This cabinet went together quite easily and works well. I had hoped to store dishes in it as well, but it is too shallow for dinner plates. It is quite sturdy and does the job for which it was designed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is of reasonable quality, especially in view of the cost.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I put the pantry together by myself because I did not have any immediate assistance. I struggled a little bit because I did not pay attention to the directions correctly but within an hr or so it was up and standing. It's a nice pantry for my space. I put it in my dining area which is next to my small open kitchen. The quality of the wood is not the best because everytime I clean it with wood cleaner it leaves streaks and some of the paint is not covering the edge of the outter door. That would be my biggest cons.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality seems durable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
The finish on this cabinet is much better than expected. The manufacturer used very poor quality cams with shallow phillips head depressions so use a common screwdriver to tighten the cams. The common will give you the leverage you will need to turn them as the slots in the cams heads are deeper and better than the philips star. There was a little warp in one of the side front frames but I was able to apply enough careful pressure to get the cams to lock. Absolutely ugly knob but easy to change. This is the right size for my space, not a common size, and it is black. I am happy enough to recommend it. Keep the heavy stuff in the bottom it is tippy. Fastening it to a wall is not practical if you have baseboards or wainscotting.
This was one of the worst DIY projects I've done yet. The directions were difficult to follow and there were SO many pieces, you practically needed an engineering degree to put everything together. I should have heeded other reviewers' warnings about the difficulty in putting this piece together. What a hassle! For the time it took me to put it together, I could have just purchased something ready-made and saved myself the headache! Oh, and you definitely must have 2 people to assemble this shelf!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Low Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate