Beautiful polished nacre layers of natural seashells with varied colors ranging through brown, whites like mother of pearl, blues, violet, & rose. Has a natural iridescence. Only problem is that they are extremely thin and cutting with tile nippers is difficult. Easy to apply to vertical bathroom vanity wall and using alabaster grout because white grout would distract from the random colors. Many compliments. Because of the varied colors, this makes it easy to accessorize forever. Never get tired of looking at the natural color variations that change when you slightly move. Will never be monotonous like ordinary ceramic or glass wall tires.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Natural polished shells are true to their colors
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This was my first attempt at tiling and the result was great. One thing to note, the tiles are very, very thin which makes using a nipper difficult. I would recommend a biscuit to tan grout to accent the highlights.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? my set had more ivory less brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A+
Exquisite Tile!! I placed it at the waterline of a new hot tub and it looks beautiful with the water. I also used the same tile on the backsplash and wall of our kitchen counter renovation, and everyone compliments it. It is casual but has that little bit of shimmer that makes it elegant. Its also durable, as far as I can tell.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This tile fit into my coastal bath with style,I love it. Due to the real seashells the tile was alittle thinner than regular tile and needed some special hanging teck. by the tiler.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close,since they were multi colored
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great..alittle thinner than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
We can't get over how beautiful this shell tile is. It transformed my guest bathroom. Used it to tile two primary walls and the ceiling and surround trim in the shower area. This is so lovely every one of my four grown sons (yes, men) commented on how beautiful it is. We had a large gathering over the holidays and got so many nice comments. It looks rich and interesting, and makes you want to touch it. The light glows off the iridescent shell. I couldn't be more pleased with the look,. For those concerned about the install, my installer said it was his first of this material and although it is thin and appears fragile he had no issues with a wet saw. It is pricey compared to ceramic, but I consider it a value well worth the investment for what we got in return. I give it a big Woo Hoo!