This product is a bit of a hassle to get prepared due to paper/cardboard backing that must be removed prior to installation. Using the mesh sheets is fairly simple, but much of the project will likely require cutting and "puzzling" the stones into final edges. That requires some patience and cutting of the mesh backing. Once you mortar, I found it helpful to use a heat torch on very low to singe back any of the mesh backing that didn't get fully mortared. We used an "earth-tone" grout, giving it a very natural look. It creates such a beautifully natural look and feels smooth underfoot. This is exactly what we sought and couldn't find in any of our local stores. In addition, the product was shipped straight to our door without additional costs (they are fairly heavy). I would definitely use this product again It looks beautiful with the teak shower bench that we also got from Overstock. I will definitely continue to shop at Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is good quality, but the paper backing is difficult to remove; it requires a lot of patience.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This tile has a very designer look- and at a great price, I love the "flat" river stones - easier to walk on in our shower floor. We like this so much we might add it to the entire bathroom floor. Great price, good colors and great deisgner look! Thanks O!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? YES
- How is the quality of the product? The tile arrived in just a few days- and not a single broken tile-
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The tile is exactly as shown and the colors are very accurate.
I purchased the flat riverbed stones to use as a floor in my newly remodeled shower. The contractor was skeptical, yet did some online research into the installation. Both he and I were thoroughly pleased with the result. He chose an earth tone grout, and the floor looks like you are walking on a riverbed of stone. The flat stones are comfortable to stand on while showering. I felt the product was affordable and arrived in good condition. The stones come on a grid, and individual stones may be removed to fill in open areas. If you are looking for a natural and elemental style for a home project, I would recommend these stones.
These rock tiles are great. The colors look exactly like the colors online. We are very pleased. They will be used for the shower floor in our cabin we are building. The value of these were so much better than any others we were able to find locally.