Excellent chairs, especially for the price (came out to under $$$. ea.) These seem quite sturdy and well made, nicely stained wood. Look nice enough I'm considering replacing the table since it now looks shabby next to them :) Only warning is the instructions for assembly are not complete. The pegs at the ends of the side pieces (to put in the seat) are of two different sizes. Obviously the large pegs need to go in the large holes, etc., but since there was no mention of this in instructions it took us quite a while to figure out. As said in a previous review, once the first chair is assembled the rest should be easy. Other than that, one of the four chairs we received wobbles very slightly but can easily be fixed with a penny on the bottom of one leg. Well worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality chairs, seem very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Bought these a month ago. White is really "whitewash", so slightly disappointed by the color, but it makes up for it in the fact that it is indeed real wood, and the hardware was all there. Assembly was long, but durable, meaning that it did take some time and work, but I am very confident that it will hold up and the screws won't be loosening and falling out all the time like so many other furniture pieces I have gotten for cheap over the years. I sit down a little careful because I am 240 lbs and I think I could snap the back if I continually plunk down in a bullish manner, but other than that, I feel these are exceptional quality for the cost and the style is what I've been dreaming of in a chair- flat seat, straight back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ordered white- product is not really white but a white-wash.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
This is a good deal. I was searching for blue chairs for my blue and white kitchen. These chairs turned out to be perfect - nice clean lines, sturdy and a pretty, clear blue. My kitchen is blue and white and the chairs pop. Good value. I would buy these again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is a good match and a pretty, clear blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chairs are much more solid than expected. Putting together the first chair was a bit challenging but the rest were easy. Chairs look and feel solid.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description - you receive what is promised.
The actual chairs are great. Once I got them put together, I was very happy with them. They are solid, and have a great look about them. I was drawn to them because of their resemblance to the Emeco Navy chair. There's no wiggle, they are light, and comfortable, very good chairs for the money. The color is fun, not as loud as it looks on the website, which was good for us. Finish on the paint seems good so farwe have two small children who have a way of destroying anything that looks nice in our homeso we'll see how long it lasts. So far it has stood up to them just fine, just wipe it clean. BUT... It took two shipments of this chair to get me a complete set. Overstock took care of us, which was good, but it should be noted that one box arrived with one of the front legs on two of the chairs being splintered to bits. The box was also missing the front half of one of the chairs and several pieces of hardware... The lesson? Inspect all pieces of your shipment very carefully before assembling. Make sure all the joints are still glued and that there are no cracks. I would still recommend the chairs, based on the final product, and the price. If you need them now, and can't wait for some back-and-forth with Overstock, I'd consider something else, but the quality of the construction and the aesthetics of the chair have made up the time and effort spent dealing with the broken pieces.
They look great! I'm so disappointed to have to return the. The quality is not the best. If there are rarely sat it, they would be fine, but for everyday they will not last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect color, they are beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is not the best. If there are rarely sat it, they would be fine, but for everyday they will not last.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Love this product. Purchased 2 sets of four. Shipping was free and timely. Assembly was not difficult although time consuming for the entire set of eight. All parts were included. Nothing was missing. Assembly instructions were easy to follow. End result is very satisfactory. Would definitely order more if needed. Hightly recommend
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is perfect. Actually better than expected. Rich and elegant.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is high quality. It look expensive when assembled and placed around a table.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was right-on. Got exactly what we expected.
Cheap in every aspect of the word. Ordered the yellow set of four. The color was very light, nearly a natural finish. But the quality was most evident with the assembly when the wood split. Overstock was very good about returning the chairs because of a manufacturer defect.
My parents were in town and started to put these together for me and the first one was a real pain! Once they got the hang of it and we started a little assembly line, it went much faster. The chairs look really cute in my kitchen and I got a great deal. There were no missing parts or damage to the wood. Let's hope I remember to tighten the screws every 6 months!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured
very disappointed after these chairs arrived. Appearance and price wonderful. Ordered 2 sets (8 chairs) for our Florida vacation rental home. But after putting two chairs together, they wobbled significantly on our tile floor. POSSIBLY would be OK on thick rug, but NOT OK for hard floors. Paid $** to return. Expensive trial.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect - "pickled" light wood, but will blend with either "tannish" or "pinkish" tones, anything but stark white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor - we assembled two chairs, both wobbled - leg length varied by 1/8"-1/4"
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
A little hard to put together, but look great! Add a nice touch of color to a room :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Again...right on!
These chairs are terrible. DO NOT buy them. I have ordered and put together a lot of furniture. However, these chairs required a lot of work. 2 of the screws were stripped as we tried to screw them in, so we couldn't even finish putting them together. I am trying to get a return from Overstock, but they're return conditions don't let you return something that has already been put together. Additionally, the quality of the wood is TERRIBLE. It bends easily. I weigh 115 pounds and when I went to sit on the one chair that we successfully put together, I could feel the back of the chair bend. I read other people's reviews about how these were hard to put together and ignored them because I have put together tons of furniture before. DO NOT IGNORE THESE REVIEWS. DO NOT BUY THESE CHAIRS
I just moved into a new place and the previous occupants left an old dining room table. I purchased the chairs in yellow and now the set looks shabby chic - just what I was hoping for. The chairs are sturdy, put together easily. I thought I would need chair cushions - but - they are comfortable to go without.