Beautiful tile - used it in an alcove in my bathroom from the floor to the ceiling and covered an arched ceiling over the tub. Very dramatic and beautiful - contrasts well with the white field tiles I used on the rest of the walls. I used a creamy grout called Sauterne that really makes the blue pop out. I have received many, many compliments on the beauty of the tile. A friend of mine plans to use them in her bathroom as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as dark as pictured, but a nice blend of turquoise and aqua blue. The centers of the tiles are the lightest and become more turquoise as it radiates toward the edge. The edge of the tile is a soft, taupe color. NO powder blue!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. No broken tiles. All were firmly attached to the mesh sheets.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on!
I used this tile for the backsplash in my kitchen. We have a beach house that is unconventional in its builidng standards, so nothing is smooth or square. Due to the fact this product consist of small tiles it was much more forgiving. I used a smoke colored grout the when dry and sealed is a light grey but if I use it again I would use a custom color grout to match as close as possible the the small ring of grey/beige on the outside of each tile. LOVE IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product seems more subtle in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
We're renovating the kids' bathroom and removed some very generic white tile from the bathroom floor. I was looking for something that would make it more fun and have a sense of style. This tile is really pretty and different. As others have said, it's not as dark as the photo appears, but it still very pretty. The walls of my bath are turquoise and this floor is lighter, but still coordinates very nicely with the walls. Our tile guy used a beige/grey grout and it looks really good. The outside of each tile is kind of a greyish/beige and it coordinates very nicely. I'm very happy with the tile and the kids are too. It arrived within days of ordering it as well.
Beautiful tile for sink and stove area. I have received many compliments and really like my choice. I feared it may appear too busy, but that is not the Case. A dark grout really made the colors pop. The tiles were lighter than I had hoped for based on the photo, but for the price and quality, I made a small compromise.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is lighter, more powder blue and med blues. No greens or dark blues.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great. A few were covered in a bit of adhesive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I am very happy about how this looks now that it is installed BUT as others have said, it doesn't look like the pictures. There isn't as much variation in the tiles and overall I would say the installed floor is a light blue and not the dramatic varigated blue/green I was expecting. It might be the way it was installed, but I don't have the distinct golden circle around each little "button" of tile that you see in the pictures or on the sheet of tiles in the box. All that said, now that it is in I love it and it looks great and unique. There was no need for that extra bit that contractors add on to the actual floor measurements since all pieces sort of interlock. I had a full box leftover and Overstock was great about accepting my return. It could not have been any easier. They even paid for the return postage without deducting it from my refund which was a nice surprise.
It looks even better in person, very rich looking.... I went everywhere and looked at penny rounds hands down this was he BEST DEAL, I used it in kitchen back splash, I am buying more because we made a change in design, and the left overs I will use to cover a table top!
Love these tiles in our shower. The pictures are an accurate representation - watery shades of blue and turquoise with a warm grey border. Keep in mind that the grout you choose will affect the overall look. We went with a white grout to keep things bright and to coordinate with the white subway tile that's also in the shower. With the light grout, each tile really pops. If you used a darker grout, I imagine you could achieve a more muted effect.
I love his tile. My contractor did not like installing, but I think it was his first "button" install. there is grout between every tile, a lot of it. I also had to figure out how to finish it off: we decided a small stainless strip which works with the appliances. Dont be afraid to go old school, we used it on a backsplash. I would use again and again!