This bed will require help getting in the door of your house. It ships in two large heavy boxes which UPS did not take very good care of. I would recommend waiting for the UPS driver and inspecting the package before it leaves the truck. Our boxes were torn up badly and the small washers and screws inside are NOT packaged in a plastic bag like you expect- they are loosely packed in a small box inside your package. We actually found all the missing washers and screws in the UPS truck before he left- very nice guy for waiting and helping with that. Luckily, there was no damage to the bed itself though the box was tattered and torn. Un-packaging took about 20 minutes and assembly took about half an hour. The bed goes together very easily. The only quality related issues come from the parts you don't ever see- the platform slats and the support legs. The slats themselves are designed as a "ladder." All slats are preattached to nylon straps forming a ladder chain that essentially makes the dozen or so slats one piece. This was a great idea I had personally never seen before. However, the wood of the slats is left in very very rough condition. The can easily cause splinters if you are not careful. The real issue though is the wear on your mattress. As this is a platform bed there is no need for a boxspring, but if you have a mattress that requires flipping then you are likely to end up sleeping on splinters after your first flip. The support legs themselves are simply plastic pegs (which are adjustable in height) that depress into countersunk holes in a few of the slats. These are perfectly suitable if you NEVER need to move your bed. I your bed moves though it is likely you will be on hands and knees reaching under the bed trying to re-position and reattach the legs. So far ours have done just fine. Overall though we are extremely happy with the bed and are actually pleasantly surprised by how sturdy it is. The bed can take some pretty vigorous "exercise" and doesn't wobble or creak one bit. The padded headboard is nice for this also ;) At the end of the day, this was money well spent. (Beware of Chingrish instruction manual though.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Other reviews claim it to be darker but we think it was pretty accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall finish is good, unseen parts are in rough, cheaply made state.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I really love the look of this bed and it was way cheaper than any other tufted bed I viewed online. Has a very luxe look to it. The bed is more of a taupe color, slightly darker than the photo. I was able to assemble it on my own without killing myself (I'm a 25/F) so that was a big plus. I have one complaint, which if you are not handy may be an issue for you. The support posts that were included with the bed were crappy plastic ones that slipped out from underneath the bed as soon as I got on (I don't weigh much either!). I have wood floors and no area rug so that's probably the reason. I had to add extra screws to the beams and also screw in some posts we cut from wood underneath the center of the platform. The bed is super sturdy now. Overall, a beautiful bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price, but needs added support
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat
I love this bed. For the price, you won't find a better deal at this level of quality. However, I had two (now resolved) issues with it. For one, the order comes in two boxes, but I was shipped duplicates. After lugging it up the stairs and realizing this I contacted overstocked and thankfully they were very accommodating and sent me the correct box immediately. Secondly, the plastic supports that go underneath the center of the wooden slats are useless. They may be enough if the bed will be for one person but since it's my bf and I, they kept slipping out and we thought the bed had broken a few times when he would crawl in. So, my bf ended up throwing them away and buying 9" wooden blocks to nail into the slats and now the bed is perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly what I thought it would be
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful
Dear Overstock. I line to feel like I'm a very good gauge. That being said, I take a lot of time accessing a product before buying online. I was so very pleased with what I took from the reviews and basing my critique on what I took from the reviews and pictures. (Don't let the whiners discourage you). This was a good purchase. The color is a Sage Tauge...but you really can tell from the picture. The fabric is velvet but the type you can spot clean if need. I put this in my Master bedroom, and its stunning and for the price! Spectacular!! My son-in-law put it together by himself with power tools in 30 min I tried it with a box spring but that was too high! Just use a mattress. It also will probably look good with dark wood casegoods. But i don't feel locked in with using a fabric color but it's still IMO versatile in a lot of different color palates.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On Point
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On point
I am in love with my new bed. I have been wanting and searching for a headboard/ bedframe for a while now but thought a stylish and comfortable one would be out of my budget. I was so excited to find this one in a feminine/ modern style with a plush headboard for sitting up and reading. It is a nice cush material and high-quality and ridiculously good deal! I shopped around a lot and this was definitely the best deal and looked a lot nicer than a lot of the other ones i saw in real life. I have an actual photo of this headboard on my blog that shows the true color a little better. http://www.**=004 is the link to the photo. One of the boxes was MISSING INSTRUCTIONS and after initial freakout I calmed down and figured it out without instructions, so the bed is easy to put together. I would say 2 out of 5 stars on how hard it is to assemble. Other reviewers mentioned the plastic support beams which do seem kind of cheapie but they stand fine on my hardwood floors with cats running around underneath.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as "neutral" as it looks in the photo. More of a darker color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description and reviews. Should offer more detailed and close-up photos of the item. The photo shown is dark and you cannot see the color/ detail of the headboard.
This is not a true platform bed. The bed has thin flexible wooden slats that support the mattress. When weight is distributed unevenly, such as sitting on the edge of the bed, the slats pop out of their holders. Also, the center beam that supports the wooden slats in the center, has no support at the head of the bed, and tends to move causing the center support legs to break off. The bed as designed would only be suited for one small child, as then as long as they never stood on the bed or jumped on it. I was able to correct this problem using plywood and wooden legs purchased separately. An additional expense and a big inconvenience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good but with a design flaw
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
After months of stalking this bed, I decided to bite the bullet. I wanted the look of an expensive upholstered but but didn't have the budget for it. It arrived in 3 boxes and they are SUPER heavy-which is a good/bad thing. Good for me thinking it wasn't cheap, but for me having to lift it. I wasn't hard to put together, just used the tools that came with. CONS: I tried to only use my mattress and not the boxspring but the slats keep falling so I am forced to use both, which still looks good - it just doesn't have that high headboard look I was going for. I looks really pretty but there is also a huge gap at the footboard where the mattress sits. Overall, I'm happy with it but don't know if I'd get this again. I don't know how much weight that this can take and don't trust it 100% . Color wise, I have tans and beiges in my house and this had more of a grey/green tinge to it, which his is still neutral but if you don't want an olive greenish tinge to it, pass this up. Hope this helps one of you who are on the fence like I was. :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker-more like a grayish khaki
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty dead on
This bed looks great but it doesn't stay up!!!! It fell apart after my second night sleeping on it. The support legs did nothing. They actually twisted under the weight (between me and my husband we weigh about 330 pounds). Once the support beams went the slates feel out of the cheap plastic locks and therefore the bed sank on one corner. The support legs can not be repaired as they actually broke off. I wish I had spent more money for a better quality bed. Not sure what we are going to do now. Attempt to rebuild the bed or just buy a new one. I am majorly disappointed with this purchase and feel like I wasted my money. Not sure If I will buy something off overstock again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality. The support beams are weak and twisted after initial use.
I was a little bit nervous about the quality of this bed after reading the other reviews, but I couldn't pass up something this beautiful for so great a price. The assembly was not difficult, it was just hard to do by myself given that the pieces are so large. The most time consuming step was to screw in like 20 screws with the included allen wrench. The first night, I did experience the problem of the slats falling out from their plastic holders in the underside of the bed. However, the next day I made sure the metal support beam was level (side to side) and that seems to have completely solved the problem. I did not have an issue with the center support legs like other people. After seeing them mentioned in the other reviews as being plastic, I was surprised to find that there are actually metal legs with plastic screw-in adjustable bases. I had no problem adjusting them to make the support beam level, which also helps with stability. I was very worried about the bed being wobbly, but it is solid as a rock! Also, you really do not need to use a box spring with this bed, because the slats are the European equivalent. It also would block off a lot of the headboard!
This bed falls apart. Do not buy this bed if you plan on having it on a hardwood floor. The cheap plastic pegs that are supposed to support the flimsy wooden frame of the bed will slip out from underneath instantly. They also break easily. The wooden boards also broke right away...this all happened within a few nights of using the bed and I'm a 120 pound single female, and my memory foam mattress is only 8 inches thick. I had a friend screw 6 two by four planks of wood onto the frame of the bed to replace the unsupportive board frame that broke...but this caused the frame to start breaking away from the bed. Right now my mattress is on the floor of my living room. I will have to buy a regular metal bedframe and box spring to attempt to use this bed for appearances purposes only.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The bed is more sage green than taupe.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This is the first time I have bought a bed on Overstock and it may be the last. I purchased this bed a couple months ago. Do not buy this bed it is complete garbage!! Aesthically it looks very nice. As other reviewers wrote the color is not Taupe but a light mossy green instead. If you look closely at the photo you will notice it. I expected this and was happy with the color. What I am not happy with is the inside of the bed. I am a small female only weighing 108lbs. I was able to unpack the boxes and put the bed together myself. The biggest problem I have is with the wooden slats inside and the plastic legs that are used for support in the center. First of all, the slats that came with my bed were not evenly cut. They were all different sizes. I had to use a hammer to get them to fit properly.This was very aggravating and extremely time consuming. There are plastic legs that are used in the center for support that are cheap and useless. I have found them to be especially challenging on hardwood floor. I weigh very little and the second I sat on the bed a plastic leg popped out. I actually believe they all broke withing the first week and this is me sleeping by myself. I gave up on them especially since they were broken. When my boyfriend came in town and we attempted "vigourous exercise", the bed just fell apart. I have been trying to find ways to fix the slats and find other ways to create a support system in the middle and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I would never buy this bed and regret doing so!! I wish I would have spent twice as much and got something of better qualtiy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is not a Taupe but as the other reviews stated it is a light mossy green which I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The outside looks very nice but the inside is garbage
I like my bed....but I wish the color was what it stated on the advertisement....TAUPE....it is grayish looking. My favorite colors are earth tones.,..and was disappointed. I decided to keep the bed, because I didn't want the hassle of returning it. Overall, I bought nice pillows and window treatment to bring out the color a bit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was not what I wanted...it is the color of gray and not taupe.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is doable, considering what I paid.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the bed was average....but it should not be advertised as taupe...because it is grayish....which is misleading.
I love this bed! The quality and price would be hard to match or beat. I followed the directions, which were very easy to understand, especially since this was my first time assembling a large piece of furniture. I would recommend this bed to anyone looking for an upholstered tufted bed, or any well priced bed. I personally love high beds so I am considering wooden risers or another box spring. I like the proportions of the headboard, so I am leaning more toward the risers so that I do not lose the height of the headboard. It's a great bed and well worth the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is darker than it appears in the picture. The color seems to have a grayish/green tint to it. I was hoping that the color would be similar to the gray in a painting and it is. It just has a little bit of green in it. If you are looking for an off-white piece, this is not it. But if a greyish taupe is what you want, this bed is closer to that.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
I purchased this bed a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. It was easy to put together by myself and the style suits our bedroom perfect. The frame is quite a lot bigger than the queen size box mattress though. I placed it in a corner and added a thick king size duvet which masks the considerable gap between frame and box.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is darker, more like tan
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
One week after setting up the bed the middle support legs broke and bent in the middle of the night causing the support slats to slip out and the mattress to fall. Called Overstock to tell them about the issue and they sent out replacement parts. Installed the legs and slats again and a few days later it happened again. I am pissed off by this time when I call Guardsman. They sent out a technician that looks at it and says I can't fix it because I don't have the right tools or materials and leaves. Several weeks go by without them sending someone else to fix it when I call and they say they are just going to refund me my money for the protection plan. I am furious now and filing a complaint with BBB as well with their company.
The bed its self is beautiful. I love it and it looks very chic and expensive- However the construction of the frame is poor. It has a small wooden base that stand on plastic legs. The legs cannot be attached to the bottom of the bed so if the bed slides, they easily fall out leaving just a weak little frame under you. I am going to have to hire my handyman to reinforce the bottom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poorly designed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I saw this Sophie Tufted bed and feel in love with the style. When It arrived I was so excited to assemble it and finally sleep in it. But to my sheer surprise the plastic support legs that run under the middle of the bed started cracking and falling out of their designated slots. I had to call my sister on numerous occasions to help lift the mattress in order to put the supports back in place. Once the parts fall out of place the mattress is no longer supported which resulted in the mattress sagging so badly that it caused me unbelievable back and neck pain. I had to call Overstock parts department twice for replacements. Still they continued to crack and fall out of place. I'm a 5"10" female weighing only 175 lbs. and there was no sexal relations made in this bed, so what does that tell you. This was the worse bed ever. I wouldn't recommend this bed to my worse enemy. Stay away and purchase something more stable you will thank me later.
I ordered my bed on a Tuesday and it was delivered that Friday. I assembled it yesterday and I am in love with this bed! The slats are pretty weak as most reviews warn, but I am the only person sleeping on my bed for now so it will have to suffice. However, I will make a trip to home depot in the near future to get some new sturdier ones made. I have already received several compliments on my bed about how nice it looks. It really does look luxurious and it fits my classic taste!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks a lot lighter on the internet, but it looks more gray.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was pretty accurate.
I chose to return the headboard to Overstock because the color was not what I expected. The color looked more like a subdued taupe/light army green. The photo shows a hint of Ivory. In fairness, the product is described as being Taupe. However, I was looking for something to brighten the room... and it did not. The headboard was well packaged. We did not assemble it, so I cannot speak to how easy or difficult it is to put together. The Overstock return process was painless, and they shared the return expenses with me. My total out-of-pocket for the return was approximately $XX.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is much more subdued than shown in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was good
I love the look of this bed and get A LOT of compliments whenever I post pictures of my decorated room... however, it should ONLY be used for sleeping, LITERALLY. That means no "little monkeys jumping on the bed" because the wooden planks will snap in half, and several times before my wooden planks finally decided to break in half after my TWO year old (who isn't more than 40 pounds) decided to jump on it, the side posts that supports the wooden planks would break off, and it could be that the nails holding them were too weak... But the bottom line is, this bed breaks very easily and unless you have the warranty (i figure) you're not able to replace the wooden planks. However, I did see that Ikea sells them separately, so i'll be going there this week.