We purchased the shelf for my son's room to store books. It took about 45 minutes to put it together but the instructions were simple to follow. We chose not to attach it to the wall although the screws needed to do this are provided. My son is enjoying accessing his books from all 3 shelfs and the unit is right against the wall so pretty much out of the way. The blue is close to the blue on his wall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close
I purchased this some time ago as a Christmas gift for my granddaughter, who is three. It is not a piece of furniture to be used in a child's room. It literally leans against the wall and is not sturdy and falls over at a touch. This is way too expensive and poorly made to be in a child's room...EVER. It is also VERY small. Don't waste your money. I had to go to a local store and immediately purchase something else. I gave this overpriced piece of junk to a local charity collection. If I had not purchased so long ago for Christmas, I would have returned it for my money back, but Overstock would not take it.
Shelf as advertised. No muss, no fuss. Keep in mind that the way this shelf system works is by leaning against the wall, so make sure your kid isnt a climber or make sure he/she understands that it wont support their weight. I have mine conveniently placed away from all tempting surfaces such as the bed and the dresser :)
I was very pleased with this product! All parts were easy to assemble and no damages were to the item. My son will be two in August, and it's perfect for his height. The wood glue that came in the package was dried. Good thing I had some in my drawers! The assembly on the last step was a little tricky but I was able to figure it out.
It is small, only till my waist, the shelves are very narrow. My kids are 3 and 1, it is perfect for them. It is easy to put it together, I did it all by myself. It can be screwed to the wall, but I didn't do it. It is pretty sturdy and heavy, so the kids can't tumble it down, even if they lean on it.
I really like the look of these shelves. It was very easy to put together. Only took about 10-15 minutes and I did it alone. HOWEVER, things would have gone a lot faster had I not needed to hunt down a new screw. One of the screws they sent in the package didn't have the ridges imprinted, so it wouldn't turn. I was pretty disappointed that the shelves were discolored, as well. It's not super noticeable, but still... Overall, I'm happy with the way it looks in my daughter's room, but was disappointed with the quality of the parts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A couple of the shelves are discolored. They're more yellow than white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the materials seems fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It looks exactly as I imagined it would...aside from the discolorations.
Thank you for the fast shipping ! This was packaged nicely and Looked The same in person as It did online!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
The product is very nice and a great value. The color is not as bright white but when it is covered with books it doesn't really matter. I would highly suggest this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is off white not bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very nice and the shelf is sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description except for the color.
I bought this for my nephews boys, it took the clutter out of their room and looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Overall these shelves were VERY small and shallow and not sturdy enough to hold up in kids rooms. Will be reordering something else to replace them
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue was actually more of a perwinkle/lavender - the pink was right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the materials themselves were sturdy enough
Great shelves! I actually bought 2...This 3-shelf one and the other in the 4-shelf style. Nice little shelves and stores quite a bit but I gotta tell you, for the money I spent on the both of them, I could have really researched and bought the raw material and made the same things myself! The wood is beyond cheap, almost fiber-board. The hardware pretty sad, used my own screws to strenghten the item as a lot of the screws just seemed to spin when I was trying to tighten it down. Overall, if I really wanted to get another one of these, I would get the measurements from the ones I have and buy the material. Totally not worth it!
It's very cute and my 3 year daughter likes it and we are overall happy with it, but considering the material and the quality of the shelf, I woudn't say it's a very good bargain. One of the wooden sticks that are supposed to be put into the holes was too long, we have to cut it to the right size. No other problems in assembly. I didn't want to drill holes on the wall to mount it, and our daughter is old enough not to try to climb it, so we just glued some rubber sheets underneath the feet to increase friction between the feet and the the wood floor, it works surprisingly well.
I bought this shelf for my daughter's bedroom. It comes in a lot of pieces, and is not the easiest thing to put together if you're by yourself. But once it is assembled, absolutely adorable! It fits great in her room, and has ample space to fit many books. Great price too!