This iron never should have left the design table, the auto off feature causes the iron to beep every 30 seconds while you are ironing, if you don't lift the iron and stand it upright, the iron will shut off, ironing back and forth ie: to press a crease will also trigger the iron's auto off feature. I spent more time looking at this iron's LCD screen to find out while it was beeping than I did ironing. I spent a lot of time researching irons and even purchased a membership to consumer reports, this seemed like a nice lightweight iron that produced plenty of steam to do a better than average job ironing. unfortunately it has too many quirks including a very small water reservoir that empties after 3 cotton dress shirts and a cord, more than 12 inches shorter than my previous iron,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Comparable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Didn't meet my expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate but not specific ie: cord length
wife is pleased with purchase.............................
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
Good pricing as usual. In fact, was shopping recently at a local store and saw the same iron for considerably more. So far, it has worked well, good temperature variations, not too heavy but still gets out wrinkles. Time will tell as to long term quality, but I am satisfied,once again, with Overstock.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes - to date
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Works well, good steam, just heavy enough
My former iron was heavy and ironing required going over fabrics endlessly. This iron gets the job done in half the time. My old iron often burned my clothes. This iron is so effective, yet gentle on clothes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent. Light. Does not damage fabrics.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
I really like this product because I have arthritis in my hands and the light weight of this iron reallty helps.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very gppd
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? So far
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
This iron blows away the one it replaced. Gets hot very quickly and pretty much stays that way. The audible beeps are a nice touch to let you know if the iron temp has dropped too far and to take a short break. Tons of steam does wonders on cargo pants and jeans but the water does get low pretty quick. The LCD is good for selecting the temperature but I wonder if it might be a weak link down the road. Only time will tell but for now I'd certainly recommend the EF.04.
The iron and steamer work very well. The only drawbacks: the flap that covers the opening for water is oddly positioned, which makes it difficult to pour water in; and water does dribble out while you're using the steamer. (Seems like no appliance company has been able to figure out how to stop that drip.) Other than that, it's a nice little iron.
Coming off a terrible experience with a **** Rowenta that leaked after 6 months - in a horrible way - I am loving this iron. Great quality, does everything it's supposed to do better than I expected. Using this iron could make ironing a hobby. It sure is making my sewing look great! Yep. Do yourself a favor. If you're looking for a quality iron, try the Singer Expert Finish.
This is my first iron I have purchased in over 30 years - my old one finally had enough. So I was afraid I would get a cheaply made iron. However, this iron is so light weight and has so much steam it irons all the wrinkles out very well. I am very happy with it and hope that it will last a long time. The design is good, heats up in a flash, and is overall a wonderful iron.
Its a smart iron. Stainless steel bottom is the only way to go for me, easy cleaning. I iron my clothes everyday no matter what it is... Even T-shirts. With that said i like to consider myself as an expert, haha. Anyways this iron is awesome. The lcd screen just makes it that much cooler. Read the description about the product, you get all the good for a low price, i paid $50 and its worth it. So the only thing i want to note that the description does not.... This thing is a Steam MACHINE! The steam is powerful and always on demand considering this iron seems to heat up in about 30 seconds or so.
This iron heats up fast and produces plenty of steam. It feels comfortable in my hand. I like the fact that there's a little cover where you pour the water in. Older irons were typically open and would allow dust to fall in. I don't iron a lot, so haven't used it a great deal so far, but I've had it for 10 months, and it certainly performs nicely.
Iron heats up quickly, and has good spray and steam feature, although decal covering dial which might be removable, makes it a little hard to see the setting seems very durable and works well especially like the auto shut off
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy quality, heats up quickly, and has good spray and steam feature
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very