I was a little suspicious. I didn't think I'd get quality chair for the price paid. It was an experiment for me. I'm quite pleased and will be buying two more as soon as I can.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality. No blemishes. Durable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I ordered 2 sets (4 chairs). They were very easy to assemble and look perfect at my kitchen table. They aslso arrived very quickly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy chairs at a great price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
The chairs are good enough for what I ordered them for and for what I paid. They are pretty and somewhat comfortable. After I figured out my own way to get them full together, they look okay. Not super high quality, but better than Ikea.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's okay. It is real wood, and fairly sturdy, but the painting is subpar with some drips and gouges. Also there are three holes in the frame but only one in the seat. This does not make for easy building.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good.
These are nice chairs and they look good in my dining room. I gave it 3 stars for 2 reasons: 1, I ordered 3 sets of 2 of these, and one of them arrived with a completely broken back piece. Overstock customer service was very responsive and sent us a new back piece, but it did take a couple weeks. 2, when we putting the chairs together, a lot of the holes were not pre-drilled so it was pretty tough screwing them in. It was doable, and they turned out fine, but why would they pre-drill only half the holes? Just seems odd. In any case, now that they are all together and in good shape, I like them a lot!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, once you get them put together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Shipped in time. They look beautiful with our Ronan Table from Pier 1. I definitely recommend these chairs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched very well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great, however, there were two small cracks found in two different chairs. Not worth sending back but a little disappointed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
As other reviewers have noted, the assembly directions leave a lot to be desired. Trying to get the dowels between the front and back sections after that assembly step is next to impossible. I undid the assembly, inserted the pieces, and reattached the front to the back. When I got to the seat, I thought I was using the wrong screw sizes. I checked Overstock reviews and realized that I was using the correct screws. The problem is they are too short and the longer screws are too long. Also, since there are no predrilled holes on the sides of the seat, one has to be very careful that the seat is accurately positioned. I'm not sure these are going to last. During assembly I found myself using a black sharpie to cover all the areas where the paint had already worn off. In retrospect, I should have gotten a better quality chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay
I frequently buy furniture I have to put together myself and generally don't have an issue but these chairs were more challenging than most. The seat wasn't predrilled and trying to line up the seat where it should be to try and drill the holes to match up where it attaches to the chair was not a one person job. Maybe mine were defective but I ordered 3 sets and all were like this. Perhaps a two person job to put together or advice to the manufacturer to predrill the seat itself.
Purchased 4 of these chairs for my mom's kitchen. Not difficult to put together, myself and my sister did 4 in about an hour. Few nicks we covered with a black marker. Look perfect in her home and will only get light use. I wouldn't recommend for heavy use. Excellent value for the price.
They are EVERYTHING I hoped they would be! Easy to assemble, stylish, easy to clean, DURABLE, definently black in color but mix well with my cherry table! don't be afraid to REALLY tighten the screws and make sure the seat is and INCH AND A HALF from the back so front screw grabs seat secure!
These look beautiful with our black wood table. I had to use a longer screw to attach the front of the seat of the chair to the base on one chair because the ones provided were too short (for only one of the chairs!). But I think the chairs are worth the small dissimilarities because they look very nice and are at a good price.
We purchased 4 of these chairs for our breakfast room table...they are attractive chairs but we have noticed the paint finish chips easily and although we used wood glue when putting them together, they still have some 'looseness'. I would not recommend for heavier people or if used on a daily basis. We have had these for 4-5 months now so will see in the next couple of years how well they hold up.
I bought 6 chairs. The chairs came quick, but assembling them was a nightmare. Some of the chairs came damaged, but at this point trying to mail them back would have been a pain. There are whole in the chairs that the screws won't go into and you end up having to make you own holes. All in all the chairs look nice (at least the ones that didn't come damaged). But despite how much you pay, I don't see them lasting more than a couple of years.