After reading the reviews, I figured this lamp would be great for my bedroom, as I have two end tables and a king size bed. The room is not huge but certainly not small. When I opened the box I couldn't believe how BIG this lamp was. I don't know what kinds of bedroom sets these other reviewers have but this lamp is really big. It's beautiful and excellent quality and looks just as it did in the picture, but I didn't think to measure what I had in the room prior, before ordering this, which was my fault. That being said, I am deciding whether I should keep or return them. I do love them and don't really feel like dealing with the hassle of sending them back, but I will have to test them in the room for a day or so to see if I just need to get used to the size. I will say, I do think these would look great in a semi-formal living room as they would dress up any room they were put in!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good and heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good but a little misleading
Though not crystal, it's a really beautiful lamp that's heavy, looks expensive and looks great on a nightstand. It's a relatively tall table lamp, which is great for my particular bedroom set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same as the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be high quality because it's heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate -- agree with others, it's not crystal
The lamp is a tall, clear crystal/plastic base with a classic shade. The shade arrived slightly damaged but Overstock replaced it immediately. Great lamp and great customer service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This is a great lamp for bedside tables. Nice and tall and perfect for reading in bed
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I was looking forward to receiving this order, which took about a week to arrive. I was greatly disappointed by the look of the item. It looks like acrylic, not the stately crystal that was implied. I was expecting great reflective quality in the "crystal" but it lacks any luster or elegance. I am not impressed with this lamp and believe I paid too much for what I received.
The design is pretty good but the quality is not solid state. The metal seems tinny and thin. I actually think for the quality of this lamp it is overpriced but the design is quite good and I the style was what I was looking for so I'm keeping them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Metal is very cheap and tinny.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not crystal but acrylic.
I love the lamp because it fits my decor perfectly. The photo on line was exact so it made my decision to purchase it very easy. I also liked the types of customer support that was available to me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was accurate!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It has a very expensive look.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
First, as to value -- 90-ish is what I would pay for this lamp in my part of the world, so it's not a great deal. Second - it's gorgeous. The proportions are good, the acrylic is crystal clear, nice weight, the silver finish is spotless, if a little shinier than I hoped. I'll adjust. It may seem at first a little too large to use a pair on a bedroom dresser, unless you have big furniture as I do. BUT it's silver/glass, so it seems less obtrusive than a solid lamp would. Third - if you notice nit-picky little things, it will bother you that the column is not exactly centered on the base. The lamp appears to lean just slightly. This would drive me batty, except that I can turn the lamp enough to offset the imbalance, and it's in the bedroom so likely few other people will see it. Even if they were the type to notice such things. The lampshade is cheapo paper, nothing special, and I'll undoubtedly replace eventually. But in any case, pretty sure I'm going to purchase another to have matching lamps on my dresser.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is good. silver is more shiny.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was accurate
Nice tall lamps purchased with a crystal chandelier for my newly decorated master bedroom. They are a nice match and look great in my bedroom. They gave the room an overall contemporary feel. They are sturdy, heavy and well-made. I just hope the silver does not change color or chip. I also would have preferred if the finial was crystal and not silver. Overall, it is what was expected for the price.
Everything about this lamp is fantastic. I just wished the person who wrapped the shade in plastic had washed their hands. There were several small smudges of fingerprints on the shade. I wiped them off, it was better, but still a little noticeable to me. Then I saw there was an ink mark (tiny, like someone had taken a fine point marker and touched the rim with it). Still, I didn't want to hassle with a return. The lamp sits in the corner, and I turned the shade so you can't see the mark. It looks like a million bucks--I just wish they had cared for it in the packaging.
I could not believe the price for what I got. Shipping was prompt and very secure ...Thanks
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. beautiful and perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I feel compelled to write a review, because I just received my lamps and I am so impressed. The pictures on the site don't do it justice.If you are debating between the clear and the shiny, let me help explain. The lamp base looks mostly shiny, but the clear spots add some interest to it (versus just a lamp that is only shiny). The long/tall part/bar of the base is actually a shiny silver piece enclosed in a clear piece. It makes it look mostly like the shiny part, but if you look closely then you see how it is really made.The lamps are also more substantial than I imagined from the pictures. They feel very sturdy and are bigger than I thought. I'm using them for night stand lamps in the bedroom and it works well. They would also work well in a living room end table or main lamps in a living room area.The lamp has a three way switch feature, but that requires a 3 way light bulb, which I would need to go out and buy.I would expect to pay at least 2-3 times this price for these lamps in stores.Gives off a good amount of light. So much so that I only felt it necessary to use a 60 watt bulb (it accepts up to 100 watt).