Just redecorated my bedroom and this "Southport 5 light" ceiling fixture makes everything look even more gorgeous - it's romantic - gives off beautiful light (use dimmer) and it's .... gorgeous. Two additional note (color is a bit more coral than pink) and I used the chandelier style lights (lightbulbs stick out and detract from the aesthetics). For the $$ Fabulous addition - it is romantic and beautiful and lovely!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The light fixture is gorgeous, especially for the $$$ - the color "sage/rose" is alittle off. I would classify the color more of antiquey beige with alittle sage green (leaves) and the roses are more of a coral - I wound up just using my finger with a small pink paint just to give it more of the pink hue I was looking for
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional quality
I was hunting for a light fixture to a fixture that hung so low it was hard to walk under it. I wanted some pinkish and with hints of French provincial styling. When I saw the Southport sage Rose fixture it was love at first sight. I loved the pinkish tulips and sage green leaves. The lights are just an extension of the floral design . It is semi-flush mount so no one will crack their head on it. But most are so entranced by its beauty they forget why they entered that room. I checked around and Overstock offered this item at over half the cost of other vendors. Great price, more beautiful than anything I had ever seen before. WOW!
I bought this light for mine and my husband's new master bedroom. We recently purchased the Silverglade Mansion set from Ashley Furniture, and we wanted an attention-getting light in the center of the room with subtle color to compliment the new furniture. It looks AMAZING!!! Was a bit of a pain to install; after holding it to the ceiling for a few minutes to get the electrical work and screws in, it becomes HEAVY. The screws that come with the light, those used to install and hold the light to the ceiling, were too long - or the end bolts they provided were too short; the light didn't actually touch the ceiling when it was first installed, and there was nothing we did wrong - the light was installed through a piece of sheetrock and secured into a beam. Luckily, my husband has a tool he used to cut the screws down so the bolts would squeeze the light to the ceiling and eliminate the gap. Note here: be careful if you also have to cut the screws; I'm not sure what exactly my husband did, but I remember him saying something about "cleaning" the grooves of the screw after it's cut so that the bolts will actually screw on and the grooves wouldn't be damaged. Also, we bought 30-watt lightbulbs that use only 9-watts of energy, but they stuck out passed the glass bulb coverings. We haven't yet had a chance to get smaller lightbulbs, but I'm not sure how much smaller we really can get them. All in all, though, the light is absolutely beautiful! Don't hesitate to buy this one if you have someone handy to help install it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as shown in photo, except for the glass bulb coverings. Those were a bit lighter and more transparent.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Almost perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
Like any flush mount fixture, can be (and was) difficult just in terms of ensuring screws were proper length with where our electrical box was in the ceiling, etc. Not poor design, just how those things go. Looks great up though. Four stars just because it was a little pricy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? About right - hint of orange more than pure pink
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
We put this in our daughters room instead of a chandelier because our ceilings are lower. It looks so pretty and delicate! Everyone who sees it, loves it. Plus it's not very "childish" so it will be a while before we will need to change it. Definitely recommend.
I loved this lighting when I saw it on the website. After reading the reviews, I knew it would be a perfect light for the bedroom, but I needed one for the new kitchen. I decided to try it as it was so lovely, and the colors complimented my verde peacock granite countertops. It was important to me that it could provide enough light for a kitchen, and with the 5 bulbs (I am using LED's), it provides much light, and is gorgeous in the kitchen. It is clearly a focal point, and holds it's own against the lovely leaded glass cabinet fronts. I love this lamp, thank you Overstock. (Also, I had it in two days!)
the product is great and i get loads of compliments on it- everyone wants to know where i got it- and i tell them OVERSTOCK.COM. one branch is a little wobbly but installed it is fine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. little fragile
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
these was the frist celing light i ordered.I order aother one after i got thse one it was love at frist sight when i.saw it on line i thought it was the most prettiest celing light i have ever saw. iam so please and happy with it and it just looks great in the room
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality was just outstanding as far as iam concern
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the product was and the description was a perfect match