The desk is really well made and pretty easy to put together. Be aware that the directions are English but this wasn't the writers first language! At one point the directions were wrong (the legs). They had the directions switched from one side to the other. You would figure it out if you follow the diagram carefully. Still, it was an easy fix and again the product looks great. Can't beat the price! Fast delivery too.
I needed a corner desk in my empty bedroom to put our computer on. My son told me bamboo is very strong building material so I chose this, and I am thrilled with my choice. The shelves are perfect for smaller baskets with supplies. The middle drawer is perfect for a supply of paper. It is just a really cool, sturdy desk! I have had GREAT success with MANY purchases from Overstock.com this summer as I helped my three sons move into their own homes and worked on my own empty nest.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks just like the picture, and goes great with my medium oak furniture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a sturdy, attractive piece of furniture. Bamboo is very strong.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate.
This table is great. It has the characteristic bamboo markigs, so you can be sure it's sustainable & bamboo. It has a very wide drawer and fits wonderfully in the corner. Also has shelves below, but you don't have to attach those if you want more room underneath. I did attach them. I actually used this in my kitchen to place a microwave on and put the 2 recycle baskets underneath. Put it together by myself. Goes great w/the bamboo utensils and napkin holder I already had. : ) Love it, love the earth friendliness!!!!!!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Awesome!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
We received this desk yesterday and like many reviewers had some difficulty with the directions but in about 1.5 hrs we had this assembled. Fits great in a corner, gives a lot of space to the room while providing a functional workspace. A few dings on some areas but nothing you would notice unless you were giving a very close eye. Like any office furniture that comes in pieces to assemble it is not perfect but if you are looking for an affordable, space saving desk this is a good one.
Purchased a similar desk from another company but had to return it because the side wall and dowels were split, even in the box. Ended up paying about *** more for this desk but 'boy' was it money well spent compared to the piece of junk I had previously become familiar with, This proved to be a great buy. Follow assembly instructions as written and do not tighten any screws or bolts until all are in place. An easy process that should take about an hour in total. The end result is a super sturdy, nice looking addition to my condo bedroom. I had also purchased an upholstered chair from Overstock that was the perfect compliment as opposed to the office chair style of seating.
Didn't realize a constructed corner desk would be difficult to move from room to room. Due to the measurements, I had to remove a door in order to relocate the desk without scratching my newly painted door frame. Other than that, it's great. Sturdy, cheap, very nice looking, and functional.
I love the idea of occupying a corner of my den with a desk to work off of, but in building it, a metal nut cracked. Then, as I went to sit at the desk and do some reading, my sleeve got snagged. There is a crack in the top of the desk that's not noticeable until a snag occurs.
unpacked and assembled the desk, looked great. 2 days later, in the middle of the nite, it began popping and the top is coming apart. Looks like some type of expansion between the bamboo panels. The panels are now raised at the joints with quite large cracks between them.
I have been shopping online for 10 years or more and have never been this disappointed, the box arrived and was filthy, you could tell by the tape on the corners of the box that it had been opened, that had me worried, Upon opening the box you could see it had been repacked Once we got it out the table itself was bent right in on one corner, unusable, there were scratches on all the pieces, but the topper was no bag of screws to even put it together ! That's if you wanted to after seeing the condition of it All I can say is total disappointment The only good thing was Overstock took it back right away I've learned my lesson
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked like
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We found two right legs inside the package instead of one right and one left. We notified Overstock and about a week to ten days later we received the correct part [Left Leg] I was able to complete construction. The desk looks very nice and we are pleased with the product and Overstock's care and concern. I just wonder how it happened ?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Was such a nice desk and good quality that I have already ordered another in black for my grandson for his room to do his school work...He has recieved it today and already using it.....He loves it also
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I love my desk! It is just the right size for the corner of my at home office and allows me to free up space in the room. There was some varience in the wood coloring, noticing 3 different shades of color, but once put together not as noticable. All and all it was a great purchase!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I love my new little bamboo corner desk! The quality is just OK, but I don't think you can expect better craftsmanship for the low price of the desk. I can overlook the nicks, dents (none of which are on the top surface), and slightly askew drawer (when it is opened) because the desk is level, sturdy, looks great on the bamboo flooring, and helps beautify our narrow rectangular family room. Recommended!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on site compared well with the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is OK - some nicks, dents, and the drawer doesn't open right
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description on site was accurate.
I really like this computer desk. It is small and fits in the corner nicely.. The bamboo wood looks good. My grandson put it together for me with no trouble. I am already enjoying using it...
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is very nice. It seems to be very sturdy.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes It is just as described on the website.
While this corner desk may be named "Simple Living," it is definitely not simple to assemble. The end result is satisfying if you can soldier through the assembly. Expected the entire product to be bamboo, but much of it is composition board.