This South Beach bed has a powder-coated steel frame. It has an angular design with a textured warm charcoal finish. The frame includes a headboard, footboard and matching side rails. The headboard and footboard feature square tubing and elongated vertical rectangles as grills for a modern silhouette.
South Beach bed showcases clean lines and ultra modern styling
Furniture features powder coated steel square tubing on headboard and footboard
Full-size bed features elongated vertical rectangles which comprise the grills
Warm charcoal finish has a slight texture
Bed comes complete with matching side rails
Headboard measures 51 inches high
Footboard measures 31 inches high
Mattress, box spring, and bedding (comforter, sheets, pillows, etc.) are NOT included.
Assembly required. This product ships in two boxes.
51H x 55W x 82L
Powder Coated Steel
Beautiful, Durable, Quality, Simple, Sturdy, Stylish, Value
Thank you. Your feedback will help us create the best experience for our customers.
This bed looks great once assembled, but I hit a number of snags during the assembly:
1. The bed ships in two boxes (one for the headboard/footboard and one for the rails/slats). Each box has its own hardware bag, but I discovered later that the bags weren't specific to the contents of each box, but rather all the hardware for the entire bed was divided between the bags, which meant I ended up using some of the (longer) bolts intended for the slats in the headboard and had to swap bolts later after the headboard was already assembled.
2. One of the headboard legs was bent just enough that the extension leg wouldn't slide in. I had to reshape it with locking pliers and then use a hammer to seat the extension leg the last couple of inches. This resulted in the plastic foot breaking off, so I need to look for a replacement.
3. One of the side rails had the holes drilled in the correct location, but the other had the holes drilled on the vertical rather than horizontal side (the rail will only mount in one direction, so it was definitely a manufacturing error on their part). I had to redrill an entire line of holes.
4. The instructions (which are partially done in a difficult-to-read cursive script) show the bolts securing the slats with washers on both sides in one picture and only on the bottom in another. There are only enough washers supplied for the bottom, but I had to undo a couple where I’d used them on both sides when I realized I was running out of washers.
5. One of the support posts for the slats had poorly machined threads that would not accept a bolt. I used a Dremel to grind out the offending part and it worked fine after that.
Now that it’s completely assembled, it looks great, it seems solid and it compliments my room, but it took a few extra steps beyond the instruction manual to get there. The hardware bag supplies a small Allen wrench and a cheap mini-wrench, but I ended up needing locking pliers, a hammer, a drill with a bit large enough to accommodate the bolts and a Dremel, all of which I happened to have on hand, but not everyone considering this bed will have those tools.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality materials; poor manufacturing
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The bed is decent for the price. It seems sturdy but the headboard moves a little move than I would like but that could be because my wood floor is a little uneven. The bed frame has several extra support beams in the middle. Which makes the bed pretty sturdy. My brother put it together by himself and said it was simple and took about 45 minutes.
This bed is a great price, easy to put together, stylish and decent quality. The only issue I had with my purchase is that the bed was advertised as a plat form bed and it most certainly is not one. Without a box spring, the bed is barely off the ground, extremely uncomfortable, and looks a little odd. Luckily for me, a friend had a box spring in storage, and with a little perseverance, and some mild cursing, I some how managed to shove the box spring up the narrow stairs of my condo building and onto my new bed. So, basically, DO NOT BUY THIS BED IF YOU NEED / WANT A PLATFORM BED, but otherwise, go for it, it's a great deal and looks great!
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate. This bed could not be a platform bed. A box spring is necessary.
This is a well made, attractive bed frame. We chose this one because we needed one that was set lower and most of the bed frames are just too high. This one was the perfect height and looks great in our spare bedroom. Assembly was fairly easy - it took us about 30 minutes.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Yes, I love this bed. I brought this bed for my daughter. It was easy to assemble. I put it together in 45 minutes. Great size! Perfect for my daughters room. I would highly recommend this bed as a purchase.
I bought this for my teen daughter. I am really please with the quality. Its sturdy, solid metal and easy to assemble. I assembled the bed by myself the directions was easy to follow. Great for guest room too I'm planning on buying another.
Thank you for contacting us richard70. Unfortunately no, this is only sold as a set. The color of the bed is charcoal.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.overstockcustomercare1 on Aug 12, 2013
Hello silverbook, thank you for your interest in the South Beach Full-size Bed. This bed does not require slats and it does not come with them either. Thank you for shopping with us.
overstockcustomercare1 on May 24, 2013
Hello tosh7, Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose manufacturer information on some of our products. However, be assured that we fully stand behind the products we sell. Thank you for shopping with us.overstockcustomercare1 on Apr 22, 2013
Thank you for your question. If you have lost the hardware bag we would be happy to send you replacements at no charge.
The sizes are:
1) Headboard - requires 4- 1/4-20 2" flat head allen wrench screws, 4 - 1/4-20 Hex nuts, 4 - 5/8" OD flat metal washers.
2) Footboard - requires 4 - 1/4-20 3/4" flat head allen wrench screws, 4 - 1/4-20 Hex nuts, and 4 - 5/8" OD flat metal washers.
overstockcustomercare1 on Feb 26, 2013
If you could send the replacements that would be great! What steps should I take to get them?jizzinabed on Feb 26, 2013
We can see that you already have the issue resolved with our customer service department. We apologize for the delayed response. We are working to ensure we answer your questions in a timely manner. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.overstockcustomercare1 on Mar 14, 2013
I was wondering what the finishing of the metal actually felt like? Is it completely smooth, or is there a texture to it? And if so, how corse is the texture?sullah on Jan 6, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
I'm considering this bed with a low profile box spring: I'm guessing the footboard will be above the mattress in this case? Or would the height be fine .. My mattress with the foundation / box spring will be 15" thick.myancat on Nov 30, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
The footboard will extend roughly 9 inches above the mattress in your case. overstockcustomercare1 on Dec 3, 2012
The bed did not come with instructions. Where can I find them?tisha75 on Sep 14, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Let me try that again. Is the image posted here of the bed set a the low setting (7.5" off the floor) or the high setting (14" off the floor? If it is not the high setting, is there an image of the bed on the high setting? Thank you!crestaverde on Aug 13, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Thanks for your interest. The picture is of the bed with a mattress and box springs. Unfortunately, we do not have other images we can add to the product page.overstockcustomercare1 on Aug 14, 2012
The bed has only one setting for the side rails, and is 7.5 inches from the floor. overstockcustomercare1 on Nov 27, 2012
I don't know who is measuring for Overstock, but I bought the bed based on the 7.5" claim. However it is at least an inch shorter.silverbook on Jun 18, 2013
What is the height between the floor and the bottom of the side rail. I would like to place under the bed storage boxes and need a bed that can accommodate.tiffanyhartandco on Apr 23, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.Shop O.com®