Bought a large square shade sail and a triangle shade. Different colors (Beige & Black) to add some accent and some variation in looks. Spent a great deal of time measuring and making sure the sails would provide the most coverage and lasting effects for years to come. Finally got both put up. Did take more time than i wanted but happy with the finished product. Here is what I learned in putting up my sails: First if you have nothing to attach to, think about using steel posts instead of wood. Lasts longer and won't bend from the torque of the sails. I attached to the house and 2 steel square 4" posts. Worth the extra $$. Spent around xxx on mine. Also, invest in stainless steel hardware. More peace of mind not worrying about corrosion or rust from the hardware it comes with. Spent another xxx for the hardware. Make sure you have 10% or more space from the shade to your connecting point as directed. I have anywhere from 16" to 30.5". I used plastic covered cable wire and a Come Along to get each corner nice at tight. Used 4 cable clamps on each corner to keep the wire from slipping through. Tighten diagonal corners first, then the other two. I then tightened my turnbuckles which were at each attaching point to give more tightness. Had very strong winds today and yesterday and the sails bounced and floated with the wind. Happy with the look, price, and shipping of this product. Just wish the hardware was better quality.
I anxiously awaited the arrival of our sun shade as it has already gotten hot in central Texas. It arrived promptly. The quality seems superior and the corner hardware is strong-looking. However, the shade is only 5.5 feet across the middle. So we don't actually have 8' x 8' coverage. I will be sending it back today and ordering the 11'10" square with the hope that it is smaller. Will write another review when the new one arrives.
i am a middle aged female with a small deck and purchased this product to replace an existing market umbrella. i installed my sun sail alone attaching two sides to my house with eyebolts and the remaining two sides to 7' galvanized painted poles. although the sun sail is of good construction, i found the hardware to be substandard and replaced it with new expansion bolts from my local hardware store. the sail itself is not 8'x8' because of the design, more like 6'x6' at center with the corners reaching the 8' mark. as suggested it is a sun sail and does not shelter from the rain. i have received many compliments on its appearance and construction. all and all, i am very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it.
was very dissatisfied the size was way smaller then stated on the add. so i would have returned it but it was already up and the hassle was just toooooo much after realizing that the size was at least 2inches smaller then stated if i had knowen i would have ordered the med its more like the small size should be
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not at all
don't bother. This sun sail is ridiculously small, combine that with the ugly white string they give you and you have one cheap looking product. Because it is so small, it blocks the sun overhead for say one hour, then when the sun peeps around the sides, which is most of the day, there is no protection and there is no way to move the shade. A $50 mistake.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap rope and hardware
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? size not accurate
We bought two of these square sails because the area we needed to cover was approximately 9 feet wide and 14 feet long. I mounted them so they crisscross in the middle which really adds a nice look. We love them and plan to add more to other locations for great shade. If I could add a picture I would we really love the way they turned out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Color we love them.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
very happy with the product...PLEASE put this item back in stock soon. We need to purchase another one!!! Thankyou!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Have purchased the Square and Triangle sun shades and very pleased with the quality. Have used these sunshade for over 3 years and they still look the same color as when I first bought them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as Advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right On
The whole thing was advertised as having 8 ft but it has 8 ft with the edges it's not 8 ft as a material cover. If you take the material surface that will give you the comfort of a shade is probably around 6-6.5ft. Anyways it's good for our purpose so far hence the 4 stars.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Almost accurate.
Nice sun shade, good price. It was smaller than I thought I ordered, but did not notice until it was put up. It is more like 6 ft than the 11 foot one I ordered. I'm sure it was a shipping mistake, but no way can I remove the hardware to return it.