I ordered this item online during the memorial day sale and was really excited, until it got here. The instructions are horrible, the item was damaged and it was set up to face the wrong direction (aka one of the pieces has been drilled wrong). One of the wood pieces was missing holes. I complained to overstock and they actually really took care of me, they sent a new one out and it's much better, no damage, but still an average product. The instructions once again where still crap but by then i knew by heart how to put it together. I feel like i got what i paid for when i bought it on sale. You may want to invest in something slightly more expensive it may be slightly better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mediocre
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? meh
not easy to assemble and really cheap. you get what you pay for. not something you'd want for an office but great for a teenager or college student
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not the best
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? so-so
The desk assembly instructions were a bit unclear but I was able to put it together. The frame seems pretty sturdy with lighter weight on it but I would imagine it would be a little wobbly if a heavy monitor was on it. The three pieces of the top of the desk do not fit flush to each other, but to us, that was not a huge diaappointment. The desk fits great in the corner we have it in and gets plently of use. We use it at a business, not a house, so it had stood up to prolonged use. We are overall, impressed with our purchase. It is a great value for what you pay.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the wood matched what was showed online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is what you would expect for what you paid. I would not want something very heavy on the desk, as I fel it is slightly unstead with heavy pressure on it. However, for a general desk it is very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The decription, including measurements, was accuarate.
I use this desk daily when I work from home. It is a great size and is very functional. The only downside is they don't hold up during moves from house to house,they aren't constructed of sturdy enough material for that. If you are planning on putting this desk together and leaving it in one place I recommend this desk.
I love this desk for all the space it provides. It's been a great asset to me now that it's set up. However, the actual assembly process was rather difficult. Power tools will be a must!! And the edges don't fit together perfectly level, but that's not been a problem for me.