I love Overstock, but I hate this cabnet. The instructions were generic, screws were missing, the wood split in places, and the "white wash" paint job was sloppy. My husband put it together in only 4 short hours. Do Not buy this item unless you need a place to store your matchbox cars. The shelf height is short, which I knew. What I didn't know was that you can not remove any of the shelves to make more room. Stock up on bandaids for all the nicks and cuts you'll get. I wanted to return it but the hubby is bound and determined to use it for something after all his hard work.
Don't do it. I know this cabinet looks cute, and it seems like a good price for real wood. And maybe like me you are very experienced with assembling furniture, that's why I ignored the negative comments. Unfortunately the negative comments are absolutely accurate, and I am furious about the time I am having to put into this piece to make it workable. It's wood, all right, but it is many pieces of laminated wood with many, many obvious "finger joints", plus a lot of black blotching. The holes are too big for the dowels, and I used most of an 8-ounce bottle of glue to help stabilize this thing (glue not included). The cams (no extra) are pot metal and will crack if much force applied. There are an enormous number of pieces, which would be OK if you ended up with a solid product. But because there is only a cardboard back board, the sides are a bit wobbly even after I used metal braces top and bottom, so now I am going to have to get some plywood and screws and replace the cardboard back. I've spent hours painting this already to cover up the obvious joints and ugly wood. When I am finally done I will have a nice spice cabinet which is what I wanted this for, but something I bought to make life easier has been more hellish to deal with than the dressers I have built. Worst Overstock purchase I have ever made. Sad to say I have MDF pieces better engineered and designed than this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Honey color was comparable to image
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality wood and cam locks, lack of sturdy back leaves cabinet wobbly, many pieces
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Measurements were exact as listed.
Door shelves are functional,, but pantry is extremely small and short. Can only fit 3 soup cans on one shelf door. Pantry is also extremely difficult to put together with a lot of small parts, and the diagrams in the instructions are not very descriptive on top/bottom.
I purchased this pantry - first, I received the wrong color; I ordered the Oak, and received the color Sage. Assembling, its not really hard, but it takes a lot of guess work, the instructions are not that clear. The worst part, the storage space is really small, it was designed to store away cans and small bottles, nothing else. If you need a good food pantry with a lot of space to store food items, this is not it. There is not much you can put in it.I ddn't return it because I figured its not worth it, I would have to spend more money for shipping it back.
The quality of this unit is poor. Although the doors were put together properly, the hardware holding the parts slipped when the doors are opened, so they do not hang properly or open and close easily.The knobs were uneven; although the appearance is generally good, the uneven knobs make it look cheap.I would not advise that anyone purchase this pantry.
LOOKS GREAT WHEN ASSEMBLED. LOTS AND LOTS OF PIECES. SPREAD IT OUT AND TAKE YOUR TIME. USE A SCREW GUN IF POSSIBLE. IT LOOKS AS GOOD AS THE PICTURE BUT TAKE YOUR TIME. I ASSEMBLED ONE OF THE DOORS WRONG AND HAD TO DRILL NEW HOLES FOR THE HINGES. (NO ONE HAS NOTICED MY MISTAKE) EVERYTHING IS GLUED TOGETHER AND ONCE ASSEMBLED IT DOES NOT COME APART :o)
This product took about 2 hours to put to together and it is cheap and flimsy. I had all the parts and they were labeled, otherwise, I would never have been able to put this kit together. The instruction kit was only pictures, and extremely poorly written. This product was made in China and cheap. I would not recommend this to anyone.
First of all I thinik this product is way too small and doesn't hold much like a pantry should. It was all scratched up when we received it & took about 2 hours to assemble. When we finally assembled it, we noticed that the pantry rocks when you touch it (doesn't sit flat). I am definitely returining this product.
The product was very difficult to assemble as it is held together with grommet type screws that hold the bolts. The tops of the grommets were easy to strip and they had to be redone over and over again. It took a week to finally get it assembled and then it fell apart when we moved it into the specific area. The instructions are only pictures and are fair bu the difficulty is not worth it. Eventually it will have to be redone and perhaps glued as well as treated with hammer and nails. We assembled several other sets of furniture between started because this one was so difficult.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The instructions were not very well designed and there were a couple errors with numbers. Assembly took almost four hours with a couple minor breaks. Two of the shelves were not drilled for pin placement, so I had to drill and position as required. The plastic holders/pins for the adjustable shelves continually fell out and I will have to try and modify that due to the fear that they will not properIy hold items placed in them. I feel the price for this particular item is overpriced for the quality. If I were in a store to buy this item with it already assembled, I would not purchase the item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I would consider the product medium in quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accuate.
Already removed from service, its awkward and wobbly so there is always a chance when you get in it that things on the center shelf will fall out. Keep in mind, we have a large family with 5 children. It may be fine if your storage pieces take less abuse, but if you have a large active family, this is not the item for you. I am using it for cosmetic storage in my bedroom at the moment and it is okay for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I ordered this pine cupboard, because of the unique shelves on the doors and specifically to use for spices, cooking wines and things of that nature. The measurements are accurate and it was not difficult to put together, if you take things one step at a time, using a drill and gluing the dowels. Yes, it does take some time to put together, but once together it is a nice looking cabinet and holds a lot, as long as you are not under the impression that it is a full size pantry. I plan on adding to it, by having the husband build a 24 inch cabinet extension on the bottom, for cans of broth and other things, with 2 shelves. This will bring my spices and cooking needs eye level and keep it all in one place. This is a great cabinet and sturdy, with a lot of storage space for the right things, with fast shipping time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate Discription
Far too many pieces and parts to figure out with a diagram that left us guessing at times (not perfectly clear). As a result, our kitchen pantry is somewhat wobbly and some parts do not fit properly. It looks good, but that's about it. This pantry is also too small. Shelf space is extremely limited (you can fit 3-4 average-sized cans on one shelf). Bottles (oil, vinegar, etc.) are usually too tall for the shelves in the cabinet and inside the doors. We should have opted for the larger, taller version. Too late!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair to good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
i got one that fitts the description of the product.real wood n solid.i use it for mostly cans and i put it next to the refrigerator
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? like it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. real wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? i got one that looks better
My disappointment parallels the reviews I read after the fact. Despite reading and even measuring my space, I was surprised at how small the cabinet was, how long it took to put together, and how small the shelves were. I ordered two and sent one back. However, the one I assembled works really well for my daughter's small toys--if you have a kid into organizing lego or knex or playmobil this is perfect, because it creates a "store" where she can take toys in and out easily. We'll see how long the organization lasts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I needed a small cabinet I could use as a kitchen catch all. It took be about 3 hours to assemble, but I was cooking dinner and watching TV. I used a drill with an Allen tip to tighten everything, which made things go a little faster. Be careful on your torque! This cabinet is so cute. I did eliminate some shelves so I could store larger items. Fits well in a small space and a "15 flat panel TV sits every well on the top. Excellent but for the money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on point!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, sturdy product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On target! Use a tape measure to ensure the size is right.
I really like my pantry but it will help out a lot if the actual size is visible next to the product. I am happy with my product thou. Thanks to overstock, I am starting to change lots of stuffs in my house slowly
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is outstanding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the actual size was not visible