I really like this table; however, packaging is very flimsy. The table was received with a dinged corner, as well as a ding on the edge. This table was purchased as a "play" table for my grandson to assemble his lego's on. I did not return it, even though Overstock.com has a friendly return policy. It is destined for some rough use and the dings are not really important for my use; but, would be undesirable for other uses. The packaging issue should be addressed, as I noticed this seems to be a continuing theme in the reviews. The table is sturdy and quick and easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly what I expected based on the description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this table is good for the price. It is an simple, attractive item.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the table was accurate.
The product would have been great, had it been packaged properly. When it was received the packaging and tape where coming off and the box was falling apart. The table arrived damaged with several nicks, dents and damage to the edges, corners and middle of the table. Average costs, average quality and very easily damaged.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is decent for the price, but it is easily nicked, dented and damaged - the table arrive with several nicks and dents - but more of a hassle to return than keep.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I'm broke! Like most people are, and this table was really the bang for it's buck. I wanted a bigger table, and this one was the perfect size. So easy to put together, took all of 15 mins. I didn't even need to use the instructions. The table really looks great. It's sturdy, easy to clean, and very sleek and elegant. Only this I would say is to remember to use a coaster for your drinks as there is a veneer over the woods so it might leave rings! Recommend this table by far though!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than expected!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect!
The first one arrived damaged in transit, however the customer service was superb; they sent a replacement right away. It is a very nice table, a breeze to put together. It looks great with the 4 leather chairs I purchased earlier! Thank you Overstock!
Great buy for the money. Large, stable dining room table. One drawback is that the top if very heavy and you cannot lean the weight of the top on any single leg to leverage it up without threatening to snap the leg joint. You must lift it up by the heavy top and place it firmly on four legs and it is a wonderful piece of furniture, unbeatable for the price.
Table came with scratches on two sides of the table top support pieces, near screw holes connecting the sides to the top. They look like someone had slipped with an electric screw driver, leaving jagged gouges in the wood. But worse is one corner support that the legs screw into was split in two. I had no way of knowing this before opening the box. Now I an stuck with a damaged table. First Overstock purchase I have been disappointed with.
We spent hours assembling the chairs that go with this table only to take the table out and find the corner bashed in! Clearly this was due to handling either through delivery or shipping (one lonely guy delivered the table!). Trying now to work things out with customer service as the table is no longer in stock!
I LOVE this table!!! I cannot imagine my dining room without it. It's very nice, sturdy & functional. I have a bench & 4 chairs to go with it. I bought 2 sets of the Bettega Parson chairs & the Rubberwood Cherry Finish bench. What I paid for everything was a lot less than most of the sets I've seen. I wish I could upload a picture.
Should have read other reviews first: table is NOT 'solid rubberwood' as listed, the top is clearly MDF. (legs are solid wood.) It looks OK, at least right out of the box, but is a much lower-quality table than I thought I was buying. Plus I am still trying to figure out how to get all the staples out of the bottom of the table where they attached the box of legs/hardware.