we wanted a small kitchen area table and chair set - this is the best price and value we found even after shopping the local furniture stores. It really is well made and will hold even a 200+ person comfortably. there were no nicks or damage to anything - everything was well packed. we were pleasantly surprised. with two people it took a little more than an hour to put it together.
My 1st surprise was that that this product is real wood. Be prepared because the box is almost 100 lbs. Table was easy to build. The chairs a little more complicated. I would advise building the 1st one completely. Then build the last 3 assembly line style. Build backs1st, then fronts, attach, then add seats. You should save time. The only reason I did not give this a 5 was some of the parts were scraped up (Probably from shipping)
I am very impressd with the quality to value of this set. Very happy customer. Perfect for my breakfast nook. The chairs were a challenge to put together but once you pass assembling one the other chairs become easier. They are sturdy and so far holding up nicely. The table cleans up easily and has even stood up to a couple of poker games. Thanks "O", you did it again.
This dining set fits perfectly in my dining room. It matches the furniture and walls perfectly and is just the right size. The chairs were a bit tedious to put together(about an hour on the first and 45 min on the rest). Best advice , be patient and take your time, you will be rewarded. It has a very rich elegant look to it. I am very satisfied.
We just bought this dining set for our apartment dining room (which is fairly small), and it looks great!! It came very well packaged and shipped very quickly. In my opinion, the color of the chair seats is a little darker than they appear in the picture, which we liked even better. The table was very easy to put together, the chairs were a little more difficult. The first one takes forever, then the rest go a lot more quickly. Our one complaint is that a couple of the screws for the chairs were bent which made it difficult to use them, so have a few back-ups. We are definitely novices at furniture assembly, but it ended up being fairly easy. Overall, we LOVE this table!!!!
The table is the size of an average office desk. The picture shows 4 chairs around the table, but all 4 cannot be placed under the table at the same time. The chairs are so not sturdy. I wouldn't let anyone over 150 pounds sit on one. They are poorly constructed. Again I can't stress how inappropriate the size of the table is for dining. It holds 2 placemats & a small center piece ONLY. I would not want this set even if it were FREE!
purchasing this table was a HUGE mistake. I wish that I could turn back the clock and choose something else. I have lost count of how many times the screws have come lose, and this morning I see that a screw came out and is no where to be found and now the chair is wobbly.. Please save your money and spend it on another table
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
I've had this set for almost six months now, one of the chairs broke after regular use, another one has had it's cushion come off. The set is very small and flimsy, when I received it, I thought it was for children. I am very disappointed with this purchase, the table has not served our purposes at all. My wife ended up buying a used dining set locally for less than I paid for this set. The new set is bigger, made of wood, and a lot more sturdy. I would recommend that anyone looking for a new dining room set look elsewhere than here.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? cushions are darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product is a lot smaller than it appears
Don't sit in the chairs too long. These chairs are for looking at not sitting in. When putting together, I even took the time to gorilla glue every screw and dowel. Waste of time, the chairs have all broke away from the screws...Piece of crap...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I have now had this set for about 6 months. Originally when shipped one of the chair seats was broken, however it was quickly replaced without a problem. The seat part is very firm. the chairs have, with time become wobbly. I thought maybe the screws needed to be re-tightened, as I assembled it myself (took a while, maybe 4 hours to do on my own). Tightening the screws up did not help much though. the legs abut the support pieces, and are then screwed in; this is just not a super sturdy connection. While it is not terrible, it is not really a good choice for a table to be used every day. It does look nice in the room. The seats are darker than pictured in the add, but still an aesthetically pleasing color. Consider a different table and chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the wood color looks right, however the chair cloth is much darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
What you pay for is what you get. For the price, I feel it's a good quality. It's not a set you want to have the extended family over for Thanksgiving dinner, or even your every day breakfast, lunch and dinner and expect it to last 15 years. I use it more for decoration and the occasional get together and so far its suitable. The table is large enough to fit only four plates with no extra room to set dishes, gravies, centerpiece, etc. The chairs were a bit difficult to put together, but once you got through one, the rest were a breeze. The manufacturer forgot to include additional long screws and Overstock customer service did a commendable job of obtaining additional screws at no cost for me in a timely manner. As a craftsman, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!! The reason many people are probably experiencing broken chairs is because they simply aren't following directions. Don't replace the long screws with the short screws, tighten all of the screws after step 7 (actually tighten them until they don't turn anymore), put some elbow grease into it.
Very nice table. Because the table is on a hardwood floor, I was planning to attach cushions under each leg to protect the floor. I was pleasantly surprised that the legs already had plastic cushions.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color match was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality; very heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Bought this set for a small area in my kitchen and it fit perfectly. Quality was good and excellent for the price. Took a little time to put together, but it was good father son time :).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Table was a snap to assemble, chairs a little harder. All the parts were in the box none were damaged. Friends and neighbors like the look and price. Chairs are comfortable and sturdy. Like the fact everything is real wood, and assembled in the USA" Ha,Ha.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, don't know how the finish will hold up.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This table was part of my first big purchase on Overstock and I was nervous to see if what I saw was what I'd get. But I couldn't be happier with my buy! This product is AWESOME and I was happily surprised that it came stocked with all the tools necessary to put it together. I expected to need my own screwdrivers' etc to assemble it, but the item comes equipped with everything you need to assemble it yourself, unless you really want to use a hammer to knock in the dowels which I didn't personally need to do. Assembly instructions were very clear and detailed, but I found the item extremely easy to put together - In fact I don't think they could have made it any easier. Wish I'd bought the Overstocks extended warranty with this item because I like it so much I plan to keep it for as long as possible!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was just as I imagined.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality, The Microfiber is silky to the touch, the colors are just like the photo advertised however the paint was a bit thin on one little area on one of the chairs but goes totally unnoticed unless you're looking hard for any sort of imperfection. Well worth the buy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100% accurate.
This is the first time I have been disappointed by an Overstock product. The table and chairs have been assembled for two days and used once, and the table top is already scratched up in several places. The finish, while initially pretty, is clearly of very poor quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am disappointed that putting dinner plates on the table has already worn the finish.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate in terms of dimensions and appearance.
The table is perfect for our small dining space. The only thing to be aware of is that the chairs take quite awhile to put together (about a half an hour each.) Also, there aren't any materials provided to cover the hardware you use to put the chairs together. The finish on them matches the color of the chairs, but it takes a little bit to get used to. All in all, I would recommend this set to anyone-- great look and great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is just how it appears on the site-- it's true espresso.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I thought I was taking a chance on this table since it was only a bit more than $200. But I loved the look so much I thought it was worth it. And once my husband put it together, I was in love! The quality is impressive, and the table is the perfect size for any small dining space.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very-- no surprises.
I thought this set would be a real chore to build after reading the other reviews. In reality it took less then 2 hours for my wife and I to build it and we shared some tools and screwed up a couple of points. The pictures in the instructions aren't the best in the world and refer to a slightly different chair set but you can still figure it all out. The table and chairs are very good, but there are a few nicks and scratches that reflect the price you pay. Regardless, it seems pretty solid, looks good and the chairs are quite comfortable.
this dining room set was easy to assemble, but unfortunately within one week of assembly, two of the chairs broke from normal use. I would recommend buying else where!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very low quality chairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as much as necessary