These cabinets are terrific in my garage. I wish I had more room so I could but another set. Easy to put together and very handsome. They are a great buy
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
INCREDIBLE - This is a system, that my husband has wanted for a long time. I purchased it after we bought a new house, so that the garage will always be under control. My husband has an enormous amount of tools and equipment and they hold everything. I Love the "O"
The storage system set arrived in perfect condition and I am extremely happy with it. The delivery was great and the shipping was ***.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Bought for my husband for the garage.. A lot of storage. All cabinets have key locks. Good value for the money. Looked at other sites this system cost more and shipping was outrages. First purchase from Overstock. Will be purchasing again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
This was yet another major online purchase from the O that worked out splendidly. Saved $$$ compared to prices from local hardware store offering similar product (yes, these are gladiator units). My husband is happy as a clown with his new garage. Arrived within 1 week, a new record for O.
Bought two sets of these cabinets. They were well packed for shipment. Quality is good for the average homeowner. Not crazy about the workbench pressboard top but can replace with something better when it is all dinged up later. Purchased these on sale at a much better price than other cabinets...plus I did not have to assemble these except for the workbench and the casters on the cabinets. All in all seems like a good purchase but have not owned long enough to see how they will hold up.
The cabinets look great, seem pretty durable, and weren't difficult to put together. The metal is a little thinner than some competing Gladiator products (I also own their rolling 5-foot locker and a rolling workstation) and it's obvious these have a little worse build quality. For example, you don't get the magnetic latches, the smooth-rolling shelves, or the tough-as-nails feel to the hammered metal. That said, for the price, it's a good deal. BUT, I'm having some issues that make me hedge. - The cabinets arrived dinged in a few places. Curiously, this doesn't appear to be the shipping company's fault. For example, when I removed the cardboard from the large cabinet (the 6-foot storage locker), there were two dings and the paint was rubbed off along the top. It was clear that the damage was done BEFORE the items were boxed, though, because there were fingerprints as if someone had touched and rubbed the surface to see how bad the damage was (and this was inside of a very well-sealed box). - Similarly, the handles on two of the roller cabinets were pushed in, and that really couldn't have been the shipper's fault because they were well-packed and there was a steel bar protecting them. I'm not sure where the damage came from. It really isn't worth it for me to send them back, so I did my best to knock the dings out. I'm a little disappointed. On the positive side: - Good color (they look nice) - They're not too heavy, they can be moved - The adjustable legs on the locker and table are super helpful for sloped garage floors A few tips: - Buy some magnetic strips for use with the wall cabinets and the locker. They'll help the doors stay shut (as it is, you have to put a little effort into it). - I am also going to also install soft felt "feet" on the surfaces where the doors touch so that the doors close nice and softly. As-is, they don't have that soft-close feel -- it can feel a bit erratic. - I secured my 6' locker to the wall (using two stacked 2x4s that I cut and drilled into studs). It's actually pretty lightweight and it takes a little force to pull the doors open, and you don't want to risk that thing coming crashing down. There are some holes in the back you can use. - Get yourself a flexible extension for your drill... it helps a lot of situations, including having to put on about a dozen wheels/feet (and each has 4 screws and nuts) - As other reviewers have mentioned, there are separate keys for each unit. That's kind of ridiculous. I wouldn't lock these because it's just too annoying. - YOU WILL NEED A LEVEL, and I recommend also having a laser level for installing the wall cabinets. It's difficult to get them perfect without a nice flat line. You can also use chalk line, but I don't think they work as well.
Gladiator is a good name but I did not know they had a second tier product line. The six boxes arrived on a pallet, bound together - they were light.The center box was damaged and the cabinet was dented on top. Accidents happen. But the metal is very thin and loud, the drawers are stiff without ball bearings and it took WD-40 and a mallet to force the rubber trim to each drawer; you have to lock the upright doors or they swing open. "No assembly required" is not true. I tried to console myself with the low price and called the freight company (very nice) to file a claim and then called Overstock's "large items" dept x 3 with >20 minutes wait until just emailing and then waiting five days for reply. They were very polite but when finally we were emailed an RMA I knew the price did not cancel out poor quality. Now I am told the whole six-box shipment will be sent again and that means an 8 hour delivery window for something I don't want. I immediately wrote CS and asked to return all and purchase a more expensive unit. That was a week ago - no response.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheaply made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
We had our eye on this storage system for a long time. We compared prices all over the internet and this was by far the cheapest. What saved us even more, was the free shipping coupon. Other sites had similar (but slightly more) prices and then $$ to $$ more for shipping. Plus, to buy all these pieces together was much cheaper than buying them individually. This was a great deal and we are very happy with the set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly the same as the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
My husband assembled and installed these himself in just a few hours. They hold a lot and are great for our home garage organization.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality for homeowner use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Bought 3 sets of these and I could not be happier with Overstock.com, or rather o.co the rewards club. Got 10% back to spend in the store plus a 10% purchase of one set, after buying all three had enough points to almost pay for the Tool Box Fridge. First off these are all made in the USA! We ONLY buy from the U.S. for everything as we boycotted China as I think everyone should. The cabinets are made very well and are much better quality than any of the Home stores have from China by far. They look great and everything is lockable and adjustable shelves. The roller cabinets fit perfect under the work benches for a great use of space and the benches come with a very think MDF top, not lightweight, you could mount a vise on it. All in all the best part about this purchase was where I bought them, I had shipping problems where some arrived damaged, and replacements arrived damaged and wrong, all Stackon issues of quality of packing materials, which finally arrived in all new package design on the 3rd shipment but still wrong cabinet sent. I have to say I was amazed at Overstock's never ending support and followup information that came to me via phone calls and e-mails that made me feel like I was a very important customer, not just some order number. They never sent me to Stack-on to get things taken care of myself, they resolved every issue and then some. Far exceeded my expectations to the point of absolute dismay that there is still a company who care about repeat business. The cabinets were a steal at this set price and I would recommend joining the O rewards for $19, it will pay you back in spades! I LOVE OVERSTOCK.COM THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THIS THE BEST ONLINE PURCHASE I HAVE EVER HAD!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. MADE IN USA BABY! All welded and rivited and made in IL, so much better quality than any Menards Home Depot stuff
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This looks great in our garage. It holds a lot of supplies and tools. The work surface is sturdy and large. The roll out cabinets add a lot of storage and additional wook surface. I wish we could afford another one as my husband has lots and lots of tools.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color as on site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. All parts included.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
This product was an excellent buy. I really did not want to spend so much on garage cabinets but the quality was well worth it. The cabinets came assembled. High quality product I will have for a very long time. They also said up to 8 weeks for shipping but they arrived in 4 days well packaged so that the cabinets were in perfect condition. I am very pleased and would highly recommend. I am very picky and researched many cabinet systems. I am more than satisfied. The wall cabinets were easy to hang. I really do not have anything negative to say.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was exact
Outstanding quality! Couldn't be more pleased. Unbelievable amount of storage. Made my new workshop very efficient with plenty room for tools, etc. The shipping company used was terrific. The large deep shelves have plenty of room for all of my power tool and large items. One of the cabinets had a small dent in it but not worth returning for that reason.The only problem is that a few days after ordering them, the price dropped over $100.00. I could have bought more from them with that savings!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect - just as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very strong and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
This product was exactly as advertised. We found the same model (more expensive) at Lowes for approx. and they wanted us to pay for delivery. Technically this wasn't exactly the same model, but it was last year's version of this year's model. To us it was the same. Delivery was free because we spend over $100. The product arrived quickly, less than 7 days, and in excellent condition. It was easy to unpackage and install with only minor (as expected) assembly required. Good job Overstock.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Great quality.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes