This bird house is so great - it is large enough to hold a 20 pound bag of birdfood. It looks nice and was easy to install on our 4 x 4 post. The birds are thrilled - there is room for 4 birds on one side of the feeder! The last feed I had lasted 16 + years. I think this one go longer than that. I had been looking for a new feeder for a couple of years and this was exactly what I wanted.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I was looking for a high capacity bird feeder that would hold enough feed to last a couple of months between filling. This wood feeder holds a lot of black oil sunflower seed ~ 12 ibs. It is well made with screws vs staples. I put a couple coats of outdoor poly on it before filling it and hanging for the birds. The birds, squirrels, and chipmunks all enjoy their new feeder.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Unfinished wood
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nicely assembled.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Picture on site is a great representation of the feeder
This birdfeeder should get me and my bird friends through many, many seasons. I feed year round and the birds have plenty of room to share, plus the squirrels which we don't mind at all. We enjoy watching them too and what they throw on the ground our ground feeding birds enjoy. I am hanging mine and I only wish that they would have included a strap to hold it up securely. I have mine hanging by a bungee cord and I screwed hooks on each end for the cords to hang by. This works fine. It would be really great on a post because of the weight once filled. I haven't had to fill it the whole way yet as it holds a lot of food which lasts a couple of weeks without even filling it a third of the way full. Enjoy!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made solid to withstand just about anything.
YES, it is definitely XL ! But, the construction is good and we mounted ours on a post so other animals wouldn't bother the bird food and so far it's working. It holds a LOT of food so you don't have to fill as often. I'm liking it more every day. It looks nice in our yard and will feed many birds for a while!