This bed is one of the BEST things I have ever purchased - and what a deal at that! It is very very comfortable to the point I just want to stay in bed all day! THe only issue I can see is that I now have trouble getting up it is so comfy! As far as the smell - that disapearred in about three days. The bed is 100 pounds - you will need a strong person to lift it. It comes in a large roll and UPS would not leave it in my foyer - so depending if you have someone home to accept delivery that might be an issue. Otherwise though this bed is amazing and oversize queen sheets fit perfect. I shopped A LOT before buying this bed and I very happy with my choice and the service of overstock.
I have had my bed for about a month now. After allowing it to air for ~ 2 days, the smell was reduced significantly. Since then, the smell has completely dissipated. Usually I sleep all night b/c I am a hard sleeper, but I no longer have the nagging lower back ache I had previously sleeping on my coiled mattress. I think the pillow-top allows for more aeration, b/c I haven't experienced any excessive amounts of stored heat while I am asleep. Warning to some, the mattress is quite heavy initially. I can't imagine being able to move it w/o assistance once fully aerated. Good purchase. I highly recommend this mattress.
I bought this mattress for my son. He said it only took a few hours to decompress from its packaging. He likes it much better than the sleep number bed he'd been sleeping on previously. Highly recommend this product, great price and value for a memory foam mattress.
Just love this bed. The pillow top is amazing and I have such great night sleep in it, not too soft and not too hard. At 6foot 2 and 215lbs (male) it gives me great support. When I received the bed it was rolled up tightly, be careful opening up the roll as it expands fast. There was a faint smell to the product as expected but that lasted a few minutes in a well ventilated room. I left the bed to for 24hrs and then my first night's sleep was a dream...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
We are giving this mattress a 3 out of 5 because on a box spring this mattress is a 5, it is soft, gives great support and relieves back pain. However, on a platform bed the mattress is a zero!! It offers no support at all so you just sink in makes back and neck pain much worse! Memory foam is very hot and the heat from your body just stays under you so you sweat like crazy! We had this mattress on a box spring for a few weeks and it was the best ever then our new bed frame came in, a platform bed- it was a nightmere! I woke up nearly crying every morning! We gave up and started sleeping in our guest room. Honestly the floor would be better then this mattress on a platform bed! We talked to a mattress salesmen and he told us that you have to have support for a memory foam mattress. We did not think not having a box spring would would make a difference but it does!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not self supporting has to have a box spring
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great description except it needs to say that the mattress has to be on a box spring to give support.
I was skeptical at first about moving away from the traditional spring mattresses, but I figured I would read reviews about foam mattresses. This mattress had great reviews so I decided to take a risk and try it out. When it was delivered. It came in a huge black bag that resembled a boxing bag. It took a good fifteen minutes to get the black bag off of the plastic wrappings. Once that was done, I cut the plastic and then it immediately started expanding. Within about fifteen minutes it had turned from a burrito shaped mattress to a queen sized one. The moment I laid on it I knew I had made a smart purchase! It was extremely comfortable. It's still as comfortable as the day I got it. I would definitely recommend this mattress to anyone who is tired of those conventional spring mattresses. Plus you can't beat this price for the level of comfort and great nights of sleep I get from this product. I also like the thickness of the mattress (14"). I RECOMMEND IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very informative and helped me imagine how comfortable it would be.
I am very satisfied with this mattress. It is a high quality mattress, very nice looking, very comfortable, and does not make you feel hot like other foam mattresses (we live in Phoenix where it is generally over 100 degrees for 1/2 the year, so this is very important). I am so glad I read the reviews on this mattress and decided to buy it. I would do it again!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nicer than pictured!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
This mattress is very comfy especially if you are a side sleeper. It does not seem to me that it will hold up for as long as our Temperpedic but you get what you pay for. For the price you can't go wrong. Shipping took forever and customer service was slow but that was just my experience.
The 2 inch topper is the only thing about this bed that is high quality. It is basicaly a huge chunk of cheap rock hard foam with a topper sitting on it. When laying on it you quickly sink into the top layer and at first it feels great. After about 5 minutes though its totaly compressed and you are now laying on the large rock hard peice that is underneath. I still feel all the same pressure point pain like our old inner spring mattress we replaced. I have laid on the temperpedic and serta brand at a mattress store. So if you think you are getting something just like name brand you are not. If you like a really firm mattress that doesnt have much give then you may like this. I will be a little more careful next time I buy something like this and would not reccomend buying a bed off the internet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Mid grade knock off
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Made it sound better than it was
We expected to love our new pillow-top mattress. Instead, it was so uncomfortable that my husband and I got up in the middle of the night and slept on the futon in the guest room. Unless you know you like this type of mattress, don't even try it. This is a huge waste of money as it is not returnable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
My husband and I have been looking at beds for a long time and we finally decided on this one and I have to say it was the best decision we ever made. A lot of my back problems have lessened or gone away and I actually sleep through the entire night without waking up constantly. It's extremely soft and comfortable and my only issue is that it hugs you just a bit too much which can make climbing out of bed a little difficult. I would highly recommend this bed to anyone thinking about it.
Everything about this bed is perfect! I put a lot of research into buy a new bed and it paid off! I wanted a medium - firm mattress and I got everything I wanted in this one. My sleep time has never been better. I would buy this bed all over again and highly recommended.
The foam mattress "popped" back to size within a day. It is much thicker than 14 inches, which is great if you want a thick mattress. The downside is that there is an additional top layer (like a pillow top for the mattress) that slides and moves around. It is really hard to put that back in place. We have an adjustable bed, and the top layer slides off.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
This mattress is definitely worth the money. Extremely comfortable, super plush but still very firm. And, as per usual, overstock.com shipped it super fast and their shipping deals cant be beat. Just a couple of comments: 1- It weighs 94 pounds. I didn't see that when I ordered and when it showed up at the house, my wife had an awesome time getting it unrolled and in the frame. 2- Like the other reviews, the manufacturing process leaves a faint odor in the memory foam but it went away quickly. 3- The memory foam itself is not attached to the foam underneath, it is kept in place by a compartmented cloth cover. Not a huge issue but you will have to adjust it after the mattress is unrolled and expanded. But the zipper access to the memory foam is well concealed and over all, it is a very nice looking product. 4- Buy deep pocket sheets. It is definitely all of 14 inches. Overall, an awesome purchase. For the money you'll pay, I can't imagine a better mattress. I know not everyone likes foam mattresses but this is a good decision for those that do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine. White and tan so not much of a color issue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
If you like sleeping on concrete then this bed is for you. I ordered a medium but I got rock hard. it came rolled up so I had no idea how it would be. Our new house renovations took longer than expected so it was too late to return it. My other big complaint is how heavy it is. I am using it on a platform bed and it is almost impossible to put the sheets on. I wish I had gone to a store to purchase a bed!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? O
I love our new memory foam. I wasnt forsure about getting it at first since me and my boyfriend are both plus size people but its great. The only thing about it is the topper will somtimes move.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
Very disappointed! We purchased the mattress about 8 months ago. it took about a month for the smell to go away. Every morning when we wake up the mattress topper is hanging about four inches off the side of the bed. We are moving it to the spare bedroom and purchasing a different mattress- but staying away from the memory foam mattresses with pillowtops!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
I an very unhappy with the quality of this mattress. Memory Foam has forgotten how to support. I will never buy another mattrice with out first testing it out in the store. Sorry but it sucks very much. I am not happy that I've spent over $$$ for this piece of junk. Now I have to buy another mattress to replace this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is less than 2 years old and already it's sagging and is very painful to sleep on. It's like sleeping on a saggy mattress. No support what so ever!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Lead me to believe it was a genunine posturepedic
After years of a spring mattress ill never go back. Best night sleep ive gotten in years. i would recommend this mattress to anyone. One great product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? look identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. after a month its awesome quailty seems very durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Excellent value for the price. I have the King and couldnt be happier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate