Good bed. Nice finish. Dark brown color. Solid once assembled. Ships in two boxes - one smaller but long frame box about 4" square but 8' long with its parts and then one very large (two people to move) 4' by 8' by 3" thick box that contains the headboard, footboard and its assembly and decorative parts. Frame is your typical one size for every mattress size that snaps together in the center rail. Use the outer holes in the center piece when it snaps together. No tools are needed. The frame on its own is a little wobbly but that's because the headboard and footboard aren't yet attached to stabilize everything. Now, the headboard/footboard attachment. The manufacturer cheats a little in that the headboard and footboard pieces are the exact same size. The headboard height is created by adding an extension leg on the bottom of each side and then those extension legs are what actually attaches to the frame. Note the headboard itself does *not* have any attachment holes. We attached the extension legs to the frame first, then placed the headboard over the legs then pressed down *hard* on the frame post at each end at the same time to compress the frame onto the extension legs. We thought it was easier to do it this way then trying to push the extension legs up into the headboard first or trying to do the compression without the extension legs attached. When the headboard is completely pressed down on the legs, there should be nothing but the joint of the two pieces - you should no longer see any of the inside smaller parts of the extension legs as you do before compressing the headboard onto the legs. If you don't compress hard enough, the headboard itself will rock a little as it's not tight enough with the extension legs. Press down HARD. I even considered a rubber mallet on the each end but we managed to compress it down far enough without needed the it. The headboard attaches to the frame via four long bolts/washer/nut. The bolt is an allen wrench bolt (allen wrench is included in the parts box) but the nut itself is a 10mm nut (no wrench comes in the kit for that). The instructions say to just use the allen wrench to tighten but I wanted to hold the nut too while tightening it all down. The footboard itself has the mounting holes in it and uses the shorter of the bolts and the allen wrench. Just screw the footboard to the frame. Finials then screw into the four posts at each corner. The footboard also has little decorative cups that the legs sit in. Note that you can see the feet of the frame after bed is assembled so you might want a longer bed skirt or something to block seeing them if you don't care for the exposed look. Not too tough to assemble but pay attention that the headboard has no mounting holes on it and the footboard does. That's the only way to tell them apart. The instructions also don't focus on the headboard first and then the footboard. It combines the assembly of the two in each of the steps so read through the instructions a few times so you know exactly what piece goes where.
At first I was a little nervous about ordering this item in fear of it being wobbley or squeaky- quickly my fears were put to rest. It was very easy to put together and is solid as a rock even if you jump up and down on the bed. The item arrived within 5 days of being ordered and looks great.
We love our new bed. It looks great, just like the picture online. The quality is excellent . My husband put it together in about an hour. According to him, it was easy and the instructions were clear. No parts were missing either! The bed arrived promptly two days after I ordered it. Amazing! The deal-clincher was the free shipping. I can't even imagine how much a solid metal bed would normally cost to ship. And king size beds I've seen elsewhere were priced three times what this one cost. I will definitely be checking Overstock.com's online catalog on a routine basis. I was completely satisified with this order, and I know several people who have also had satisfying experiences with this site.
Bought this bed about 3.5 years ago and it is amazing! It has been moved 4 times now (and reassembled) and it is perfect. It does not squeak and the screws remain tight. We are a bit heavier and actually have been quite surprised how well the bed has held up. I think this is the best frame ever!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I love this bed. It is substantial and should last a long time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
The bed arrived very quickly with no damage and was easy to assemble. I assembled with no help in about an hour. The quality is great and the color is more black in appearance than dark rust as advertised. I am very pleased with the bed for the quality/price and would definately buy it again. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a great deal on a new bed.
I wasn't sure what to expect for this price. Bed surpassed what I could have expected. Looks great and is very sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We looked forever to find a king bed to coordinate with antique oak dressers. We didn't want to try to exactly match the wood finish. We had trouble finding a style that complimented antiques. This is absolutely perfect. The finish is very dark, with just a slight brown tint. Beautiful, simple, elegant, stylish, sturdy and an unbelievable value. Thanks again and again OverStock.
I ordered this bed for our new home & we love it....the finish on the bed is beautiful & compliments our oak furniture. The headboard did arrive damaged but Overstock sent out a replacement in a timely fashion & my husband put it together without a problem. It has a classic look, simple, not too feminine or masculine. I'm sure we will enjoy it for many years.
We love this bed. We are a young newly married couple that needed a king size bed that we could afford. For the price, this bed is great. It's very sturdy, doesn't creak or squeak, and has a classic wrought iron look that is timeless. We love this bed because it can be paired with all types of furniture. We give it two thumbs up!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a little darker than the picture shown on the website. I wouldn't call it a ''rust'' finish -- more of a charcoalish finish. It's definitely more dark gray than brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great. It's very sturdy. I thought it would look cheap (because of the low price) - but it definitely doesn't! We were very impressed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate - other than the finish.
We purchased this bed for a rental. The bed is extremely solid and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one for a bedroom in my own home. I would highly recommend this bed. Top quality and great service!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent- very solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The bed came within a weeks time and was exactly how it was pictured. The quality was excellent and didn't take my husband long to put together. It was exactly what we needed for our master bedroom to replace a brass king bed we had. I shop overstock all the time and have never been let down. I would purchase the item again if I had another room that would fit a king bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This bed arrived quickly in two boxes, took about an hour to assemble, and seems very sturdy. A great bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good, it's almost a solid black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems great, sturdy, easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
We were primarily concerned with the stability of a metal bed, and this one is sturdy! This bed is beautiful in its simplicity and blends well with different styles of furniture. The directions were a little difficult to understand- there are some very good tips available in the reviews! I would highly recommend this bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ours was black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.