I'm sorry I didn't read the other reviews first. I don't think I would have purchased this. Though this piece looks good, the quality is poor. Construction is rickety. Even though I used four "L" brackets on the main shelf so it can support a small TV, the piece still bends when I try to move it. The doors pop open and I'm afraid the whole thing's going to snap. I've been moving it because the room it's in was redecorated; hopefully it's in a permanent spot now. Also, the drawers could be much longer than they are, they only go about 2/3 of the way to the back of the armoire. Looks are deceiving, you'd think they go all the way to the back, but they don't. Instructions were very confusing, I had to email the manufacturer several times. They were helpful but even they had a hard time figuring out the instructions.
I purchased this for my daughter's room which does not have a closet. The drawers have come off their tracks many times. The Armoire itself is a beautiful piece however I feel that it is very delicate when we have to move it (not too sturdy). For the price, it is what I expected. It has served the purpose for a quick fix to my problem, though.
bought for 16yr old boy. Works fine for him. Not a whole lot of space but he also has three draws with day bed so the added two and closet space worked out fine. Took a bit to put together but we managed. Not good for a teen girl with lots of clothes. Good price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Not strong for hard use. will hold what little you need to store in it. I don't think it can hold much in it due to the strength of it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The co;or is fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality isn't what I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This is description was accurate.
Unit is fair, materials are of ok quality, but not paying for real wood either. The drawers work smoothly. Was missing clothing rod, but recieved it w/i 15 days of contacting the mfg.co. This unit is rather bulky to slide across carpeting and the pin slider feet broke off when trying to do so. Luckily they are on the bottom and no one can see them.
I assembled this Armoire all by myself. I was surprised to find that the pieces weren't labled as I have put some other closets together where they were labeled A, B, C etc. After a few bumbles I assembled the whole closet and it is beautiful.
The 2 packages it came in were damaged, but the contents were perfect, and complete. Assembly was a cinch. A useful tip: Empty all contents from boxes and sort them in groups. Seperate all of the hardware and organize it, for easy selection during assembly. A cordless drill made assembly a snap. I assembled the whole thing myself but time and difficulty can be cut if you have a helper. Once assembled it was exactly as described in description. It took me about an hour and a half to assemble, but a helper could probably cut that time down. I strongly recommend this for anyone that needs an extra closet, and storage space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very good quality for the price point of the product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
After I read several of the reviews I had an idea as to what to expect, my husband was very disappointed in the size, he thought it was going to be larger, but I knew it wasn't going to be the exact one I was looking for, but would work for where we needed it right now. The price was okay, it is more for a child's room then an adults, but again we'll work with it, we are not hanging anything, just using it for storing jeans and t shirts.The only issue that we ran across was the instructions, not really well written, but we got it together after a while.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the money
Instructions are fairly clear. Front and back of some items are not clear and I had to back-track to get a couple sides installed correctly. The wardrobe will not accommodate a hanging item and the adjustable shelf. You have to choose to use the shelf or the hanging rod. We purchased two of these, and I'm happy with the outcome. Good value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered black. They are black.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We purchased this to go with a new bedroom set for my teenage son. We needed more hanging space for my son as well. We accomplished that, as there was sufficient space to hang several shirts. However, this armoire was very cheap . . . . The wood not good quality. The instructions to put this together were also very poor. My husband had to put together this and all the other furniture that came with his bedroom set (platform bed, chest of drawers, etc) and by far this was the most complicated. Also, the drawers that go below the hanging space are almost not functional. The sliding mechanism to open and close is not good. The drawers feel off track. I had to put items in those drawers that I wont normally need access to. I love the new bedroom set we got for my son and if they had a matching armoire would have got that as well. This was not a good purchase.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Poor
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
not a bad price and very easy to put together, just a couple of holes drill wrong in the drawer back piece. assembly took about 2 hrs.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? it match my computer desk
- How is the quality of the product? only two holes drill wrong in back of drawer
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes