It looks good, easy to assemble. However, if you don't like having furniture that smells like a chemical toxic waste site, don't order this. Goodness knows what chemicals are used in the varnish or the wood itself, but they surely can't be legal or good for you (made in China, of course). I got an instant migraine when I took it out of the box, and I'm not being overly picky - I live with 2 dogs, 4 cats, lizards, chickens, etc. so I deal with stinkiness every day, but this is just toxic, Iit smells like a very powerful pesticide. It is still sitting outside as I am waiting, hoping the smell will eventually off-gas. Too heavy to send back. Very annoying.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? ok but TOXIC smell
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is an all wood piece, with the exception of one strip of MDF. This is not visible. It is CHINESE, so don't think it is something it is not. However, it is very elegant looking, with a deep rich finish. It was not difficult to put together, and the top is very heavy and quite substantial. The bottom, however, does not fully support the heavy top, so there is a small bit of wobble. Nothing major, but if you are funny about that sort of thing it may bug you. A very elegant design, though, at home in a simple, or fancy layout. You really can't beat the price for an all wood design like this.
I bought 2 of these to match a coffee table I had purchased elsewhere. I think they will be good occasional use tables. They arrived promptly but it took us a while to put them together....one of them wasn't drilled properly so we had to acquire a drill before we could complete the build. Also the glue that came with them was dried out so we had to buy some wood glue.
I ordered two of these tables, and they were delivered quickly! One had a broken shelf, and upon notifying overstock.com, a replacement was immediately shipped to me, no charge and no questions asked. I am very, very happy with the tables; they sort of look like craftsman/Asian style. The wood is real, and the finish is deep and rich. Great value for the money, and I am very, very happy with my purchase.
After having the table for approximately 1 month, I noticed side trim (made from pine veneer) on the top of the table was peeling off from the "solid wood" base. It looked awful & couldn't be repaired. I called Overstock & they immediately sent me a new replacement table top. Its a nice looking piece of furniture, as long as its assembled correctly (which is kind of a pain). I would have been satisfied with it, but for the peeling veneer trim. I was under the impression that the entire table was constructed from solid wood -- I missed the part of the description that clearly says "pine veneer" is used too. I had the table in a room with a fire place, & I don't know if that is what caused the pine veneer trim to peel off, but nevertheless, it shouldn't have occurred.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site appears to be more of a contrast of 2 different woods shades. The actual color, however, is ALL cherry--there is NO contrast.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Trim on top side of table peeled off after 1 month
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, but the color on the site is more of a contrast of 2 wood shades.
The table itself was attractive and the construction appeared sound. However, the odor was so profoundly noxious that I returned the item promptly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The construction appeared sound.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Bought about two years ago. Veneer now separates from table if you stare at it too long. Glue holds that area while another area comes apart. Especially bad around the edges of the table top. Rest of the table had to be somewhat twisted to get it to go together. Tables now are expensive printer stands in my home office.
I do like the style, so I'll keep it but I'll have to paint it myself to make it look like the picture. The base is actually lighter than the top opposite to what it shows in this picture. I ordered the end table first to see the quality before ordering the coffee table - I will not be ordering the coffee table. It came scratched and I had to stain it to fill the scratches.... you get what you pay for! As an end table it won't get heavy use (not like a coffee table) which is why I'm not returning it and not ordering the coffee table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the picture shows the top as lighter than the legs - well not so - looks like it was all sprayed the same color and the color is VERY inconsistent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems cheap
I ended up modifying the legs because they wouldnt fit on correctly. With the changes I made it works and looks ok. The wood looks good and for the price it will work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Poorly constructed. Poor alignment of holes for assembly, prepare to improvise.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
I have ordered many diverse things from Overstock, and recently ordered this table. Tthe first table i received was damaged with many minor defects. Overstock immediately sent me a new one, and this one arrived in perfect condition, and was very easy to assemble. I am very pleased with the tble, and with Overstoct customer service. PS. I recently saw this table locally (in a smaller version) for $50 more than I paid for it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. first table was not in good shape, but 2nd was perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I did not notice in the picture that the leg are narrow at the top and get wider on one side at the bottom. It took me a little while to get used to that, I felt like it looked backwards at first. I like the table! Perfect for what I needed.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I love this end table. I was searching for something that matched my World Market Hako media console in an espresso finish, and liked that the shelf on this table complimented the media console. The color is a bit more cherry than espresso, but still very pretty. Built well, solid. My only complaint is that the pre-drilled holes were not deep enough so my husband had to modify slightly to get the table together correctly. Overall a great find.