I am not sure why the other reviewers did not like their screens and it made me hesitate before ordering but I went ahead and did so anyway. I chose this because of a mirror I have and was figuring it would be made out of the same type of wood (it was). The wood is a lightweight wood and not a dense heavy one but that has no bearing on quality. It does have a smell of cedar when you open it (which I find pleasant) The finish is a nice patina and the screen is sturdy though I did have to put one of those little felt stickers on one of the legs to make it even but to me that is a minor fix. The design is quite lovely and goes well in my home. Overall I am very happy with my screen.
I've purchased other room dividers in the past for about the same amount of $$ and they have been of great quality and build. This room divider on the other hand is a cheap piece of junk. It's almost as if it is lined with styrofoam. Same your money, time and the hassle, don't purchase it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this is very poor. Certainly not worth $200
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
These are highly priced for what you get but I can't seem to find all wood dividers for much less. They come with a very strong cedar smell that seems to be dissipating over time....if love cedar smell, great! For me, we'll see.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate