After using for a month, here is the review: Pros: - Nice pattern and loving it. - Affordable price comparing to all recliners in the market, esp with a nice look and pattern. - Since its not white but taupe color, even if i stained it, it wont be that noticeable. - Easy to assemble: after taking it out of the packaging, it only took me 5 mins to put the back piece onto the base and screw 8 nails into 4 legs without looking at the instructions. - My bf loves it and named it his king chair right after i assembled it even if he said the pattern is girly before i ordered it. Cons: - This recliner is not Black and White but Black and TAUPE, which doesn't fit my living room's color scheme but i like the pattern. - When reclining, i always afraid that the chair will flip over as it needs great amount of force to push the back to recline, but so far it didn't flip... yet. - The fabric seems too light weight for a daily use recliner and wondering how long it takes the corners of the sitting cushion will wear off just like all our fabric computer swivel chairs that have the sponge leaking out under our left thighs.
The chair came right on time, and the assembly was easy. It looks great! We have had the chair for one month. The fabric looks expensive and durable. It doesn't sag or wrinkle. We have two dogs that shed like crazy, but the fabric seems to repel the dog hair. It is wide enough for a man to sit/recline comfortably in it yet doesn't take up too much space in our tiny one bedroom apartment. It is so comfortable, and nobody ever suspects it is a recliner! This is not your dad's Laz E Boy! I would recommend this to everybody! Everybody who cones over compliments the chair.
I love this chair. A friend of mine in Dallas bought one and since I moved to Seattle, I assumed I was allowed to copy cat. It 's currently the only thing in my living room but I am also buying a sofa from O.com this week. It took 5 minutes to put together and is very sturdy. I get compliments on it all the time and highly recommend it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Chair color is more bone or off white than true white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A little stiff but very comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
My niece had a baby and wanted a comfy chair to relax in while she sat in the living room. I had this chair sent to her and she and hubby both LOVED it. I knew she had been searching the local stores for a black and white casual chair and was looking at upwards of $400. This chair is not only a great deal, but is a purchase that looks much more expensive than the Overstock price. Great find! Very classy design and well constructed.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Off white and black - not brilliant white.
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
The fabric is nice and overall makes the chair look classy. It is comfortable because you can sit straight if you like (I do), while still having your feet elevated. Reclining back is also comfortable, and I have fallen asleep once or twice. This chair was a very good value considering the cost.
I am impressed with the look of this chair and everyone thinks it is really comfortable. I don't think it looks small, it is a normal size wing chair. It does not feel extremely sturdy and I had some issues with one of the legs staying in like others. I think overall it is still a good deal for the price as I did not expect it to be top quality. I was able to clean a fairly large amount of blood off of it (my daughter had a bloody nose) and it did not leave a trace. I was shocked as I thought the chair would be ruined. The fabric has a slight quilted effect to it that I like.
Thank goodness Overstock is awesome and issues no hassle returns- because this chair is NOT awesome. Unless you factor in the awe of sitting down and thinking "Wow, I may as well sit on the floor." I seriously couldn't believe how low it was, it is really a chair for a 2-3 foot tall person. The chair did not close properly once reclined, scraped the floor when trying to close, and the fabric is CHEAP. RETURNED INSTANTLY!! Overstock gets 5 stars for customer service but this chair deserves less than one star.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black and Taupe- Not White
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accuarate
feels kind of wobbly. not super sturdy for bigger people. it is also a shorter wingback and may be too short for someone over 6 feet tall. i am not convinced that this chair will last a very long time. love the look of it, just wish I had more confidence in the durability.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Off white and black, not bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality fabric, but overall feels wobbly when accomodating a bigger person.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate description onsite.
This is definitely as pretty in person as it is online. However, the material is not good quality, just average; it looks as though it might tear or stain easily. The back is nice and high and it is comfortable. But the foot rest scrapes the ground when you try to fold it back up. Assembly was easy.
I guess I am one of the only people that actually received a black and white chair, rather than a black and TAUPE chair, which I would have prefered. Color aside, this chair is totally out of proportion. It sits very low to the ground like it is for minature people. The back just slides onto two flat-iron posts. it does not lock in, it just slides on, therefore you cannot move the chair by grabbing the back, it just pulls off. Apparently, they are selling this chair with different fabrics, as the fabric on mine is a very heavy woven fabric, almost a tapestry, and appears that it (the fabric) will hold up for a long time. Since I buy mainly after reading reviews, I found this product description to be deceptive in that the fabric, and color, is not consistent. It is also very small, but the stature is the worst part. I have a bed that some people would have to use a step stool to get up on. When you place this chair in the room where you can see both bed and chair, it looks like a child's chair. The operation of the recliner is very tentative - I would say if used daily it will last about a month as it just feels woobly, and as noted, the back is not really secure. I agree with the other posters that it is not consistent with what I have formerly believed of Overstock's quality products. Haven't return it yet, so cannot yet review the return procedure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black and white (gray base white) almost exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wow, awful! I can't believe I paid this much for this chair!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very, very poorly described.
As most that have written reviews... I am skeptical buying furniture or things that I cannot judge the quality of. I bought this with the hopes that (knowing the quality of the other chair I purchased with this) this would be not a bad chair. Shipping was quick. Box arrived without issue, arrived before my other chair that shipped 3 days earlier. Assembly: The chair arrived with no visible damage. The fabric is a good quality and well as the construction. The chair assembly is easy, the legs need to be attached then the back slipped onto the levers. This was fast and easy. The chair sits very nice and is a fully reclining chair. I do love the looks of the chair and how comfy it is. I have had a great experience with Overstock thus far.
We are happy with the product especially for the price paid. We bought it for our 14 year old daughter for her bedroom which is black and white. It looks perfect with her b/w theme. We accented the chair with a burgundy throw. She loves to read and reads sitting in her chair all the time. Its comfy (according to my daughter). We looked at other chairs which were much more expensive. The quality is good but not great, but for the price it is perfect and a great value. We bought the warranty just in case. We joke in our house that with this chair our daughter now will never leave her room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was not a true white but more like an off white (and black)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good not great but for the price it is perfect and a great value. The leg supports (that extend the chair) seem a little substandard but, for the moment, are working fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Bought this chair and was surprised when it showed up at my door 2 days later. Love the fast & cheap shipping and the chair is perfect! It comes in 2 pieces so there is some very simple assembly. It's a small recliner that is comfortable & does not take up a ton of room. Very pretty fabric too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Chair is just as they described
Quik delivery, easy to assemble (though instructions left much to be desired) It was just easy to figure out It's a small reclinier which is what I wanted but no 300 pounders please Was NOT disappointed with the pattern I have a very old cat who has taken over this chair & he is very discerning!