The building of the chairs was very easy and took about an hour to build 4. It said not to use power tools, but I did anyway (going slow) and they turned out great. The only negative I have to say is that 2 chairs had a little chip on each. Not a big deal b/c I filled the chips in with ebony wood filler and stained the wood filler black. I'm sure a permanent marker would have worked as well, but I had the wood filler and stain left over from another wood project. The chairs are sturdy and would need cushions if you want a comfy seat, but worth the money. Like I said, exactly as expected.
I was searching for simple, black chairs to match a dining room table I had painted black. These seemed like a great deal so I bought 4. They weren't too hard to assemble, arrived in great condition, and could not be more perfect for our dining room. They seem sturdy as well. Great price!
The chairs are beautiful however they did not have corresponding holes for the screw. The seat part of the chair does not sit flush on the back of the seat making the chair unsteady. I tried to work with it but the chairs can not hold a adult and is not sturdy for a child.
We were excited to order these chairs. When we opened the box, the first one seemed pretty good. The second had a broken leg and the 3rd and 4th had all sorts of paint quality inconsistencies. The only good part of our experience was the Overstock staff. They quickly addressed our concerns. That said, even though the product was inferior, Overstock and their team were superior.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor. We ordered 6 of these, one came with a broken leg and 2 had poor paint finishing.
This was for our everyday kitchen table. We had benches that I always thought were unsightly and uncomfortable. It made me feel like we were eating at a picnic table. We did not want to spend top dollar on a whole new set especially because the kitchen table is solid wood and higher quality so could not justify replacing. The biggest concern was comfort and exact match to our table. These chairs work. They were not difficult to put together, in fact our 11 year old son was able to follow the directions and helped with most of it, although somewhat time consuming (but it was a good project to do with our child). We feel it is a solid product for the price we paid and looks good in our kitchen like we had bought it as a set. My only concern is how they will wear over time, if they will scratch up easily. Ahh, and I turned one bench into a stand for our potted herbs so there was no waste.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent/ not top of the line but sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accruate
It takes about 15-20 minutes to put together each chair, but it wasn't particularly difficult. The design is very simple and classic, should go with a wide variety of dining tables...they look great with mine. I think they're a nice middle ground as far as quality/price tradeoff, not crappy like Wall-Mart or Garden Ridge, but also not $300 a chair like Pottery Barn or something. We've had these several weeks and are very happy with them. If the finish chips off a little bit while assembling, just use a sharpie to touch-up and you'll never notice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They're definitely black!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the price, put together they are very stable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These chairs require some assembly, but once put together, they are of great quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I had been looking for two black crossback chairs to go with my existing dining room furniture and when I found these I wasn't sure about purchasing online if I needed to return, but they work perfect. I would recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected. I bought these to have extra chairs in my dining room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Purchased these after reading the reviews. I ordered 4 sets, put together the first chair with my daughter, was not hard to assemble. However, the nails on the base were very long and did not sit flush... continued to assemble, then realized the paint started to chip. The finish on the chairs is very good, but they are quiet flimsy and small... You get what you pay for with these chairs.