I just wrote a long review... and went to submit it and it returned me to the login page.... bummer. Don't really feel like writing it all again.... But will say this.... these tiles are awesome and my kitchen looks incredible. Local installer quoted us $1200 for the tiles to do this job (did not included installation). With all the materials, including the $50 rental of the wet saw and new gray outlets and stainless steel outlet covers.... we have spent about $460 on the entire project. We called the manufacture to get their recommended cutting instructions - cut tile from the back, not stainless side - use metal file to smooth edges of stainless steel. It looks amazing, I am so excited and grateful that my husband is brilliant and was able to do such a wonderful job installing these. Oh ... and I wanted to mention that I ordered these on a Sunday..... and they arrived on Wednesday.... 70 lbs of tiles shipped in two days for $2.95 .... that is amazing!!!! Thanks for the wonderful update to my kitchen Overstock... it looks like a million bucks!!!!
Had been looking for something in stainless for a portion of the kitchen back splash. Came across this and Whoo Hoo it was just what I was looking for. read the reviews and was sold. Have not installed at this time. Love the look of the tile. I will be installing it along with a glass tile in the same size. Have mocked up and am very happy. The stainless tile is not full stainless, it is ceramic with a stainless overlay, very nice. Very excited about this tile. I can't believe that I found it here, for such a great price and such low shipping. Overstock you rule!
These tiles brightened up my whole bar area. Under counter lighting reflecs great off the tiles lightening the work space. I love my tiles. Only bad thing, they tiles are a bear to cut. Metal bends and is very tough to cut straight. The glue also came off a few tiles but a drop of Super glue and they were good as new.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good
I used this tile as my backsplash in my remodeled kitchen which is black, cherry wood and stainless steel. The universal comment from everyone who enters is WOW! People absolutely love it!! My tiler who runs a granite shop was so impressed with this tile, he took a sheet home to check whether it would work with his decor'. It was very easy to install and it sets off all the stainless I have in the kitchen. When the tiler began installing I was afraid it would overwhelm the rest of the elements in my kitchen, but happily I was wrong. It adds a nice counter-point to the black cabinets, black granite, antiqued black island with Saturnia granite (which has a lot of silver, gray and crystal). The price was half what my local tile store sold a smilar tile. It cleans up easily with just a damp cloth. I initially cleaned it with stainless steel cleaner which gave it a very nice sheen. It is definitely the finishing touch of my $$$$ kitchen renovation.
I love the look of the tile. It is very sharp but not a "cold" look at all. The brick pattern on the tile is very pleasing and the light shines off of it in different directions which is very pretty. I am redoing my entire kitchen and the contractor installe dthe tile. They installed the first few sheets and needed to take them down and strt over, because the sheets were not similar. One sheet of tile had a different size gap between tiles than the other, and it was farily noticeable. It seems that only a few sheets were like this, so fortunatley we had enough to do the whole backsplash.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the stainless portion of the tile is very consistent, however the stainless is mounted to a ceramic tile underneath, and the mounting is inconsistent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
First I'll say that my project using these 1x2 stainless tiles came out great. The sheets come individually wrapped and are well protected against scratching. On each sheet, maybe 1 tile is set on the backing not quite straight, so you'll want to simply pull these off the backing and set them manually. I missed one, though in the overall scheme of things, it's not noticeable. Keep in mind that since these tiles are offset, you'll have to cut at least every other one on the sides where your tile ends unless you like the offset look. This works fine if you are butting up to a corner or cabinet, etc. But if you're just stopping mid wall, then the cut tiles show the ceramic base tile that these stainless pieces are glued upon. Actually, all of the tiles show the ceramic base from the side/edge (the stainless "cap" only covers about half of the ceramic base), but the cut tiles even more. You'll need to be creative about how to solve this if you'll be able to see the edge of the tile in your project. Maybe a tile that is intended to be an end piece. Grout does a pretty good job of covering the non-cut pieces on the end so it covers up the ceramic. Don't forget that you must use unsanded grout as sanded grout will scratch the stainless. When I cut them with my wet saw, they cut just as easily as any other tile. But the metal overlay gets "splayed" upward. So for every one of my cut tiles (~100), I had to file down the splay and clean up the sharp edge. A few of the stainless pieces came apart from the ceramic base during the cut & file stage, requiring a re-glue with liquid nails. In closing, the finished product will look spectacular if you've got solutions to any mid-wall end points.
We used these with ceramic tile as an accent. They are a layer of metal over a white ceramic rectangle. The tile guy dented a couple during installation and we didn't notice until too late to have them changed out. I would not say the metal is thin but just be aware that they are not appropriate for certain uses. Would not buy them again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK but can be dented.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
As always, Overstock beat the price, delivered on schedule and stocked the item. Since building our new home 3 years ago, Overstock has been my "go to" website. I have purchased, sinks, faucets, furniture, rugs, bedding, drapes and even jewelry. These tiles were right on the money... a bit tricky to install as they covered a soffit where a range hood would hang but we found the perfect adhesive and they look as sharp as I knew they would!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Exacrly
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I love the look of this product and it arrived in a very timely manner. I had read other reviews regarding ease of installlation. This product is much harder to install then has been mentioned and it scratches easily. I am however, still immensly pleased with the finished product but would not purchase ss mosaic tiles again.
I just received this tile in 5 days and it's absolutely gorgeous. Like a previous reviewer said, it matches my stainless appliances perfectly. I can't wait to put it up behind my stove. You won't be disappointed, it's worth every penny.
Everyone who comes Ito our home is impressed with these tiles. They are a feature in our kitchen and match our stainless appliances. If there were any critical comments that I would have it would be on the installation. The tiles are stainless on porcelain. They are very difficult to cut as they are small. The stainless pulls back or bends when cut and creates an uneven edge. You need to be extremely careful and these are expensive tiles to throw away because of bad cuts. My installer will probably decline anyone else's project that include these tiles.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered stainless tiles and that is what I got.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This was a very high quality product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I looked and looked for just the right tiles for our modern kitchen renovation, but I always came back to these stainless subway tiles. I am happy to report that my "gut" was right. We could not be happier with the finished product. Our contractor was impressed by the quality and pricing. He installed them on two walls between the quartz counters and new cabinets. Everyone who visits remarks about the stunning finishing touch these tiles provide. Best of all, they do NOT water spot and are a breeze to keep clean. (That was my biggest worry.) They are especially nice with the undercounted lighting, as the tiles reflect the light. THANK YOU, Overstock. Oh -- and we needed to order an additional box, but it matched the previous shipment perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top flight
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on. The installation tips were wonderful.
It is shiny and beautiful, but not so much bling that it is gawdy. It is an amazing compliment to my new white quartz countertops and makes my kitchen the centerpiece of the home. We also used it as a trim for our fireplace and it works well there, as well as bathroom backsplash. A great find and decorative accent.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just as it was described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It can be a little challenging to work with, if you walls are not completely flat, but is stunning as an accent or full back splash
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very much so
dont have them put up yet but they look awesome! My tile guy even likes them even tho not ordered from his company.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect just as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
Had the carpenter put them behind stove vent . They look awesome.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As portrayed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Wanted stainless tiles for my kitchen remodel and found that at any tile store that they were pretty pricey. Checked out Overstock and to be honest I hesitated because I was worried that it would not be what I was looking for and would have to pay to ship back. However, I took a chance because everything I had purchased from Overstock has been great and this was no exception. The tiles look really really good and the tile installer did a good job. Installing them can be alittle touchy becuase when they cut the tiles the edges become alittle rough.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
THIS TILE LOOKS SO GREAT. I USED IT BEHIND MY VIKING GAS RANGE AFTER I DID THE BACK SPLASH IN GRANITE. I AM SORRY I SAW IT AFTER THE GRANITE WAS INSTALLED BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE DONE THE BACKSLASH IN THIS TILE INSTEAD OF VERY EXPENSIVE GRANITE. YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED WITH THIS TILE. I GET LOTS OF COMPLEMNTS. EVEN THE BUILDER ASKED " WHERE DID YOU GET THIS TILE". YOU WON'T SEE ANYTHING LIKE IT IN STORES.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fantastic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. beautifull. looks very rich. very durable ,can be hard cutting to size
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very acurate desciption
Haven't had it installed yet but I know will look awesome.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect!!