I received these curtains today, Solid Faux Silk Taffeta Mediterranean 84-inch Curtain Panel. I am comparing them to the pictures on the website, and I am saying to myself these curtains do not look blue at all. They are green. The description on plastic bag matches the website. So I know I was shipped the correct item. If you want to see the accurate color of these curtains, search for curtain item number 13928878 (Peacock Vintage Faux Textured Dupioni Silk 84-inch Curtain Panel). This is a truer representation of their actual color. If you are looking for a green hue, these curtains are for you. If you are looking for blue curtains, keep looking. I found two options. Item 11899685 (Signature Winter Blue Textured Silk 84-inch Curtain Panel), which I will order next, and item 14094950 (Solid Faux Silk Taffeta Navy Blue 84-inch Curtain Panel), which I think might be too dark blue for my needs. However, it looks definitely blue and not green or gray. I hope this helps you save time and money.
This panel really is gorgeous. The fabric is heavy, has a good sheen to it, and looks very expensive. However, when the light shines through it, it's definitely has a lot of green in it, while in the picture it looks very blue.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more green in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good
I ordered these curtains and was SOOOOO sad that they didn't work with my decor. I thought they were a very blue teal .Turns out; they are the green-blue kind of teal. The color is lovely, but green just doesn't work with the paint color. The curtains are darker than they appear, but don't be confused, the color is very rich. They just have bright, white lights on them. I have the typical incandescent lights (more yellow) and that seams to really bring out the green. I'd say, under my lighting, they are 50% blue and %50 green. I would have given them 5 stars if they were the bright blue I imagined. I had to send them back...so very sad about that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture doesn't show how green they are
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great! The quality is better than all of the stores I've been to. I wanted a rich looking curtain at a fraction of the price. There is a flannel lining, as well as a cotton lining.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is as described
If you are looking for a brighter shade of blue, you will be disappointed. In natural light these curtains are a dark blue. If you shine a bright light right on it, then they get closer to the color online. The color online is a world apart from the color in person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Waaaaaay off.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Everything was good but the color.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The color is way off.
I was looking for the drapes in peacock blue color for quite a while. I found some that had peacock feathers print, but never solid ones. When i saw them here i was not sure at first that the color will match with my dinning room, but decided to order them anyway and i'm happy that i did! They were a perfect match! Very satisfied! Quality is great! p.s.They are pretty heavy, so if your drapery rod is thin, that can be a problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is peacock blue. Same as on the picture, vibrant and beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
These are higher quality, well-made drapes for the price. My only issue is that they are a bit shiny for my liking, but I have decided to keep them anyway and use them in my master bedroom for a touch of "hollywood glam." If you are put off by the sheen, I suggest ordering a higher priced, real silk drape.
Amazing! My living room is magazine ready! Love the color...teal and brown are a perfect match for me. If you want perfect rich looking blue curtains, buy these. I get so many compliments on my curtains...its amazing. Their also the "in color" so they are very easy to match up with throw pillows and decor! Buy these!! You won't regret it...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent and heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
I bought these in the Mediterranean blue and they are of very substantial weight and the color is deep and beautiful. It reminds me of somewhere between dark teal and peacock. But there is not too much green in them in my opinion. Just enough to be TEAL. There is a line, actually two lines of heavier "thread"? on the back of each curtain at the top and not sure what it is for. I was told there were back tabs, but there are none on mine. But still very very pleased. There are beautiful and I am using them in a room that is painted almost a terracotta color. Couldn't find anything else to go, but these are perfect!
My teal curtains arrived today. The color was true to online photo. Was I relieved! The drapes lovely and rich looking. I was afraid they would be dull but they are lush. The quality ismuch better than what I was finding in the stores for the price. The lining is not cheap, the panels are square and the weights are heavy enough to make them hang beautifully. Not too shiny but havs a gentle lustre so they are not gaudy. I put them in a bedroon over a sliding glass door. Created a tranquil space. Can you tell I'm pleased?
Thanks to other reviewers for providing reviews which helped us with our purchase. The Mediterranean (deep blue with green undertone) is stunning. Reminds of the blue/green of a peacock feather. It's luminescent so the color changes with the lighting. We bought these for my daughters room (it's ******* ***** ***** ****). BTW we held the Mediterranean against a blue wall and against true blue they look very green, like others mentioned. I read they were stiff. Taffeta does not feel like silk (I didn't know that either until we got these). They are weighted and hang beautifully, but are crisp compared to silk. I love the look. I mentioned in another review how room darkening they are, that was a must for the bedroom. Hopes this helps others who do a lot of research and review reading like we do.
Exactly what I wanted ..I already had beautiful velvet dinning chair cushions in a teal color from Pier One. I hoped the mediterranean color would go these would go with the cushions. They are almost a perfect match. Beautifully made and rich looking in my dinning room.
These curtain panels are my (final!) splurge on my bedroom. The cost is pretty high but the quality is obvious. These curtains are thick, they are lined and weighted at the hem. I cannot say enough about the stunning color. There is a bit of shimmer, great weight and a real feeling of elegance! I love these curtains. They are heavy and lined enough to black out the light when closed, and the color and flow adds that glamor when open. I'm just going to lay in bed and gaze upon my dramatic, sumptuous window treatments. Simply and perfectly stunning!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More of a peacock, iridescent blue-green
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
Haivng never ordered something like this online before I was a bit hesitant. However I love these they are perfect and look exactly like they appear online, except they are better! I would highly reccomend these to anyone who is in need of a heavy drape with great quality fabric and a heavy liner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the same color as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
My HOA required white lined curtains for any room that shows to the street. These were so pretty that I decided I wanted them in a room we lived in more and moved them, requiring me to buy another 2 panels to fit the window. The first set is very smooth and silky. the 2nd set feels a bit rougher- in truth they probably just need ironed out and they would feel the same. The color matches perfectly between the 2 sets, which was a worry since they had sold out for a bit. These curtains are awesome. They are great for sun blocking and have such a rich color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They may be a little greener than the picture shows. they are a gorgeous jewel color. I was having a hard time deciding between the Mediterranean and the peacock, so this is the perfect color for me
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These are nice heavy curtains. They are fully lined with white in the back- This was required for my HOA.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the site was very accurate
These curtain panels are beautiful faux silk. However, in the picture the panels look blue. They are actually a deep teal color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Photo looks blue, but the panels are actually a deep teal color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality and very pretty.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product description should indicate the drapes are teal, not blue.