Overall, I was quite pleased. Caveat: Be sure you have a good drill. The hardwood is VERY hard, and it's impossible to get the screws in when the drill holes are in the wrong place or not there at all. That is especially true of the seats, so as another person stated, be sure to position the seat carefully and be sure that it stays in place as you secure it with the screws. Otherwise, the assembly was easy. The chair is sturdy, and the color and finish are good. One seat had a slight scratch, but Overstock sent a replacement at no cost to me. I've always been satisfied when ordering from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product itself was excellent. Drill holes sometimes wrong or non-existent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We were very pleased with the chair we received, We purchased it for the desk in our son's room and it was the perfect color and finish to match his existing furniture. It looks as though it all came together from the same manufacturer. It was also priced right and was delivered promptly. It was easy to put together and was all solid wood of good quality. We couldn't be happier with this purchase.
I needed a comfortable wooden chair to match my desk (a light to medium Walnut Brown) and this fits the bill. It arrived packaged well and fully assembled...What more could you ask for right? I sat down and felt as though I'd owned this chair for years. It's well constructed and is well worth the price. I plan to get a lot of use out of it. Kudos to Overstock for selling a Great product at a Great Price! XOXO
The box seemed like the chair was going to be small but once they were put together they are a great size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Really close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very strong and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
We purchased four of these chairs to go with an antique tiger oak table. They worked great. The finish has a brownish-reddish tint, which works well with the tiger oak. We like the fact that these are all solid wood. These were simple to put together but a little tedious - some of the screws were in hard-to-access locations. These chairs have floor protector feet already attached which is nice. One seat had a rough blemish area on the seat but we were able to rub most of it out. There are a few small imperfections in the finish, but for the price they look great. If you are looking for perfection in the finish of each chair you may want to choose something else. The back legs of these chairs turn in, making the distance between the back legs smaller than the distance between the front legs. Because of this, the chairs can be a little tippy from side to side - so watch out if you have kids who like to play on the chairs...
I needed 4 very simple but nice wooden chairs to match a library table and found the Savannah Hardwood chairs. Hard to believe the table and chairs were not an original matching set. Easy to assemble. comfortable and sturdy. A great find.
The chair is very nice. It was a little difficult to put together by myself, but I got help. It is pretty comfortable and matches the desk very well. I put a store-bought cushion on it to make it a little more comfortable for long seating.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the chair is very durable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate.
Replaced four uncomfortable kitchen chairs with four of these sturdy well priced wood chairs. Easy assembly was a plus.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality sturdy chairs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
My husband and I purchased 6 of these for our breakfast table and have been very pleased with their quality and durability. We have had them for over a year now and have been very impressed with them. We have 9 grandchildren so they have gotten a lot of use that was not always gentle. They have held up remarkably well and I would definitely recommend them!