This is not a review, but a comment about the first review. Before grouting unglazed porcelain, it should be sealed to prevent exactly the type of problem described. This is very important and buyers obtaining unglazed porcelain should be cautioned to seal before grouting to avoid staining the tile.
Had to return it as the color was so far off from how it was depicted. The "natural" or "white" was putty/gray, much too dark. I ended up purchasing in glazed glossy white from another source. I would have bought it here but it cost less from the other etailer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The photo makes it appear lighter than the actual product is.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed like good quality but I couldn't use it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color description was incorrect. It is not just "natural" - much darker than expected.
Although I have bought other products from this Overstock.com, with lots of satisfaction. When it come to this product, they dropped the the ball. It is of poor quality. It gets stained very easy, because it does not have a finish to it. I mean, step on it with sandles and the sandles will become printed on it. I would Not buy this product again. or recommended to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just OK.
Although it is not installed yet , I know that it is perfect for the remodel i am doing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it seems a little more grey than photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was very accurate
The tile is very thin but I think it had overall good quality control- consistent color, good glue to mesh that kept the strait pattern lines (not wavy) and had no missing or cracked tile when received. It definitely speaks "classic vintage" when you see it in person. I mixed this with black hex for my upstairs bathroom flooring.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? creamy white
We installed these tiles in the bath with a very old tub. They have a great vintage look and feel. My one caution is to make sure that the installer mixes up the tiles from different boxes prior to laying them out to soften any slight color differences you might find in different batches of tile.
The price on Overstock was better than I have found at Home Depot, design stores, or anywhere else. They arrived very fast and in perfect condition! None of them were broken. I used these for my vintage looking kitchen counter top. They look really beautiful! The problems we came across were when we grouted, the dark grey grout stained the top of the tiles and it took a lot of sanding to get it to come off. Second, I've had the counter top in for a couple weeks now, and it's a bit hard to keep clean. I think using these tiles for a floor is great, in hindsight, I might have gone with a different counter top material. On the other hand, it is beautiful!
I bought these to replace a patch I had to make in my 1940's bathroom tile floor. It was incredibly difficult to even find a 1" hex unglazed tile at all. Since I had destroyed most of the tiles I took out in the demo of the repair, I needed replacements. The tiles were as advertised, and if I had been putting in a new floor, would have been a great choice. However, these are ANTIQUE white, not white. Unfortunately it did not say that anywhere on webpage. I only saw it as the last word of the description in the shipping invoice. Also, the tiles are quite a bit thinner than the old ones I took out, and the grout lines were a touch wider than the rest of my floor, which also made for some interesting tiling. For my specific purpose, it was merely adequate. For a full new installation, they would have been nice. All in all, just make sure you need ANTIQUE white, and these will work great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close, but color is ANTIQUE white, not white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Item was brand new, shipped well and was a professional product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Missing the word "Antique" from white was a let down. but everything else was accurate.