This is a beautifully made piece of furniture. Sturdy, heavy and yet contemporary looking. As always, Overstock's customer services is dependable, the item was shipped quickly and UPS delivered in one piece with no scratches. The assembly took a while, my husband did it, so it appears to be easy. He followed instructions step by step. The finish is rich and true espresso. The only part I don't really like is the hardware on the furniture, a little crowded in terms of style, but hey, with all things combined (coupons, OClub reward), we paid much less than we would have if we buy from ********. Yes, last time I checked, the same brand and model is sold at XX. Overall, a very satisfying purchase.
We love this entertainment center. It is just a pretty as it is in the photo. It was easy to assemble with two people. The directions were straight-forward and the guide book was written to ensure success. The color is lovely and the low profile is perfect for displaying photos without interfering with our flat-screen above.
I am happy to report that I received my purchase in less than a week. I also assembled this product in an hour with no difficulties whatsoever. The color and the style are exactly what I anticipated from the photos on the site. I could not be more pleased with any on line purchase. WOW.
I received the 103# box via UPS on Wednesday evening and started unpacking it comparing it to the parts list in the instructions. All the parts were labeled correctly and matched the instructions. I thought it might take me a couple of evenings to assemble, so I started Thursday night and because all of the parts, wood, shelves, panels, etc are all so well engineered and the instructions are so clear and easy to understand, I was finished in 2 1/2 hours. The center is very elegant and rich looking. The entire experience, purchase, shipping and assembly rates and A++ from me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dark, Rich, Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. While kits don't usually get high marks from me this one is certainly the exception. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product description is very accurate.
This entertainment center looks as pictured and was easy to put together (provided you have 2 people -it is large and heavy). Just 2 complaints in the manufacturing: Almost all of the holes you'll need are pre-drilled, EXCEPT the ones where the door hinges attach. Anyone who's hung a door can tell you that lining up the door, the wall and the hinge isn't easy. So, with this, you have 2 window-panel doors to line up, and no pre-drilled holes. You have to just wing it and hope they line up evenly. (Mine did, via some effort but mostly just luck). Also, the middle open shelf was not wide enough - by a hair - for my cable box. It fits in the cabinets, though. I did measure the depth of the cable box but admittedly,not the width. I assumed it would fit since it is an entertainment center, after all. The width of this shelf on mine is 16 and 7/8 inches. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but just measure, measure, measure!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfectly fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Overall I am satisfied with the end result. It looks great and fit exactly as measured. The only thing that was a pain is that it came delivered in a million pieces with letters on them that I had to put together. Now that it's done it looks great and I would recommend it if you don't mind the work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is just as it is pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It looks great once it is set up, but it came in a million pieces which was a little bit of a pain to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
I purchased this item because of the design, the color AND THE SIZE. I have a 59 1/2 inch square cut out in my family room. I purchased a 65 inch Samsung TV which was 58 1/2 inches wide and 36 inches high. My ideal stand would need to be between 20 and 22 inches high and no more than 59 inches wide. This stand was actually more like 60 inches wide (including the legs). After spending 3.5 hours putting it together, I attempted to put it in place only to disciver that it would not fit. I ended up sanding the back legs down 1/2 inch on each side before I could put it in place.. Suggest you ensure accurate measurements are included with the photos..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched exactly. Height and depth were as stated .
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? NOT VERY ACCURATE....WAS MORE THAN 59INCHES WIDE.