I ordered the country chairs to go with a new table that I just bought and they matched perfectly. I love these chairs because they are sturdy and pretty. I am kind of a heavy lady and they are just great. I feel confortable and safe in these chairs.
Previous reviews indicated these are sturdy chairs even for a larger person. They do feel sturdy. The only concern I have is the front legs have a normal width and as the picture shows, has a slight flair at the bottom. The back legs are actually narrower. It isn't a huge difference but enough that our 9 yr old who has a hard time not tipping on chairs has had it slip out from under him twice because of the narrower legs in the back. Fortunately this was on carpet and hopefully will teach a lesson. When I sit on it and lean to the side to grab something off the floor I feel like it could slip, but it hasn't. We bought 6 of these chairs and they went together well when using the proper tools. They look very nice and we are happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is fairly accurate. The stain is lighter than what we used to have so the difference might have been my mindset.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These feel sturdy and the paint is well done. The underside peices that go against the chair (not really even seen if you turn it over, are not painted with 2 coats.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate
I ordered two packages (four chairs total). The packages were delivered quickly. On opening one of the packages and examining the pieces, I found that one seat had something spilled on the underside and on an edge, which would be visible after assembly. Also, there was a defect in the wood of one rung (on the top, where it could be seen). The hardware bag (paper) was torn, allowing some of the washers to spill into the carton, and, given how the carton was sealed (or not sealed), they could have slipped out during shipping. Fortunately, I did manage to find all the washers in the carton. My biggest concern, however, was the lack of any instruction sheet for assembly. The only "instructions" were stickers on some of the pieces indicating "left" or "right." Having recently assembled some similar chairs (with instructions), though, I managed to figure it out. The other package also had no instruction sheet, so this was not a fluke. After assembling the frame of one chair, something did not look right, and on comparing it to a chair assembled from the first package, I realized that the side rails had been mislabeled as to left and right, so I had to disassemble and reassemble it. The other pair of side rails also was mislabeled. The chairs have nylon glides on the legs. Some of them were not pounded in completely, and one had the nail head (which should be embedded in the nylon) exposed. I wound up removing the glides and replacing them with adhesive felt pads. I consider the assembled chairs to be of marginally-acceptable quality (sturdiness and finish) and would not recommend this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. See review
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
These chairs replaced four that came with my dining room set. The original chairs were heavy with thick maple wood seats. The first thing I noticed when picking up the boxes the chairs came in is that they seemed very light, once assembled they are obviously not the same quality as what came with me dining set but they seem to be adequate and they are attractive chairs. Assembly was easy and after the first one I had things went quickly. I saw a couple other reviews that mentioned nails sticking out through the sliders on the bottom of the chairs and one of mine did have a nail protruding. I didn't notice it during assembly and only found out when it wouldn't slide on my floor because it was gouging into the linoleum, I definitely recommend checking them well before putting them on your floor. Overall I'd recommend these chairs for an inexpensive and attractive option however spending a bit more would likely get your more durability and be a better value in the long run.
Great buy, put them together in my office and everyone who came in sat on them and loved them. Comfortable and sturdy, well worth the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
Once assembled, they look nice and are very sturdy - however be warned, it is not an easy assembly job. There were quality defects with one of the metal inserts, The screws to secure the front of the seat of the chair are too short and the holes drilled there don't serve any purpose and in fact make it more challenging once you find your own right-sized screw. The head of the allen bolts are too soft and strip when trying to tighten. If I had not had fairly advanced knowledge and power tools, I would have had to return the chairs. If you are very advanced in assembling ability, once done you will find the chairs to be very attractive, sturdy and as shown in the picture, but it's not an easy path to get there.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The assembly of the product was impossible without fixing manufacturing quality problems and without power tools.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? You must use other tools to assemble, it is not self contained in the box.
great match for the country cottage dinning set. it was easy to put together and the quality is impressive. price is very reasonable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Ordered 4 chairs to match existing table, and they look better than expected and match perfectly though different manufacturers. Easy instructions and loved that they already had rubber tips under the legs to avoid floor scratches. Chairs were delivered within 3 days of order!! Love Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for everyday use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I purchased 2 sets (4 chairs) in each set one of the chairs was broken on the back rest. I like the chairs otherwise because they were the right color, style and very sturdy. I had to glue, clamp and paint both of the damaged areas. You can still see a little of the damage on the back of one chair but overall they look very nice and hold up quite well to someone who has a little excess weight. If your not handy in fixing things I would not buy these chairs.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Except for the damage, ok
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
The chairs were a little difficult to put together but not overly hard. We are pleased with the quality and sturdiness of the chairs. The white paint is even and feels durable. The design is nice and the chairs are comfortable. They match a table I already had and the price was very reasonable. Overstock shipped immediately.
Bought these to replace NEW chairs that came with my expensive dinette set. The original chairs were clumsy, had rollers which were unstable and soiled easily. These new chairs are sturdy, look great and are easy to clean. Only problem was that they are somewhat difficult to assemble and (as some of the other reviewers commented), the screws are a tad too long and tend to come through the legs.
I bought 4 of these chairs for go with my pricey Amish natural maple wood and glass kitchen table. They were a perfect fit and look like everything was purchased as a set. When one set arrived, 2 of the 4 chairs were damaged, but Overstock made it right by replacing the damaged part. They have a ample and comfortable seat and good floor protectors on the legs. I can recommend this as a good option for less formal service as in kitchens.
I ordered these chairs to replace a set of 6 old ones. I wasn't expecting tremendous quality but hoped they were fairly sturdy and ordered just 2 at first to check them out. When they arrived I opened the box and laid out the pieces to be sure I had everything. It wasn't Ethan Allan, but wasn't Fingerhut either. I was pleasantly surprised as they were better then expected. The directions weren't too hard if you take the time to study the pictures before you begin. The spreaders force the curved back legs apart from the straight front ones and create a tension that keeps the chair feeling very sturdy. One drawback is that the seat is only held on by 3 smallish screws inserted at an angle. I can foresee them coming loose if they're heavily used on a daily basis. However, the design would easily allow a simple fix to reinforce the seat with small brackets or even glue should that occur. For $** a pair they were great for what I need them for. I had one slight problem - a cross threaded bolt that wouldn't thread. I called O and they sent a replacement out. If you have a problem make sure you call the number from the website and NOT the one with the instructions. The instructions phone number was apparently from the importer and rang a number that only told you the mailbox was full. The Overstock.com customer service number was answered quickly and soon I was talking to a HUMAN! It's getting harder to get that anymore. I ordered 4 more to complete my set.
These chairs are easy to assemble, even for me ( a fumbling senior citizen). They look real nice in my kitchen. They are slippery on my hard wood floors, but not enough to reject them. They are easy to keep clean, just wipe them down with a damp cloth. I love them and would recommend them to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Customer service at overstock is terrific! Problem was addressed and solved within minutes. Have you overstock before and I am always recommending them to my friends!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. there were chips in the paint..but new ones were sent immediately
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I purchased 6 of these chairs and then turned around and ordered 2 more to go with a long white harvest table that I have. They look great with this table. After the first chair was put together, it was a snap to put the others together. I added red cushions to the chair to give it a soft, country charm look. I really like them for the fact that they are sturdy, do not take up all the table leg room as some chairs do and that the seat area will hold heavier built people. Nice chair, not overly big, but would fit most people.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A good quality especially for the price. Not too heavy to pick up and move, but very sturdy!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was accurate and I was pleased with the size, paint, and sturdiness once put together.