My wife was very concerned about buying a mattress on-line without the opportunity to lie on it first, especially a memory foam mattress. She has never liked the memory foam mattresses that we have tested. After fairly extensively researching memory foam I chose this one for the following reasons: 1-Price. -Although there may be some out there I could not find a comparable mattress for a lower price and the ones I checked in stores were considerably more expensive, some almost 3 times the price. 2-The Gel Foam aspect of the mattress. This is supposed to reduce body heat retention in the mattress. -I prefer to be cool when I sleep. I find the mattress does not heat up as I lie on it and a light cover creates a pleasant temperature for sleeping. 3-Firmness -From the description and the material from which this mattress is made I believed it to be of medium firmness, which it is, but since receiving it I have found that the first inch or so is soft and cradles you as you lie on it making it very comfortable but also well supporting. My wife was very pleasantly surprised the first night we sleep on it. Note: Light weight people may find this mattress to be firm. Concerns: 1-I was concerned about the cloth material the mattress is made of when I saw it on-line. It looked thin and I thought it would tear easily or bunch up in the middle of the mattress. -The upper material is actually quite elastic and substantial which allows it to conform to the shape of the foam without bunching but is very soft. The side has a heavier almost suede feeling material and the bottom has a non-skid yellow material. We have ours on a split king box spring and the mattress does not slide at all. Just for reference I am 6' and 225lbs and I am very happy with my mattress. My wife is very happy with the mattress as well. (We won't share her weight here)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be very high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I am very pleased with my new mattress and bed frame. It was delivered quickly and I was able to set it up and enjoy it the first day I got it. It sleeps so comfortably. I was concerned about heat but the gel infusion keeps me cool and comfortable all through the night. I would reccommend anyone to buy a mattress from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is nice. The shipping package insured a safe delivery.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
I bought this mattress about a month ago and am happy with it. It is pretty soft though, which took some getting used to but I seem to be adjusted now and I am getting a good nights sleep. I think for what they charge it is a good buy, I am satisfied. It doesn't "sleep hot" and the smell out of the packaging was not bad (I slept on it the first night). It comes in a big sleeping bag looking container and mine was delivered a day ahead of schedule.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Ordered this mattress was delivered very quickly. Packaging was very good. Very very satisfied with the memory gel king size mattress. It opened up exactly like it was supposed to and have never had a better nites sleep, also have not had a backache since I've been sleeping on it. Love it so much have ordered another one for guest bedroom and my daughter ordered herself one now too! Thank you so much for a perfect mattress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better on product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A+
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? A+
I purchased this mattress a year ago this month. I weigh less than my husband and his side is fine, my side? Has a big dent in it. The foam has no bounce back anymore. Sure when youre not laying on it its fine, but the second you lay down it deflates like an air mattress. So now I have to get a NEW mattress within a years time. highly disappointed!
After reading TONS of reviews on SEVERAL mattresses, I decided to order this product. I've always been pleased with purchases from Overstock, but unfortunately, I am having as much back and lower body pain on this mattress as with my old mattress. I knew it was a risk since I would not be able to return the mattress. Live and learn. Now I have to purchase a topper or a new mattress all together. Still not sleeping.....
We were looking for a king size mattress, and after reading some of the reviews for this memory foam mattress, thought this would be the one to buy. We were correct, as it met all our expectations. Not only is it "oh so comfy", but my husband and I both have not woke up with our arms or legs going to sleep, as would occur on our old mattress. Would definitely recommend this mattress to everyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on target
This is a great mattress!! I sleep very good on this and usually get hot on a tempurpedic. This mattress with cooling gel helps me to sleep comfortably all night long.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is better than I expected. The covering on mattress is really nice and soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was exactly as described.
So glad I switched from spring to memory foam. I was hesitant at first but I have never slept better!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter but nice color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for a great price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We were a little unsure about buying this, but took a chance! I'm SO glad we did. This mattress transformed our bed into an amazing haven of comfort, promoting a good night sleep! I bought another bed, and spent over 7000 for it... honestly, this mattress feels the same! Wished I knew that before the investment in this other bed... don't get me wrong, I LOVE my other bed... but didn't want to spend that money again, while we are working out of state.. so the solution, was this mattress! A great investment, for a good night sleep!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was correct in color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was a correct description
So the mattress showed up in a big "burrito" looking thing. It wasn't very heavy .. about 50lbs or so. Once I got it in my apartment, i opened it and let it expand for over 24 hours. I will say the smell of memory foam was a bit strong but nothing you can't put up with for a day ... maybe two. I too have a bad back and worried about memory foam being too hot, but much to my surprise, the gel keeps it cooler than just memory foam and i have a great night sleep every night since I got this mattress. For the price, this mattress is AMAZING!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is accurate from the picture ... it's just a mattress after all.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is really high end. The material is super soft, and the mix of gel and memory foam is fantastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was pretty much spot on.
The bed arrived quicker than expected, and actually rose quicker than expected. Overall very pleased for the money you can't beat it. We went from a 14" pillow top with top layer made of memory foam and then an innerspring system. This new bed beats it hands down. But had to adjust to sitting on the bed instead of just about jumping into our old one. Hope this will help someone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fair a little off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? goood
Before I bought this bed, I read the reviews and weighed my options. This bed is great. This is the first product I've bought from OVERSTOCK. It arrived about 3-4 days earlier than it was suppose to so I was glad. I actually didn't have any problems whatsoever. After my boyfriend and I unrolled it out of the black bag and the first layer of plastic we laid it in the floor. (We have to buy a platform.) We watched it immediately start growing to it's size. The second layer of plastic was still on the bed, we just left it open just a tab bit where the opening was. We didn't smell anything, unless of course you put your face up close and lift up the plastic. We slept on the bed the same night. I've had the bed for about a good two weeks now. It is great. It is a bit firm yet squishy and ya just sink right into it.
After spending a stupid amount of money within the last five years on mattresses, I wish I would've checked overstock.com first. I was a little leery purchasing a mattress over the Internet, but looking at the other reviews helps me make my decision to give it a try. For $XXX, I didn't have much to lose. I have been sleeping so well since I started sleeping on this mattress, whenever friends come over and make them lay down and check it out.
While this mattress was certainly an amazing deal for a king size bed, the quality of the foam is markedly different from our queen sized foam mattress. Our old mattress was 12 inches thick and definitely molded more to our bodies. This mattress is definitely firmer and doesn't feel like as good quality foam. Also, you should know that we have had it for over a month and I still can smell the obnoxious smell, not as bad as the first week, but definitely still there and won't seem to fully go away!
I am in heaven, replacing my king sized mattress with this slumber solutions one. It is firm yet so supportive. Aches are gone from my hips and shoulders and I'm using it for less than a month. Little smell on arrival I put an overhead ceiling fan on it with an open window for a few hours. I would recommend this to anyone seeking comfort and a great night's sleep.
I bought the king size for my son after he tried the queen we have at our house. It's on the firm side for foam, but that's what he needs for his back. Great value, it's heavy and bulky so you might need help unwrapping it, but worth it!
For the value I was very pleased by how elegant it's appearance is but on the other hand the bed was much firmer than I expected great deal but I'm more of a medium type person an it's great for back sleepers an it doesn't get hot an it also clearly states in the description levels of firmness may vary based on the memory foam so I should've known just bc mine was firm doesn't mean that someone else's was this is my personal experience. It did have an odor to it for about a week just new material also being vacuum packed I'm sure contributes but nothing u can't air out il have to purchase a pillow topper an no flat pillows w this bed either but I rate it average for the price can't complain too much at all it's new mattress for me an my husband our old was an innerspring all wore out so it's still a bit of an adjustment wev had it for almost a month now.