A lot to say.. We ordered 6 and four of them where dark yellow and two where light brown. However, two of the packages (4 chairs) were damaged but Overstock took care of everything, like always, they are amazing! We liked the quality & design of the chairs so much that we ended up keeping the two that weren't damaged and use them for our breakfast table. They are very well made, solid and beautiful.
The overall quality of the materials and design are great (wood frame and leather seat), but the screws that assemble the seat to the frame fall out frequently - we have had to put them back in a couple of times on each chair. We have owned them about a year and they have held up well (we have a 3 year old so frequent wipe-downs of the leather seat is necessary, and shows no sign of wear so far). The wood frame is good quality and the stain is very pretty. Good value for the design and quality and compliments our other mid-century modern pieces in our home. Would buy again and would recommend this purchase.
I bought 4 of these chairs to use with my antique round dining table in the small space designated for dining in my 1950s ranch home. The black vinyl seat cushions were somewhat thin so I had them reupholstered (and some extra padding added) and they now are very comfortable and look great with the decor in my shared living space. The screws holding the cushions in place continue to fall out (could be from extra padding) so I have left them out. The cushions aren't going anywhere when seated. I only wish the chairs were mid-century quality. But, for the initial price and added investment, overall look good and I don't cringe when my young grandsons put sticky fingers on them. I am consistently pleased with my o.co purchases.
First, I cut myself when pulling them from box on one of the MANY splinters of wood hanging from the bottom. There are places where the supports are underneath where the screw don't come close to meeting the leg, you can see 1/2 inch or so of the screw. Don't think this bodes well for durability. Last, there are screw to screw the seats to the frame, but no holes in the seats. Not sure what to do there. Nothing about these chairs was what I expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap-o
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Look completely different in person
These chairs are wonderful! But when I received the package, there was a small hole on the side of the box with the end of the back piece of the chair poking through the box. The back of one of the chairs had some paint scuffed off. It wasn't worth sending the entire package (35 lbs!) back so I think I'm going to use some varnish to fix the damage. Other than that, the chairs are great! Just wish the back of the chairs were wrapped a little more securely because it does get jostled in the box during shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The wood is a bit lighter in person than in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
Not bad for price. Areas where stain had rubbed off, but not enough to warrant return. Seat bottoms are wood screwed into frame. Stain is more yellow than appears on-line; would describe as more of a teak color as opposed to walnut
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more yellow
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. About what I expected. Areas where the stain had rubbed off.
These are beautiful chairs and a great buy. My husband put them together and said they weren't the easiest to assemble but I'm glad I bought them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Wood coloring slightly lighter than what I thought based on the picture.
We are so pleased with these chairs. We were looking for chairs with mid-century modern design, and since we have some Adrian Pearsall originals, we needed whatever we purchased to be of good quality and be able to blend nicely with these classics. The Sonore chairs absolutely do the job! They are sturdy and comfortable. We've gotten nothing but compliments on them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These chairs are sturdy and easy to assemble. I would have liked a better quality seat cover material, but given we have 4 grandchildren under the age of 4, the fake leather will wipe up easily and can easily be replaced when the kids are more civilized.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I want to like these chairs but they are very uncomfortable as the seat is too high up and my feet dangle. I am 5'4" so maybe not a problem for most people but I am getting rid of them ASAP. Cute style.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? identical
I am so glad I bought these chairs. Not only do the look great but are comfortable too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I did not expect these chairs to be such great quality, solid and sturdy. The price was really affordable and the quality does not match the price. Every single piece arrived in perfect state and the chairs are really comfortable near looking so beautiful and natural. Elegant, cozy and comfortable, all that a great chair should be.
I ordered three sets of dining chairs and they are amazing. Solid, massive, natural and really really comfortable. The frame is really massive and the whole construction and design was made to give comfort. All chairs arrived short after ordering and in great shape. Love you guys.
These chairs are really solid and massive just as described, but they are extremely cozy and comfortable. I love that it is made of natural wood and it has the natural color, as it is really needed for me to have all fresh and simple pieces. I love shopping here as I always find what I need on the best price.
These dining chairs have a really natural look so I ordered four of them into our small dining area. I love the most the great color of the wood and the simple material combination, which results in sturdy, solid and comfortable chairs. The price was really down to earth, and I know I would not get such quality on this price elsewhere. Overstock rules.
I got bored of all the full and large and tall backrest dining chairs and decided to change them into something lighter and more natural. When I saw these chairs I knew these will be the perfect ones. They are really solid and massive, but light and airy in look. Near all this they are really comfortable and natural. Good look, price and quality trio.
These chairs are really natural and unique with this design and construction. the seating and backrest is really comfortable and the whole frame is solid and durable. The classic and natural design dining room in our weekend house looks just great with these chairs and the price of the four pieces was more than fair. Thank you.
I am so happy I have these chairs as they are so beautiful and natural in look. The wood has an amazing color and touch, providing a stable and solid frame to the chairs. It was purchased into our weekend house around the large oak table and looks as expected: close to nature and simple.
I have never seen a piece of furniture that could combine in such a great way natural beauty and retro feeling. These chairs look just as I imagined and I would not get better ones even if I designed them. All the six hairs are massive, solid and durable while being great looking and comfortable. The price is shocking but not because of being that expensive. Great deal made.