My gift to my 8 year old granddaughter was a new area rug for her room. Her puppy was past ruining any more rugs, and a great report card seemed like a good excuse to treat her to a new rug. First, a disclaimer.... I had picked out a lovely wool rug with butterflies and flowers for her to consider, but she fell in love with this rainbow rug. I thought the wool rug was a better rug for the money, (and still do) but this is the one she wanted. It is soft underfoot, but not thick or plush. It is, however, bright and cheerful and she is very happy with it. When a friend of hers saw it for the first time, they both lay on the rug, staring up at the ceiling and her friend said "I wonder what a rainbow tastes like." She totally made the right choice for her room! <G>
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not plush, but I guess shag is not supposed to feel like a wool rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love this rug so much, that I had bought the smaller one, and then decided to buy this larger one. I LOVE THEM! The quality is phenomenal, and the colors are very bright. The rug rolled out, and when I vacuumed it -- it looked just great! Everytime I look at this rug it makes me smile and it really livens up the room that it is in, with the walls painted white, it makes a nice background -- check this out, and it is a great deal! A+++++ :-)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great -- true to photograph.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality -- and a great price!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
This rug is exactly what you see. My daughter loves it for her bedroom. The bottom of the rug is a little scratchy - so if you are concerned about scratching up your nice wood floors as we are you may want to put a rug liner underneath. Also, the rug did have a bit of a chemical smell so let it air out if you can before closing it up in a bedroom.
This rug is great, worth every penny! I wish I could live with the color blast in the living room because of the quality of the rug, but it works very well in the kids bedroom.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very soft, love it in my kids room! they love the feel, I love the padding!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I was surprised at how bright the colors were and how soft this rug is. It is definately worth the price I paid, good value and it is a great eye catcher. I would recommend this rug to anyone who is looking for a rainbow everyday to smile at.
This rug was purchased for my 11 yr old daughter. She and her friends LOVE the rug. It's in her bedroom and that's now become a gathering place to lay on the floor (hardwood). The quality of the rug seems very good. The colors are vibrant and really liven up her room. She has "Little MissMatched" bedding and the crazy colors/designs all compliment each other. We're all very happy with this purchase!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors in the rug are bright and vibrant - just like the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far (2 wks) the quality is very good. Soft, comfy for laying/sitting on. Hope it cleans well IF/when needed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurage - rug was exactly as expected (even better)
I got this for my daughter's room. She loves it. I wasn't too thrilled with the smell, but leaving the windows open for a couple of days dissipated it. The rug doesn't appear to shed either.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty much spot on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks to be made well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate.
I bought this rug for my daughter's room and the initial smell from the rug was completely overwhelming. It took a solid three weeks to air out. The color variation is fabulous and exactly what she wanted but it's a tad hard under foot from from the large knots required to make the shag rug, so not as soft or plush as a wool rug.
I haven't seen a shag run in decades, but this was a pleasant surprise. I purchased this primarily because the reviews were so stellar. I have not been disappointed. Another reviewer mentioned an odor, my carpet is completely odor-free. Once I unrolled and vacuumed it, it looked fabulous and seems high quality. No shedding. I did also buy a rug pad and that helps the carpet stand up and look better. My only complaint is that the purple tones are very deep purple. I realized the carpet had purple in it, but this particular shade of purple is very deep and powerful. I'm no fan of purple, I'm a pastel kind of person, but once I place a coffee table over the purple, it should mitigate it. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. It's worth the purchase price.
Just rolled out my area rug this morning and i LOVE it! If you are thinking about buying this, just do it! The colors are so bright and the texture is so soft. I cannot wait to buy another one for my dining room! I was a little hesitant because i was afraid the colors wouldnt be as vibrant as the picture but they have exceeded my expectation! It has brightened up my whole room. Would definitely buy again!
I ordered this "rainbow rug" for our living room and the we love it! We are a small family of 3 and our world revolves around our 3 year old. The living room is her domain with trains, puzzles, fruit stand, kitchen, tricycle, scooter, bins of toys, colorful artwork and wall décor and now this cozy, plush, vibrant rug. I love walking into our home and seeing the hints of color before I turn the corner to "wowness"!