Disappointed. When it arrived, one of the wooden supports under the table had come loose and the screw actually splintered the wood a bit. I fixed that. But, the table wasn't nearly as attractive in person as the photo looked. I think it looks cheap. I expected a black table to show dust, but this also shows fingerprints A LOT. I wouldn't purchase it if I had it to do over.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was black as described
We were disappointed when our table arrived and one of the side supports was broken. The legs for the table had been strapped to the bottom of the table top and had come loose during shipping. The loose legs then banged the side of the table and broke the support. We did not wish to go through the hassle of returning the table, so we repaired it as best we could and kept it. The legs are wood and the rest of the table is fiberboard. It looks OK, but the quality is poor. We were not looking for fancy, so we will make it work. We wanted a black table, and it fit the bill.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match on the black color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Only the legs are made of wood and the table top and supports are cheap fiberboard
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate on the product look, but not the quality.
I bought this table as a simple stop-gap during a comprehensive home renovation, and to replace a folding card table for daily meal use. If I wasn't already planning to throw this table out or re-sell it on craigslist for a massive loss, I would send it back. Expectations were low, and they were barely met... The table is black, not "espresso" dark brown. No part of the table is solid wood, except the legs. The top and aprons are MDF. The finish is satin. Not glossy and not totally flat. There are runs to the finish on the underside and on the apron bottoms. Clearly it was sprayed on, and with little care. Inh short, I paid $$$ for a temporary table for family of four, and I'm OK with that. If I had plans for using it longer than 2-3 months I would definitely purchase a different table. I expect it won't hold up against my two young kids and daily use for very long.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Description says "Espresso". Packaging says "Black". It is black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Only the legs are solid wood. The top and side aprons are all MDF. One of the aprons was split on the bottom edge.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Size was accurate. Everything else is largely incorrect.
I ordered this table to replace a smaller black table that I had also purchased from Overstock. The leather parsons chairs I have and also bought from overstock, fit perfectly around this table. For the price you cannot beat it! There is a flaw on the table top. There is a screw coming through the top of the table which is noticeable. I will just live with it. I do keep a tablecloth on the table so that does cover up the flaw. I would recommend this table for anyone looking for an inexpensive dining table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. There is a screw almost coming out through the top of the table. I was able to cover it with a table cloth however was disappointing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is spot on.
This table was a great purchase. It's a good size for four people (you could maybe squeeze six, but you wouldn't have much arm room!). Both the types of chairs I bought fit perfectly under. It seems to be good quality and was easy to assemble. A word of warning: it comes in a 5 ft x 4 ft (ish) box, and it weighs about 80 pounds. You'll want some help getting it moved inside!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought the table based on majority of the reviews being positive. I have not yet regretted the decision! Very easy to put together (just the legs). I don't have the hand strength to tighten the bolts; however, my boyfriend went back and fixed it for me. But I did it as tight as I could and it was fine, but he's crazy and kept shaking the table on purpose and went back to tighten the legs again. VERY strong and stable table. The color is black and does show oil/residue marks from food easily; however, wipes off very nicely. Looks great in my apartment dining room. I have pictures, but I don't know how to upload with my review. :S
I needed a second desk that would double as a worktable for sewing and fiber projects -- this did the trick. The design is simple, straightforward and unobtrusive. Assembly was easy. The price was low for such a sturdy piece. Recommend.
I am satisfied with my large table. It seats 6 comfortably. Does show some fingerprints, but I have a tablecloth on it so for me that doesn't matter. It is a good size for my apartment. It matches my small china cupboard & buffet, which are black and I have black chairs.
This is a good piece of furniture for the money. The table top was, however, cracked from one end to the other. I just patched it with wood filler and put a table runner across the crack...good enough for my purposes. I have ordered another one for my second home. Will update this when I see how that one arrives. Had it arrived undamaged it would have been a 5.