do not buy this based on the description, it is a cheap, shiny woven fabric. not linen at all! farthest thing from. i guess this was to be expected given the price. it is a yellow-y cream color, not beige. very dissatisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more cream colored with yellow hue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks cheap, woven "fabric" not linen
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate at all.
I expected a beige linen and got a cream textile fabric? missing screws had to go to Home Depot to buy more to make headboard strudy, I would not buy this again!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was not beige more cream
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. was not as described no linen
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
OVER ALL, THE BED MAKES A STATEMENT IN A ROOM. LOOKS FANCY. BUT I STRONGLY RECOMMEND REPLACING THE SUPPORTING WOOD AT THE BOTTOM. THE WOOD IT CAME WITH WAS WEAK AND FELT UNSECURED. BUT AS SOON AS I REPLACED IT WITH STRONGER WOOD... PERFECT. I'M GLAD I MADE THAT CHOICE.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? MATCHED JUST FINE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. THE BED LOOKED VERY NICE BUT THE SUPPORT IS NOT THE BEST. SO JUST REPLACE THE SUPPORT WOOD, AND YOU HAVE YOURSELF A GREAT FUNCTIONAL BED.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? WELL, BASED ON THE DESCRIPTION I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A SOLID LINEN. ITS NOT. IT HAS A DELICATE MESH LOOKING FABRIC OVER IT
Horrible experience putting it together, garbage. Slates are a nightmare. Three hours of cursing
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No comparison. Yellowish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Horrible cheap and shady.
The only negative I believe is that the fabric should not be listed as a linen, it is much too coarse to be considered linen. Fast delivery and set up was relatively easy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is just like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the fabric is not what I consider linen, but I knew that after reading other reviews
This bed is not linen. It is a synthetic woven.. almost wicker looking fabric. It would be good for a guest room on the beach. It reminds me of that... a beachy setting. It looked ok from far away, but when I got up close, there was no way I could keep it. I was looking for an inexpensive bed that was linen. But this bed was far from it. I would only recommend this bed if you are looking for a cheap decoration in a guest room or something. It's very very bulky, and my doorman had a heck of a time getting it upstairs to my loft. HOWEVER! The customer service from Overstock was GREAT. They returned the bed immediately and gave me store credit for the return fee, as the bed was not as expected. UPS came to my loft to pick up the bed. I didn't even open the second package, so I just taped up the first one, and it was out. I should of read the other reviews before I bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more yellow in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
I purchased this bed in November 2012. Now it is falling apart- literally. It has slats on the bottom and they do not stay in the little plastic holders that are attached to the side rails and the mattress falls in! It is a horrible feeling to be afraid to sleep on it with the mattress falling in in the middle of the night! There is no WARRANTY on this bed and overstock offers 30 day returns, which is long past due. Now I am stuck with this poor quality bed...Very disappointed. Do not waste your money on this bed..
Let me put it this way: You do not want this piece of furniture in your home, NOT EVEN FOR FREE. There plenty of other great beds on overstock you can choose from. DO NOT BUY THIS ONE. I should have read the feedbacks before i purchased this piece of junk (excuse my French). My guess is Overstock's fist shipments of this piece where nice (ie the good initial wave of good reviews) then they started selling a cheap version of this bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? completely different color and tecture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Cheaply made. I am very surprised Overerctock even crries tis piece of junk
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completety different product.
From the picture, the fabric looks soft and smooth. The actual product is rough, yellowish/cream, and is a woven material that is not at all what is pictured.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very different--yellowish cream
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric is not good quality, missing parts
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurrate
You get what you pay for. It's not linen...more like a shiny burlap sack material. Not even close to being linen. And it's creamy white....not beige. It's pretty cheap looking up close. If you're looking for a spare bed for your guest room, one that you don't have to look at every day and be bummed that you bought it online and knowing how much of a pain in the ass it would be to disassemble and ship back....etc etc. blargh.
I was SO excited to get this gorgeous bed at such a reasonable price. Unfortunately, I was awoken in the middle of the night -- about a week ago-- when my side of the bed completely collapsed beneath me. Although it gave us a really (really) good laugh, it was a shame that this fairly new (about 1 year old) bed was already broken. The wood beneath me collapsed. I weigh about 140 pounds.... I don't think that's huge for an adult. My boyfriend weighs 200 pounds and his side didn't break... so this was obviously a function of it being poorly constructed and/or the use of poor quality materials. I wanted to give this 2 stars because of how pretty this bed is... but broken after 1 year? I just couldn't.
I was afraid to buy this bed based on the reviews I read, but I took a leap of faith that hopefully it was just a matter of personal opinions and that I would fall in love. Others described the bed linen to be shiny, hard and that instead of a biege color it was yellow.. also that the slates for the bed were cheap and would fall apart... When the bed arrived (fast shipping by the way!) my husband started to assemble it and the first thing I wanted to feel was the headboard fabric and see if the color was actually biege. Indeed it was biege and the fabric isn't exactly soft, but my husband made a great point that it wasn't like we were going to rub our faces against the headboard. In fact, the linen texture is exactly as seen in the pictures and gives it a great modern look if that's what you were going for! Assembly was easy and the slates looked "cheap" but let me tell you the things they give you to secure the slates to the bed you wouldn't even notice once you put your mattress on! It's study and we couldn't be happier with our purchase.
I purchased this bed after reading the other reviews. I knew that the bed was not white, I knew that the bed slats were not well built and I knew that the fabric was not linen. I bought it because none of these were deal breaks for me. The bed arrived in 2 boxes. My father and boyfriend were able to put it together in 45 mins to an hour by following the instructions in the box. Right away, I knew the reviews I had read were correct, the bed was not white and it definitely was not linen. The fabric is a very thick, coarse fabric, similar to gauze and it is a cream color. The bed slats are literally small peices of flimsy wood strung together with a thick black cord. I slept on it for about a week that way and then decided to get a bunky board (a wooden board about 2 inches thick that is covered in fabric) to protect my mattress from getting weird ridges from the bed slats. I did this to protect my mattress, the bed was fine with the bed slats it came with. I'm very petite, I would have been worried if I were a heavier person or if I lived with someone who shared a bed with me, then the bed slats might not have provided enough support. Either way, I am very happy with my purchase. White linen would have looked better, but this is fine, and thanks to the other reviews, I knew what I was getting. I recommend this bed frame, but keep in mind that its not white and its not linen. And that you might need to invest in better mattress support, the bunky board I bought at mattress firm was only $75.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was very, very different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not linen, more like bandage gauze
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? product description was accurate for dimension - not anything else
i have to say i'm pretty disappointed in this bed. The construction is worse than IKEA. The size is oddly too big. I don't foresee this holding up very long but I guess I'll have to live with it for awhile since sending 100+lbs back is not that easy. Overall its not horrendous looking, but I just want to warn people that its definitely worth it to spend a little more and get a better quality product. The color is most certainly off white. If you have the extra room for a bigger bed and you really cant afford something better, then its not a horrible option. Its also very wobbly and I'm sure some people (and neighbors) might have a problem with that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY cheaply made, not sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not that great
I actually really like this bed, save for a few inconsistencies. As noted previously, the color is vastly different than what I was expecting. In the same order, I ordered another chair from Overstock in "beige linen" to match this bed in "beige linen"-- and they were very (but fortunately complementary) different colors and fabrics. However, the inconsistency didn't bother me enough to return the items (the neutrals all work together). Just know that when you order this bed, it is a cream/off-white color, and the fabric looks nothing like linen but is rather a heavyweight, woven upholstery material (like something you'd see on a sofa). I was disappointed to see a cheap black fabric on the back of the headboard, which means the headboard will always have to rest against a wall. Explains the reasonable price, I suppose. Also the slats show around the edges of the mattress- you'll want to cover those up. Overall, it's a decent bed for the price, the shipping price can't be beat, it arrived in good condition and was easy to put together-- and it looks pretty good in my bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is listed/shown as "beige linen." It is neither beige nor linen; it's a cream, heavy woven upholstery fabric.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fair. You can see the slats unless you cover up the sides of the bed with the duvet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate, although again the color I expected and actual color when it arrived were very different.
The design is flawed so the bed falls apart with minimal movement. You can't see from the pictures but the middle beam that supports the mattress is not attached to the headboard or has any cross beam to keep it in place. When you move, the middle beam moves, and the legs supporting it buckle or turn sideways- and you end up on the floor with all the slats that support the mattress falling out. please, please don't buy this bed- worse purchase I ever made online. the headboard does look pretty though, only redeeming quality (but if you can't use the bed doesn't matter how it looks...)
The bed is actually quite comfortable, though the color is more cream than beige. It's easy to assemble. Problem is, the slats were very dry so some of them were splitting. On the first day, my husband sat at the end of the bed, and 3 of the slats came off. We put them back on and the same thing happened a couple of times more. I since reinforced these slats by wrapping them with duct tape and so far (a week since) they've been holding up.
Please don't buy this bed. Mine broke in the first week, so I have my boxspring on the floor inside of the rails. It is not made of a linen material. I've purchased several things on Overstock and have always been happy but this was a huge disappointment and I'm really bummed.