pictured and the measurements were right on. I ordered this cabinet to go along with the "Archer" coffe table, end table, & sofa table. I haven't received the tables yet, but am hopeful that the woods will match. Also, I think the glass elements will compliment each other. Anyhow, for this cabinet, couldn't be happier! I would recommend it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurately described