I ordered this item as well as the 3-tier shelf (also pictured) on monday and received them on Thursday of the same week.I put them both together myself (took an hour for each) and they look amazing. The smaller one will be used as a shoe-rack at my daughter's closet since it is kind of narrow. However, the bigger one is perefct for her room and I will be ordering a second 4-tier-shelf in a few days.
I was excited to get this cute shelf for my daughter's room, but was quickly disappointed in the shelf color. They are not white as stated. They are a definite shade of vanilla. So not only will I need to spend the time and money to repaint them, but I am not very happy with the price I paid for the shelf and the value I got. These are only worth half the price at best, in my opinion. My other observation while assembling is that this shelf doesn't really seem suitable for a child's room. I have the feeling my children will ultimately attempt to climb the "ladder", and I worry that the anchors are not going to hold. I also regret buying this since it is not safe without anchoring it to the wall, so it doesn't offer any flexibility in rearranging the room. I have to be SURE about where I want to put this shelf before we anchor it to the wall. We are at the point right now where my daughter will be getting a twin bed or possibly bunkbeds very soon since she is outgrowing her toddler bed, so the layout of her room will change. I sort of have to wait until we reach that point before we attach this shelf to the wall. I wish I would have bought something more mobile.
This 4 tier shelving unit for a kids playroom or bedroom is just perfect. I got it for our grandsons' bedroom. It looks fantastic. I have had several people even ask where did I get such a cute shelf for kids. What I like about it is that you can see right away it is for children the way it is designed. It is sturdy and will hold just about anything. Also the fact that you secure it to the wall makes me feel good because then I know they won't be able to tip it over if they pull on it. I looked on alot of sites for a kids shelf unit and I am so glad I decided on this one!!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered this in blue and the blue is exactly what was pictured online!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The way this is put together is extremely strong and well built. No problem of tipping over either because it comes with two hooks to attach it to the wall to make it secure.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This looks just like the picture and description listed on the site. It looks even better than the picture.
I ordered these after reading the reviews so I knew what to expect quality wise. Having said that, this was just a bad purchase all around. When I tool them out to put them together, they were scratched and banged up. I figured it didn't matter because they would have books on them and be placed in the playroom for a few years before we tossed them. After putting them together (which was fairly easy), I put them in my daughter's playroom and filled them up. A few days later I noticed a strange and unpleasant odor coming from the playroom. We just moved into the house so I knew it wasn't old food or garbage. Finally, I realized that the odor was the book shelves!!! Not sure if it was the paint or whatever board they used but it was AWFUL. These shelves are in the basement waiting to be picked up and returned.
From the day I placed my order the shelf arrived in 2 days. I purchased it for a baby girls nursery & its perfect for that. I have the 4 tier pink/White which is actually pink/cream. I've been searching for an ivory shelf & it has been difficult to come across. Even though the description said white I chose to go off the reviews instead which said it was more cream..thank goodness, they were right & it looks perfect. For the price this is a great product & I would buy it again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is ivory not white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good. Its smaller then i thought it would be.
I bought this shelf for my daughter's stuffed animals. After my husband's work of putting pieces together, his comments is: very poor quality and the board cann't even hold the screws. But it is a good looking shelf and functional only with light-weight stuff.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap material
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The shelves actuall sizes are smaller than what I expected from the picture view. The quality is not very good, but the color is nice. My husband didn't like them and wanted me to return, but the kids love the color so we kept them for kids to put their craft projects.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurated
I ordered this book shelf for my nursery. It is not a true white but more of an off white in color. The quality of the book case is average...I'll be interested how it wears and tears. The only thing I will complain about is that it has a very strong odor to it. Once we put it together, we had to put it outside to air out for a couple days. Overall, a decent product for the price.
Nice book case for the money. Took about an hour to put together by myself. Only drawbacks: There is a bad odor coming from the paint finish. I had to open windows to air out. The finish is not white. It's like an off white or beige color. Recommended to be anchored to the wall so its not totally freestanding.
If I had gotten this and it was properly described, I would be ok with it. The reason I only gave the product three stars was for two main reasons: 1) I purchased the white shelf, and it was as far from white as one could possibly get. It is a very heavy ivory, almost the color of banana pudding. If you are looking for true white, do NOT order this. 2) I ordered the four tier shelf, and received a three tier shelf. Frankly, once the box was opened and I pulled out the parts, it was not worth the hassle to reload the box and send it back for what I paid. I will keep it (if I can figure out how to put it together) but I'm disappointed that I did not get what I ordered.
We bought this for our toddler girl room, and we love it! It's darling. I like that I can put things on the top shelf that I don't want my child to reach, but can put books and toys on the bottom shelves so she can help herself to whatever she wants. It's a win-win!
The quality of the finish is awful. Areas on the shelves appear to have little to no paint. It appears to be dirty however it is just lack of paint. Scuff marks and nicks throughout. Easy to put together and sturdy once erected. Missing two screws overall. Grade would be a solid D.
I purchased two of these for my son's nursery and they are so cute. Pretty easy to assemble too. I use them for displaying photos and books, and they are really cute - perfect for a nursery.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Great mounting wall unit i have all my favorite's Sons staff on it love it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. execelnt
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old girls and it fits perfectly in their room. It was easy to put together. However, it is alot shorter than I thought it would be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was lighter pink than the pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We are happy with it and the color isn't a problem for us (we don't know if we are having a boy or girl), but if you want a sky blue color-- this isn't it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just a warning, it is NOT sky blue-- ours is periwinkle!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good-- some of the shelves had scratches, but overall it is fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate aside from the color