This is a lovely UNGLAZED porcelain tile. The price was so good I was quite skeptical when I placed my order, but the tile couldn't have worked out better, it has been installed (bathroom floor) for over 6 months at this point. It is perfect for a vintage bathroom restoration in an older house, the off white color is a lovely counterpoint to the slightly off white color of my pre-war Crane console sink. The color is exactly the bone color as pictured on the website - before ordering it is important to note that this is not a "pure" ("bleached") white (if that is what you are seeking). Another commenter complained about the thickness of this tile.... I think that person is not very familiar with porcelain mosaic tile, which is generally thinner than the larger dinension floor tile? I have looked at samples of custom tile from XXXXXXX, and several other major tile distibutors, and their mosaic floor tile is thinner than this product. The thickness is not an issue. Due to the small size of the small black tiles, installation is a bit more time consuming than one might expect, ensuring that each tiny tile is set into the mortar in a straight/rectangle grid, with an even spacing for grout lines between sheets of tile will take a bit longer than for an average (larger tile) install - but the reward for a tidy install is huge in the impact this pattern will have on the floor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
The tiles arrived quickly only two minor cracks .the quality its good and you can't beat the price, believe me i looked everywhere. Unfortunately i had too return them.the color that appeared on my pc looked more gray then tan.i thought i would take a chance even though othersthough did comment on the color looking darker then it apears.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was not white at all more like tan or a dark bisque
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality the
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? should be described as tan tile
The tile is beautiful. My only fault with it is that is is unglazed. I wasn't sure if I would like that and I found that I don't prefer it. So, if you haven't used or seen unglazed tile, check some out in person before buying online, but the quality and color of this tile are still beautiful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
First of all, in all fairness, the tile itself is beautiful. It has a really nice matte surface and I do love the tile. But.....my box of 10 tiles arrived looking like it had been through a battle zone...every corner was smashed in, the box itself was taped on every conceivable surface. While all the tiles were in good shape, two were missing. It was quite obvious to anyone the box was returned, so someone should have looked inside and counted all the pieces, BEFORE RESHIPPING ! My second complaint is that the color was almost a khaki color. Not off white, not bone, not tan, but a khaki pants color. The ad does not actually say what color it is, but the photo looks to be a light tan or darker off white...what I got is way too dark to use. I took a picture with a white rug next to it to show just how dark they are, but apprently they don't let you DL customer photos here. Not to mention 20% of my tiles are missing. Lucky for me I only ordered it for a sample before ordering a large quantity, unfortunately for me I am out $$% ! Bottom line, bad color representation and poor quality from the vendor
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not even close, the actual color is almost a dark tan....
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality itself of tiles were good, however 2 out of 10 were missing!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the color was way off
I love these tiles. I was skeptical about ordering tile online but these were exactly what I thought I wanted. I didn't want classic basket weave, or a shiny tile. Beautiful quality and no damages in shipping. Definitely recommend these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This tile is really beautiful. However, be sure that you want a matte finish, because this is really dull. It is pretty, but you just can't get that sparkly clean effect, especially since the "white" portion is really a very dark "biscuit" color. Also, use a little darker grout so it stays clean. I did not install the tile myself, but my contractor said it was kind of hard to work with because of all the cuts. Order a little extra to make up for the mistakes. Looks perfect in a rehab bathroom in an older house with off white fixtures.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The light color is darker than it appears
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks plenty sturdy for a floor. There were no broken pieces
I bought this to use in my basement shower. I thought it was taupe and chocolate honed. Ot was taupe and black instead. It is really thin and I would only use it for the wall and not the floor. I sent it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.