I have very little cabinet space and this cart not only looks fabulous in my kitchen but has alot of great storage for pans, bowls, table linens and much more. I love having the extra countertop space as well. Highly recommend this product. I put it together by myself which wasn't bad at all. I just needed my neighbors to carry up the box when it got delivered because it is over 100 lbs. :-)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as specified.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good for the price. And free shipping was great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I am very impressed with the service and the product. From when I first ordered the kitchen cart to it arriving in Australia was only a week and a half. We have just put it together and it looks exactly how it was described and wasn't to complicated to construct. I thought the shipping costs were reasonable and I will definitely be ordering from Overstock.com again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as it was described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was spot on
This definitely takes 2 people to put together and is a bit of a nightmare. But after all is said and done, it is a really nice cart. I purchased it for in the office. I have a microwave and a coffee pot on it; still leaving plenty of "countertop" space. I searched all over the web for the perfect cart or stand for my office and this one fits the bill. Seems very sturdy and looks great.
I read the description to the cart, had done some homework and I wanted a cabinet on wheels that offered two doors with shelves and a row or drawers. It arrived on time , you can always count on Overstock on shipping. The item was missing a few small pieces thankfully we had put together furniture before and had extra parts from previous projects. The quality is not what I expected for the price. its above average for most products you find today, but I think it was overpriced . I could have bought a vintage item for less money are had better quality. It looks good, rolls well but I would not over use it. Took several hours to put together and takes two people.
Unfortunately, although we now really like the unit it came with all hardware bags opened, which originally gave us concern about missing items - in fact we did have to purchase one item. The unit's base needed to be repaired before we could assemble the island. Obviously someone had returned this, which isn't so bad except for needing to nail and glue the base. Am I glad we have it? Yes. But just wish it had been 'new.' Also, just a little note - the drawers are too small to hold a silverware tray. Unfortunate.......
After reading the reviews for this product I decided to order because overall it sounded like it was probably difficult to put together, but a good value and decent piece of furniture once the effort was over. I wish that had been the case. First, the item came in a box marked "tile top" when I had ordered this because of the wood top, but it did turn out to be wood - just thought I'd share that info. When I opened the box, I found that many of the wood pieces were scratched or chipped, the hardware was all over the box because the bag it was supposed to be in had a whole in it and some pieces seemed to be partly assembled while others were not (i.e. the tracks for the drawers were already on some pieces, but not on others that were identical). Despite all of this, I took everything out, sorted the parts and then began to assemble. The pieces did not fit together well, some drawers were going to have gaps on the sides of them where the bottom should have fit flush to the wall. At that point I quit, called Overstock and asked to return it. It was really difficult to repackage and ship back because there are a million pieces and the box is really heavy. Overall I hated the product and instead bought TWO kitchen carts of much higher quality from ******* for roughly the same price. The only positive experience was with the team at Overstock. They were helpful with the return and refund of the product, which I appreciated after being so frustrated with the purchase.
This cart is exactly what my daughter wanted. It has lots of storage and gives much needed counter top work space. It arrived with one of the doors damaged, but the customer service was excellent and we were sent a replacement door in a matter of a couple of days. I would highly recommend this product and also purchasing anything from Overstock. They were very helpful with the cabinet door issue and I wouldn't hesitate to order again.
Overall I'm happy with it...it states it takes two to assemble but I did it by myself...the HUGE and severely frustrating problem was that mine was a return and there are nicks and dings on it, the parts bags were opened, pieces were mislabeled and letter code stickers were removed...in fact MANY of the letter codes were removed and stuck to a parts bag...basically someone bought it, tried to assemble it, and gave up and returned it...the MOST frustrating thing was that in my package were two right side door panels...how do I know? The spacing was 1 inch off on the left panel and the jig holes were at the bottom, while on the other they were at the top...I had to notch out the routered hinge spaces with my chisels and hammer...there was no way I was gonna take it apart and ship it back...I was in to deep...all that notching, measuring, etc added an hour to the assembly...the jig used to set the holes was off in many areas and the depth of the barrel nut holes were to deep making it difficult to line up with the bolt, although an ice pick through the bolt hole lined it up, and finesse with the bolt helped thread it...So as long as your kitchen island wasn't partly assembled by a playschool student with plastic tools and if it wasn't packed by a seeing eye dog you should be fine. The rollers in the drawers work nicely and it really is spacious inside...it looks good too.
The directions say it takes two to put this together and they are right. The only fault I have is that I had to glue several pieces together that came "preassembled" this added several days to the contruction and was annoying. When the piece was finally assembled it was really nice. This was a gift for my mother, she has a little pantry and needed more storage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This product is great - its a strong piece - if you're on a budget this will be a strong choice for the money!! We feel we got excellent value for money - the piece is sturdy, space is plentiful and the top is lovely. Not a carpenter-made item, but certainly good enough!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. "Good" quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I gave this as a gift to my daughter. She loved it and it only took a couple hours to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Reasonably easy to assemble. Great storage. Looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I bought this for my daughter and son in law to use in their kitchen. It was the perfect fit for what they needed at this's time. Which was more storage and some counter space. They bought a house and will not be redoing the kitchen right away ,so this kitchen cart will help ,until they are ready .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This product was a terrific buy for the money. The box arrives via fedex and i had to have my jusband help me carry it in the house - weighed over 100lbs. I qas able to put together mostly by myself with an extra set of hands needed here and there. There are a LOT of parts to this item, so be ready to commit a couple hours to the assembly. However, the drawers and doors are high quality and work well. We had very limited counter space and storage in our kitchen, but a large open area, so this island has been a perfect addition. We got the black unit with the butcher block too and it looks high quality. You would think it belonged in the kitchen other than the casters- which lock and aren't too noticeable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looked exactly like the pictures.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product is high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On site description was accurate
If you are OK with a tile top this is a lot of storage for the money. It solved my storage and work surface issues perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It came with a white tile top.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The dimensions and quality were as stated and it fits perfectly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I don't know what happened with the wood top. Mine was tile.
Took two people several hours to put together. Very difficult. Poor quality, many scratches on surfaces. "Butcher block" top was not real, was cheap and the finish was badly done. Thought I was getting a bargain but not worth even this low price.