I bought this table for my parents for a Christmas gift, and they are extremely happy. I am really pleased as well. The table is beautiful, and just what I was looking for. I took a chance, because I couldn't really tell from the picture what the table top looked like, and there were no reviews to go by. I just went by the description and my impression. The size was expandable to larger than most, with a leaf. I was not disappointed. My Mom is just ecstatic about the new table. It is heavy wood, medium walnut in general but variable with many light to dark tones, and nicely polished but not highly glossed or relective. It is rectangular with slightly curved ends. giving it a softer shape. The top is smoothly pieced with about a 4 inch edge all the way around to highlight the grains. The table leaf also has a very pretty grain pattern, and fits sturdily between the ends by turning a couple clasp on the underside of the table. The leaf needs to be stored flat, under a bed or couch, so it doesn't warp. It fits 6 easily without the leaf, and 8 easily with the leaf. This IS NOT a rickety table, but solid and well-made. I bought some different chairs from overstock.com to go with the table, but not the ones that were part of the set. The chairs were described as hardwood and cherry finish, and they go beautifully. The table is of such variable tones, from light to dark, that I think about any tone of wood would match it. I just think it was all a great value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate to the picture and the description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very well-made, heavy wood table. It is very classy-looking. The picture does not do it justice, as you cannot see how nice the top looks. This is a table that will last for years to come.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate, but it is hard to understand how great the table is because you can't see the top or a close-up in the picture.
This table is really nice & big which is what I needed. It is a beautiful medium brown color. It was easy to put together by myself, but I did need help in turning it over because it is very heavy. This is a good thing for quality, though. With the leaves, I will have plenty of seating room for holidays!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This table is beautiful and I think a good value. I agree with the other reviewer that they should include a picture of the top of the table because it is so nice. I like the size - it can fit two chairs on either end, and the shape - elegantly rounded. It looks like it will hold up to my kids' abuse (so far the crayon has come out nicely). The leaf came damaged and Overstock was very eager to rectify the situation. Unfortunately each leaf is custom made so they could not just send a replacement leaf. My only concern is that the damaged part of the leaf looked like particle board, but I have not yet submitted a photo to Overstock - who, by the way, is interested in getting to the bottom of that issue. That aside, the table itself very heavy, which I would think would imply solid wood as it states (but I'm not an expert.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
The table looked great in the picture but, upon arrival, the table had a huge scratch on the surface so I refused delivery and contacted Overstock. They immediately sent a new one but, to my disappointment, the table was again damaged. It looked as if the boxed was dropped and run over. There was a big gaping hole through the table (approx 6"x8") as if in was kicked in. I thought the table was solid wood but it was press board. I contacted Overstock again and instead of them picking it up for a return, they just refunded my money and told me do dispose of it, or donate it. Well I certainly couldn't donate it with a big hold in it so I has to lug it to the curb to be picked up on trash day. What a huge disappointment. I don't think I would buy large furniture from Overstock again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Top of this table has beautiful book matching pattern. Unfortunately, ours was defective. The beautiful table top was spoiled by black spots all over. Also, one of the screw-hole in one of the leg was not aligned, therefore could not be attached properly. Also, this table is extremely heavy so be mindful of that. Customer service was great in processing the refund.