I absolutely love these tiles. The look is very classy. Contractors said they were challenging to install, so would recommend this only if you have experienced contractors installing the tiles for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pictures are pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very happy with the quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description says the colors are White and Black, but the colors of the actual product are more off-white and dark gray - very much like the pictures.
Gave me the vintage look I was going for. However, if you want a true white tile this is a beige color. I purchased the unglazed product and used black grout. The grout stains the beige tile and is hard to remove the stain. I cleaned with acid and Mr. Clean eraser. All in all I am happy with the product and end result.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not white, but black and beige.
I purchased these tiles for a bathroom remodel. They look great, and went down easily. The spacing between tiles on the screen was perfect, and they seem well made. They are also very skid-resistant, being that they are unglazed, which is great for wet areas like a bathroom. We used white grout between the tiles (after considering black) and it looks great. I only have two comments to make for those that are considering these for purchase: 1) The product title says "White/Black", which I suppose is accurate because there are shades of white and black, but these are more like charcoal / off-white or ivory. They look great, just don't think it's a pure-white / pure-black coloring. The picture provided is very accurate. 2) Some of the tiles pop off the backing (not many, but some, and usually the ones on the edge of the sheet), so make sure you're ready to deal with that. Other than that, I would most certainly purchase these again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The tile seems well-made, but some of the tiles come off the backing a little too easily.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
While I like the overall look of these tiles I used in the remodel of my Victorian bathroom, the fact that they are unglazed presented an unexpected problem. Due to the fact that they are porous, they absorb dirt very easily and are hard to clean. Would not use unglazed tile again in an area that gets so much traffic as a bathroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product is actually an eggshell white
I am remodeling the bathroom in my 1920's apartment. This tile was exactly what I was looking for, and got it for 1/3 of the price of anywhere else. It is perfectly authentic. I have loved overstock for years, and this purchase just added to this Love. Through the purchases I have made through overstock I am creating a luxury bath for a fraction of the cost.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly what i thought
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. incredible quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This tile arrived early and in good condition. I ordered in two shipments and the color is consistent. Easy to install. The colors, and mentioned by others, are a natural beige and dark charcoal. Perfect for me, but not quite as described.
Received the tile all in good condition and only a few days after ordering (UPS guy needed help getting all 3 boxes up to my 4th floor walk-up- the boxes are 18 lbs each!). They say on the box that they are ceramic, not porcelain as stated in the product description, but still seem very high quality and sturdy (we tried to cut one in half with a tile nipper and couldn't manage it!). They are unglazed as stated, and I plan to seal them when I seal the grout- applying the penetrating product with a t-shirt over the whole floor. The color is sort-of a cool bone color with a dark charcoal, which I am excited about, as it will add a little interest to my B&W bathroom and keep everything from being too matchy-matchy. I think they will look really classic and timeless and seem like they will hold up well.
After installing the first 4 sheets of tile we noticed a color variance between the 6 boxes that we received. Several chipped ends and several sheets that had the black tile in the wrong location. Buyer beware, only issue was installation took longer than should have.
Haven't installed this yet but it looks like it was described. Off white and black mat finish. The mat finish makes the black look like its a dark grey but once it is sealed it will probably be darker. Shipment was quick and no problems with delivery.
I would definitely recommend this tile. It looks beautiful in our bath. It was shipped the day after we ordered it and arrived within 3-4 days. The only thing to be aware of is, the white is not as bright a white as it looks online, but we love the vintage look.
These tiles are very nice for the price. It was originally almost sold out but was restocked rather quickly. It is now almost sold out again, so it must be a popular tile. The mosaic tiles with the mesh backing makes installation very easy. You dont need a tile saw for fitting in odd spots. The only problem was they were addressed to the wrong location and took longer to get delivered. Other than the problem with the delivery these are very nice tiles for the bathroom.